Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

the 806 shit may be the dumbest thing to come out of this.  no one knows or cares where the fuck the "806" is.

I'm from 806, and I don't give a shit. You know that area codes were assigned based on how long it'd take to dial them on the rotary phone? That's why NYC gets 212, Los Angeles gets 213, Austin gets 512, and Amarillo gets 806. Try dialing 806 on a rotary phone, I dare ya.

And notice I didn't mention Lubbock. Because Lubbock doesn't count, not even to people from Amarillo.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I'm from 806, and I don't give a shit. You know that area codes were assigned based on how long it'd take to dial them on the rotary phone? That's why NYC gets 212, Los Angeles gets 213, Austin gets 512, and Amarillo gets 806. Try dialing 806 on a rotary phone, I dare ya.

And notice I didn't mention Lubbock. Because Lubbock doesn't count, not even to people from Amarillo.

Fuck Amarillo (unless George Straight is singing about it, then it's fine.)

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Aslan24 said:

You guys hear that? UT’s only saving grace is Money.

Not the top recruits, maximum exposure, immediate playing time, or better supporting cast. Just the money.

TLDW for the video: there is literally no new information in it. The guy says he considers Ewers a Tech lean and then doesn’t bother to say why. He only lists the same things that are common knowledge at this point.

4E814DBA-1390-49BA-819E-5F18033BD9AC.gif

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Pretty sure Austin switched to 512 in the late 90s, so I doubt rotary had much to do with that.

1 hour ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

I think SAT broke away and formed the 210 area code in 1990 or thereabouts.

It was some time around Christmas in '92; I know because I lost a bet drunk at a bar over what the area code was in San Antonio...

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think SAT broke away and formed the 210 area code in 1990 or thereabouts.

Yep 210 and a little after that 830 and about. Grew up in Spring Branch and boundary went right through our school district. Became a long distance call to call some of my high school friends that were literally down the street.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust