2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Nice to get that one ground ball and close the game out on a day where Pressly didn't have it. That inning could have gotten ugly, but you need to win that type of game in the postseason. 

Why LaStella didn’t swing at that 3-1 meatball i have no idea

but I’ll take it 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He didn’t have a full year of service time last year. Essentially I was saying we have all his service time left- just like Tucker. 

He's not a rookie. His service time started in 2018.

Definition

A player shall be considered a rookie unless he has exceeded any of the following thresholds in a previous season (or seasons):

• 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues.
• 45 total days on an active Major League roster prior to Sept. 1, when clubs are allowed to expand their rosters from the 25-player limit to include any player on the 40-man roster.

From Sept. 1 through the end of the regular season, both at-bats and innings pitched count against rookie eligibility but days on a big league roster do not.

A player must have rookie eligibility to be considered for any MLB rookie awards -- such as the American League or National League Rookie of the Year Award -- or appear on any MLB Pipeline prospect lists.

Edited by Gourmand

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

He's not a rookie. His service time started in 2018.

Definition

A player shall be considered a rookie unless he has exceeded any of the following thresholds in a previous season (or seasons):

• 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues.
• 45 total days on an active Major League roster prior to Sept. 1, when clubs are allowed to expand their rosters from the 25-player limit to include any player on the 40-man roster.

From Sept. 1 through the end of the regular season, both at-bats and innings pitched count against rookie eligibility but days on a big league roster do not.

A player must have rookie eligibility to be considered for any MLB rookie awards -- such as the American League or National League Rookie of the Year Award -- or appear on any MLB Pipeline prospect lists.

I get it. Like I said- I was talking about how much time we have left before he’s FA eligible. I don’t really care about any designation beyond that. 

I get it. Like I said- I was talking about how much time we have left before he’s FA eligible. I don’t really care about any designation beyond that. 
Fair enough, my larger point was only about his dollar value now vs what he should be getting years from now. He's incredible and deserves a fat fuckin raise.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 1