2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

44 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

McCullers's ability to refocus after the 3rd and 4th run bombs to close out those innings was huge. He gave up 4 hits after those HR's and not one of those runners scored. His line looks bad, but he really slam the door on their dicks to keep us in that game.

Yeah, that was very un-LMJ like

normally, he gets a shitty break or two, and the wheels fall off, 3 walks 3 XBH hits later and we’re down 7.

7 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Non regular season starters have pirched 5 2/3 innings in 27 postseason innings is what I was getting at. 

I get it and just being a smartass...but this is also why “bullpen” is probably the last thing I want as the strongest part of my team going in to the postseason. I’d rather have a great offense, or great starting pitching, may even take great defense.

now, that’s true in most years. This year with potentially 5 straight this week and 7 straight next week, a team like the A’s become a huge favorite if the series goes deep.

need to step on their throats with Framber and Grienke the next two days.

17 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I get it and just being a smartass...but this is also why “bullpen” is probably the last thing I want as the strongest part of my team going in to the postseason. I’d rather have a great offense, or great starting pitching, may even take great defense.

now, that’s true in most years. This year with potentially 5 straight this week and 7 straight next week, a team like the A’s become a huge favorite if the series goes deep.

need to step on their throats with Framber and Grienke the next two days.

The thing the team really needed last year was a guy to match up against Soto late in games. The Astros needed that one LHP, and they probably win the WS. The Astros tandem starting allows them to maximize their pitching staff, but almost every other team we play will have a dominant bullpen.

56 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The thing the team really needed last year was a guy to match up against Soto late in games. The Astros needed that one LHP, and they probably win the WS. The Astros tandem starting allows them to maximize their pitching staff, but almost every other team we play will have a dominant bullpen.

There was some of that. But also, the bats didn't play as well with the weight of expectations last year. When they got down, they had a hard time battling back. The bats we saw come back today, down twice, didn't exist last year.  They did exist in 2017.

Still, I have no hopes.

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

There was some of that. But also, the bats didn't play as well with the weight of expectations last year. When they got down, they had a hard time battling back. The bats we saw come back today, down twice, didn't exist last year.  They did exist in 2017.

Still, I have no hopes.

Bats were vintage ‘17 today.  

9 hours ago, Mack Tripper said:

Negative loser karma from a franchise that has twice the championships (Sans the cheating scandal)?

The Dallas Cowboys have a more recent championship and I'm pretty sure nobody wants any of their karma. Pretty sure that's his point, the current iteration of the franchise. 

But regardless, there should be less griping about anything having to do with Olajuwon and Houston. 

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The Dallas Cowboys have a more recent championship and I'm pretty sure nobody wants any of their karma. Pretty sure that's his point, the current iteration of the franchise. 

But regardless, there should be less griping about anything having to do with Olajuwon and Houston. 

Yeah, if it wasn't clear, that was the point - everything was good when I saw Hakeem.

Man LMJ had me so pissed yesterday I flipped off the tv and walked out and had to go to my son's 7th grade football game(he made the A team yayyy) and when i saw on my phone he got out of the inning I was shocked. Got to give him props. balls of steel and I have no idea how Dusty left him in.

So far dusty has made all the right moves unlike the regular season. Astro Magic! please keep it up as I'm all in and fully optimistic we can win it all.

• Hook 'Em 2