Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

16 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Why would you ask for cash under the table that can get you into all kinds of shit, when you can get million in NIL money? 

Because when you sign with an agent your income for those activities go through the agent -- so that they can take their 15%. Otherwise you're fucking them over.

quoted the wrong guy sorry. But you people wondering why it all has to be on the up and up now should read what I just said. It's like the IRS. You have to report your income.

Edited by mwaadeeb

24 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

If it wouldve been Ketchum he wouldve tweeted it out instantly. Nahlin does it the right way. 

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yeah having sat with Eric and talked for a good hour. He is a friend to the program. He does what he does because he loves UT, all these other jokers are just sucking on the teet of a Goliath. 

Yep this. Nahlin has held shit to his own detriment when all the others are blabbing their fucking mouths off

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Because when you sign with an agent your income for those activities go through the agent -- so that they can take their 15%. Otherwise you're fucking them over.

quoted the wrong guy sorry. But you people wondering why it all has to be on the up and up now should read what I just said. It's like the IRS. You have to report your income.

The responses have been awesome. Ewers NIL income has been reported to be 1.5 million to has high as 3 million. How does the average family hide that kind of money?   NIL deals are larger than bag money. People are thinking so small 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jafari Rastaman said:

How is NIL $$ taxed? Might be an argument for cash in a bag.

You think Bijan could have gotten a million in a bag? There will always be people trying to make a quick buck off an athlete. The intelligent ones will make larger NIL deals 

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

He’s already making a million.  Sucks he has to pay taxes but better tha looking over your shoulder

That is what they don’t understand. Why take 200k in a bag, when you can make that legally after taxes through an NIL deal. Fuck, even Vito Corleone would take the NIL deal over the bag

Edited by Codaxx
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

That is what they don’t understand. Why take 200k in a bag, when you can make that legally after taxes through an NIL deal. Fuck, even Vito Corleone would take the NIL deal over the bag

You're not a wartime consigliari.

You're out, Tom.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

So you don’t have to deal with a bunch of weirdos from a message board to collect your check?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

My blood’s as orange as it gets but it might be worth it to see the meltdown if he does not come here.   Just a whiff that he might  not has this place at defcon -1. 

I mean, just go back and read the Kansas game thread if that kind of thing is what gets your rocks off. 

21 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

He’s already making a million.  Sucks he has to pay taxes but better tha looking over your shoulder

Looking over your shoulder for who exactly? NCAA? IRS? 

I’m still trying to figure out how bags can get a recruit in trouble. And when was the last time it happened?

1 minute ago, 4HE said:

Looking over your shoulder for who exactly? NCAA? IRS? 

I’m still trying to figure out how bags can get a recruit in trouble. And when was the last time it happened?

Because your agent gets their % and the IRS gets it's % so with bags you're fucking over the one who's supposed to be helping you and the one who can put you in jail.

No kidding … it ain’t like NIL is giving bagmen religion.

And that was my main point. Not necessarily that he’d take it, but for any school in competition w/ Texas for a recruit that can’t come near their NIL offerings, I can’t imagine them just settling without considering something under the table.

•  
49 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’ve said it for years- I know the guy in real life a little and I think he’s a good dude (Nahlin). 
he definitely has good intentions. 

Yeah, I like most of the folks at Inside Texas.  

Last Monday on HornFm, Joe Cook (IT) laughed about how well the Texas TE's Cade Brewer and Jared Wiley played against K-State and said he was sure the folks on "Surly" were celebrating.  😋

@immamac 

Edited by LTtxfan

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust