2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

Yeah blaming Dusty is laughable.  

Pressly just shit the bed.  Walking the leadoff guy is inexcusable.  Throwing a fucking 3-2 breaking ball 6 inches off the plate?  Come on dickhead....man up and go at the fucking #8 hitter who has less than like 10 ABs in his career.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I know it’s early (although kinda not early w 60 games)...but at this point all I care about are the bats doing work this season to shut up the idiots hung up on the “sign scandal”. Carlos and Brantley are batting over 400 (at least as of yesterday).

We just need other top teams to suffer setbacks like us...to level the playing field. Then just go to war with bats and subpar pitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, mbtex said:

I would have tried Josh James could have not been any worse. I would not try Pressly until He gets more work in. 

I suppose if you expect to walk the leadoff hitter in a close situation, Josh James is definitely a closer candidate. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Somehow this team still isn’t below .500...

and will be back in first after the sweep in Oakland

some nice shiny ERAs for Oakland’s starters in this series are going to look a lot worse come Monday 

Or they wreck our shit and take out years of frustration on a struggling baseball team.

I hope your version is the right one.

2 hours ago, elguapo said:

Pressly hasn't been himself for about a year, I fully expected him to blow the lead last night. I wasn't happy that he was brought in to try and close it out, but i'm also not sure there are any better options on the team right now.

I don’t know what’s going on with him. The stuff looks intact but his command seems to have degraded. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Or they wreck our shit and take out years of frustration on a struggling baseball team.

I hope your version is the right one.

Man, screw the As. Them beating up on the Stros was pretty much all I witnessed when I lived in Oakland. I hope even with our current suckitude, somehow Houston takes the series this weekend. 

Yeah the Angels have a dude who helped kill a player, the A's have Nazi salutes going on, The Rangers minor league players sexually abuse each other, we banged a trash can

Seattle needs to step their game up they are letting the AL West down