2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

Tough loss guys.  Hoping 'Stros even it up this midweek.  SIAP but games on Tue & Wed now set for 7:40p-CDT.  hope y'all bounce back and take the flag.  

Who the fuck wants to see a Rays-Braves world series besides Fred McGriff?  

Still a lot of baseball to be played. I’m not willing to dredge up the ghosts of ‘05 yet.   This is a different type of team.  These guys had every opportunity to just pack it in today, but kept fighting for it.  Just got some bad bounces and a metric butt ton of at’em balls.  Plus... we’re still playing with house money. 

1 minute ago, utxmike05 said:

Jeeezus christ. I just wish they could just be consistently competitive on offense. I don’t expect 9 runs every game but come the fuck on! This lineup is loaded!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were competitive today. 

7 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Still a lot of baseball to be played. I’m not willing to dredge up the ghosts of ‘05 yet.   This is a different type of team.  These guys had every opportunity to just pack it in today, but kept fighting for it.  Just got some bad bounces and a metric butt ton of at’em balls.  Plus... we’re still playing with house money. 

same here.

Keep making work.  Every fucking thing possible has gone right for the Rays and it's not like they're lighting up Houston.

Houston wins Tuesday night and tides change...

Edited by slorch

Yeah it's mostly been shitty sequencing luck and babip.  We're winning the strikeout battle.  About the only thing Tampa can point to is that they've out homered us by 1 and have played better defense.  And had two runners on for their 1st homer today but that goes back to sequencing luck...we've had more base runners but our two homers have been solo.

But the playoffs are a crapshoot and there's not always time for the luck to even out.

Edited by WBT

7 hours ago, David Dennison said:

He is the heart and soul of this group of Astros.

I hope Jim Crane does everything he can to keep him. The qualifying offer whispers suck.

Qualifying offer whispers?  I’m not sure what these could be. He will definitely get a Q.O. But that doesn’t preclude a negotiation or signing with the Astros but simply ensures draft compensation should he go somewhere else. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The error was pathetic for both Altuve and Yuli.  Still, I don't agree with the sentiment that it "cost" them the game anymore so than if it were a hit or a walk.  Every team commits them from time to time and they're fairly unpredictable.  The Astros have actually been quite good defensively this season and better than the Rays from a team defense perspective.

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Qualifying offer whispers?  I’m not sure what these could be. He will definitely get a Q.O. But that doesn’t preclude a negotiation or signing with the Astros but simply ensures draft compensation should he go somewhere else. 

That is an excellent point. I'm just being pessimistic and emotional about it because it's George.

Thanks for the reality check.

Edited by David Dennison

16 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Well, there's only a lot of baseball left if the Astros win today. They are in must win territory now, but if they do win today, they take it to at least 6, win or lose game 4, I think. 

12 hours ago, David Dennison said:

He is the heart and soul of this group of Astros.

I hope Jim Crane does everything he can to keep him. The qualifying offer whispers suck.

I love Springer. I'd love for him to remain with the club.

I just don't see it. They've had years to extend him and never got it done. 

13 hours ago, David Dennison said:

AJ Hinch to the White Sox with George Springer in tow.

Like I said. It's a rumor, but this guy is excited about something.

So the White Sox are going to hire both a "cheating" manager and player?  I guess I never heard them bitch about it as much as the Dodgers or Yankees so maybe they don't care.  What does the one White Sox fan have to say about it?

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

So the White Sox are going to hire both a "cheating" manager and player?  I guess I never heard them bitch about it as much as the Dodgers or Yankees so maybe they don't care.  What does the one White Sox fan have to say about it?

And will ESPN then crucify them for hiring a cheater?