Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Scared me off? No such luck. LOL. Just waiting on news about my uncle. He coded twice and they have to do brain wave tests. We don’t know the results of all that. He was supposed to get off the ventilator tomorrow but…hopefully things are turning around. 

Hoping tomorrow is a great day for UT football. 

I need a CFS and don’t understand why people don’t like brown gravy because it’s how I was taught to make it with the drippings per my grandmother. 

#teamnicolesuncle 

My best friend was my uncle. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Scared me off? No such luck. LOL. Just waiting on news about my uncle. He coded twice and they have to do brain wave tests. We don’t know the results of all that. He was supposed to get off the ventilator tomorrow but…hopefully things are turning around. 

I need a CFS and don’t understand why people don’t like brown gravy because it’s how I was taught to make it with the drippings per my grandmother. 

My grandmother also did brown gravy with the drippings. Loved it. Thanks for the memory!!!

Edited by Brandywine
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

My grandmother also did brown gravy with the drippings. Loved it. Thanks for the memory!!!

It’s sooooo good. I mean there is obviously shitty gravy out there but with the drippings it’s next level. 

Next year we should all get together to celebrate CFS Day (October 26.) Hopefully, UT football will be in a radically different place so we will have much to be excited about. 🤘🏼🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s sooooo good. I mean there is obviously shitty gravy out there but with the drippings it’s next level. 

Next year we should all get together to celebrate CFS Day (October 26.) Hopefully, UT football will be in a radically different place so we will have much to be excited about. 🤘🏼🤘🏼

My parents were Yankees that moved here.  Brown gravy with everything.  I didn't even know cream gravy existed until I was teen.  My first thought was how is this gravy if there are no drippings?  To this day will still pick brown over cream anytime on anything if there's a choice.

• Hook 'Em 1

My parents were Yankees that moved here.  Brown gravy with everything.  I didn't even know cream gravy existed until I was teen.  My first thought was how is this gravy if there are no drippings?  To this day will still pick brown over cream anytime on anything if there's a choice.

This is akin to picking your favorite child.
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I actually prefer the brown gravy, but my parents are both from the Deep South. White gravy was usually a breakfast gravy and brown was with lunch and supper. 

• Hook 'Em 3

There is a place in Fredericksburg that does Chicken Fried Ribeye (it was on the Texas Bucket List) with Lobster Gravy.  

I am kinda a purist but my cousin Tara who is similar to me taste wise lives near there and said it’s badass. 

Cabernet Grill is the place. Lobster gravy seems a bit decadent? 

B4B0BC6F-25BC-48AE-98EA-B69F0F29B35C.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

33 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

T&Ps

First, my uncle, was my older brother I never had...it would be the same if I cut off one of my appendages, would miss!, oxygen in my world growing up! I have my wife, parents, siblings, kids, grand-kids, pets and other diversions. But, when...

Second, gravy. Cream (white)... ummmmmmmmmmm, breakfast, eggs, biscuits and bacon (and or breakfast sausage). Brown? Oh my... CFS with mashed potato, okra (fried) and string green beans and or black eye peas! Look out. I hear ya! And the way my great grandmother made it.... would it really matter????????

We should weep for those that have not had either, for they know not what they miss.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

There is a place in Fredericksburg that does Chicken Fried Ribeye (it was on the Texas Bucket List) with Lobster Gravy.  

I am kinda a purist but my cousin Tara who is similar to me taste wise lives near there and said it’s badass. 

Cabernet Grill is the place. Lobster gravy seems a bit decadent? 

B4B0BC6F-25BC-48AE-98EA-B69F0F29B35C.jpeg

The Barn Door in SA serves chicken fried ribeye. I haven’t been there in a long time, but it was good 30 years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust