Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:
  Hide contents

It was a busy day in Austin on Saturday as Texas welcomed in most of its 2022 commit class along with multiple targets in the 2022 and 2023 classes. However, the biggest name on campus was Ohio State transfer quarterback Quinn Ewers.

Ewers entered the portal on Dec. 3, and while Texas has been a legitimate contender since the news first broke, so has Texas Tech.

The Red Raiders hosted Ewers last week for a visit and gave the Ewers family a lot to think about with head coach Joey McGuire and offensive coordinator Zach Kittley leading the charge. The buzz coming out of his visit was strong enough to officially label Texas Tech as a threat in this race.

Enter Saturday when the buzz with the Red Raiders was still strong. But quietly behind-the-scenes, so was Texas' confidence.

After a day in Austin, multiple sources have told Horns247 that the confidence in Texas landing Quinn Ewers grew today and that they expect a decision to come soon. The buzz coming out of today is the strongest we've heard from the Texas side since he entered the portal last Friday.

Texas Tech is angling to go in-home with Ewers Sunday as a final push before an expected decision comes.

---

There is also strong buzz coming out of Austin tonight that a 2023 prospect has made a commitment. We have confirmed who it is, but have not been given a go-ahead on entering a Crystal Ball. I can say is that it is a solid addition to the class that I think will help move that 2023 class forward with some steam.

---

Today's commitment from Kelvin Banks may not be the last one Texas sees on the offensive line before Early Signing Day. There is also buzz that Kyle Flood is moving closer to securing a commitment from one of his top targets after Banks' commitment today helped usher in some momentum at the position.

Based on that blurb, guessing the 2023 is Kaiuway.

Edited by texifornia

4 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:
  Hide contents

It was a busy day in Austin on Saturday as Texas welcomed in most of its 2022 commit class along with multiple targets in the 2022 and 2023 classes. However, the biggest name on campus was Ohio State transfer quarterback Quinn Ewers.

Ewers entered the portal on Dec. 3, and while Texas has been a legitimate contender since the news first broke, so has Texas Tech.

The Red Raiders hosted Ewers last week for a visit and gave the Ewers family a lot to think about with head coach Joey McGuire and offensive coordinator Zach Kittley leading the charge. The buzz coming out of his visit was strong enough to officially label Texas Tech as a threat in this race.

Enter Saturday when the buzz with the Red Raiders was still strong. But quietly behind-the-scenes, so was Texas' confidence.

After a day in Austin, multiple sources have told Horns247 that the confidence in Texas landing Quinn Ewers grew today and that they expect a decision to come soon. The buzz coming out of today is the strongest we've heard from the Texas side since he entered the portal last Friday.

Texas Tech is angling to go in-home with Ewers Sunday as a final push before an expected decision comes.

---

There is also strong buzz coming out of Austin tonight that a 2023 prospect has made a commitment. We have confirmed who it is, but have not been given a go-ahead on entering a Crystal Ball. I can say is that it is a solid addition to the class that I think will help move that 2023 class forward with some steam.

---

Today's commitment from Kelvin Banks may not be the last one Texas sees on the offensive line before Early Signing Day. There is also buzz that Kyle Flood is moving closer to securing a commitment from one of his top targets after Banks' commitment today helped usher in some momentum at the position.

Ok, am I on Candid Camera? There aren’t really words here, are there?

• Hook 'Em 2

Although it's Nata Lot ... it's pretty positive.

Nick at Nite: Visit day in Austin has Texas trending for multiple top targets

Nick Harris

Spoiler

Nick at Nite: Visit day in Austin has Texas trending for multiple top targets

Nick Harris

It was a busy day in Austin on Saturday as Texas welcomed in most of its 2022 commit class along with multiple targets in the 2022 and 2023 classes. However, the biggest name on campus was Ohio State transfer quarterback Quinn Ewers.

The Red Raiders hosted Ewers last week for a visit and gave the Ewers family a lot to think about with head coach Joey McGuire and offensive coordinator Zach Kittley leading the charge. The buzz coming out of his visit was strong enough to officially label Texas Tech as a threat in this race.

After a day in Austin, multiple sources have told Horns247 that the confidence in Texas landing Quinn Ewers grew today and that they expect a decision to come soon. The buzz coming out of today is the strongest we've heard from the Texas side since he entered the portal last Friday.

---

---

Today's commitment from Kelvin Banks may not be the last one Texas sees on the offensive line before Early Signing Day. There is also buzz that Kyle Flood is moving closer to securing a commitment from one of his top targets after Banks' commitment today helped usher in some momentum at the position.

Get ready for a wild Signing Day week.

Edited by Getafix
  • Haha 1

We’ll see who accepts my vaccination certificate. COVID restrictions are nuts in some of these Asian countries.
Korea still has a 10 day quarantine (vaxxed or not) unless you can get a family/business exception. Some friends of mine have a daughter living/working there, plans to spend Christmas with her are kaput..just like real QE news.

49 minutes ago, ousux said:

Korea still has a 10 day quarantine (vaxxed or not) unless you can get a family/business exception. Some friends of mine have a daughter living/working there, plans to spend Christmas with her are kaput..just like real QE news.

I’m able to enter on an exemption. As long as I test negative at ICN, no quarantine required.

3 hours ago, ousux said:

Oh, and if you have pics of the daughter, I may be able to check in on her for your friend.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

What were the early reports coming out of OSU?  I know he should have still been In HS, but was he challenging for the starting spot before the season started.  Any news of unbelievable arm talent in practice or anything like that?

I found this...makes it sound complicated as to how much opportunity Ewers would've had to shine.

Ohio State easing Quinn Ewers into practice, 'There's just so much for him to learn in a short period of time'

ByPATRICK MURPHY Aug 18, 12:03 PM

Wednesday was practice 13 this fall for Ohio State's football team, but it was just practice three of the young college career of Quinn Ewers. After arriving over the weekend and taking part in picture day on Sunday, the former five-star quarterback was quick on to the field but not quick to do too much.

But that is by design. Head coach Ryan Day made it clear on Monday, following Ewers putting on pads and his practice uniform for the first time, that this was going to be an easing-in process for the quarterback. He reiterated those comments again on Wednesday.

"Just learning where to go and where the locker room is and everything else," Day said when asked about Ewers' first few practices with the Scarlet and Gray.

Day and the rest of the Ohio State offensive staff are of course aware of the talent of Ewers; that's why they recruited the top-ranked prospect in the 2022 class, and one of the highest-rated high school players ever. But when Ewers made the decision to reclassify to the 2021 class, finish high school early and enroll in college months before it was expected, the Buckeyes understood that this process wasn't going to be normal.

After missing the first couple of weeks of fall camp, Ewers was with the quarterbacks on Wednesday but only took part in individual throwing drills. When the Scarlet and Gray went into team periods, Ewers stood behind the offense, often talking with presumed starting quarterback C.J. Stroud, who also didn't do much because of a workload management day.

"There's just so much for him to learn in such a short period of time," Day explained of Ewers' activity in practice. "Usually we have months upon months of time to prepare them before they even step on the field. He (just) showed up and is learning formations, learning everything like that. So it's just individual drills and we keep him after practice and start to teach him the offense, but we're certainly not just going to throw him in there."

To Day's point, both Stroud and classmate Jack Miller have been in the Ohio State program for over a year now after enrolling in January of 2020. While last season was far from normal, these two quarterbacks got to take part in practices and watch and learn behind starter Justin Fields for months.

True freshman Kyle McCord arrived this past January. He went through winter conditioning, spring football, summer workouts and now has multiple practices in fall camp under his belt as he gets ready for his first season of college football.

All three of these players have worked and earned the right to get snaps in practice, while Ewers is still learning how the day to day works for the Buckeyes.

"I mean, that's not fair to him and also it's not fair to the other guys," Day continued. "If he doesn't know where things are, you can get somebody hurt. But he'll pick it up quick and he's learning and I think the guys are doing a good job of helping him along because I think they understand this is a very unique situation."

What's next for the Buckeyes? Make sure you're in the loop -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Buckeyes newsletter now!

As camp progresses and Ewers gets more comfortable with life at Ohio State, and everything that comes with it, the freshman's reps and what he does in practice will certainly increase. But Day and the Buckeyes are going to handle the quarterback the right way and not rush him into anything with the season approaching.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

What were the early reports coming out of OSU?  I know he should have still been In HS, but was he challenging for the starting spot before the season started.  Any news of unbelievable arm talent in practice or anything like that?

I believe it was stated somewhere that he would jump to second on the depth chart next year because he was progressing faster than McCord and Miller. I can’t remember where I read that though, sorry. 

41 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

My bad man, I meant that to be a positive for when he’s wearing burnt orange flinging laser beams around DKR! If Bryce young can win a heisman than lets start the hashtags now. #MulletForHeisman2022. 

Fuck are you telling me Bijan and Mullet are going to split the Texas vote?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Fug said:

How’s the conversation with Tech go? “Hey man, I know you went to Texas and they’re getting a bunch of top OL recruits but come play behind the 1000th ranked tackle right here”

we already had highly ranked OL on campus this year. tech’s OL played as well or better. 

4 minutes ago, Fug said:

How’s the conversation with Tech go? “Hey man, I know you went to Texas and they’re getting a bunch of top OL recruits but come play behind the 1000th ranked tackle right here”

I think it would probably go along the lines of “our OC has a fucking spare in Bailey Zappe at QB and Zappe has already broken the ncaa record for single season yardage and is within 4 TDs of breaking Joe Burrow’s TD record while playing in one less game. Texas threw the ball 340 times, Kittley’s offense threw it 700. Our entire offense (and team) will be about you breaking all of those records each season before you head to the NFL as the #1 pick.”

I’m not saying that it will work (it won’t) or that there isn’t more than a trillion compelling reasons for QE to choose the Horns but Tech does have a message. 

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust