Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

4 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Agreed, would add DFW as it's the closest to SL. This plane definitely left from Love though. So take FWIW, and can certainly dismiss based on that, though we're only talking a matter of ~20 mins between DFW and Love. And this has been only plane I've seen with this sort of LBK --> Dallas round trips in that last couple days that I could tie to Tech.

I'm like Michael Buble and Mariah Carey, hibernate for 11 months of the year and emerge to see whether there are offseason shenanigans to jump into. 

Michael Buble and Mariah Carey post on Surly?

37 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Agreed, would add DFW as it's the closest to SL. This plane definitely left from Love though. So take FWIW, and can certainly dismiss based on that, though we're only talking a matter of ~20 mins between DFW and Love. And this has been only plane I've seen with this sort of LBK --> Dallas round trips in that last couple days that I could tie to Tech.

I'm like Michael Buble and Mariah Carey, hibernate for 11 months of the year and emerge to see whether there are offseason shenanigans to jump into. 

I'm admittedly not up on private jet travel -- only been on two in my life -- but I didn't think DFW handled any private jets. I know the rich Dallas-ites who travel private all go in and out of the terminals on the east side of Love Field. I'm not sure what rich Ft Worth-ians do. I assume they don't use anything over in Dallas because you know, "life's too short to live in Dallas" and all that shit.

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

If Riley moves to Lubbock, he’ll regret it and hate every second of it. He’ll spend every moment trying to get the Dodge out of Hell.

I accidentally negged this because I have big hands and am on my phone.  I believe I corrected the error, but if not, you have my apologies.

• Hook 'Em 2

Scoop:

EWERS.... A source close to the On3 2021 five-star says despite his scheduled trip to TCU today, it's a two-horse race between the Horns and Red Raiders. Source also mentioned Ewers wants to bring a few recruits with him from the 2022 cycle, and that might factor into his decision at the end of the day.

Upon hearing the news Quinn Ewers was in the portal, Steve Sarkisian immediately went to Southlake Carroll to visit with Ewers and his parents. The meeting lasted at least 3 hours. 

Texas Tech seems to have a lot of confidence. Meanwhile, Texas sources seem fairly confident as well. However, it would be a mistake to think Ewers will pick Texas simply because it makes sense on paper. It will need to make sense on the balance sheet as well. 

As hard as it is to believe, Tech’s confidence is founded from our perspective. They seemed to have the jump on this and have presented a coordinated front.

As of yesterday, someone on the Tech side told a trusted source they [Tech] were in the recruitment but had no formal agreement.

Back to UT optimism, our source mentioned it’s not likely they’d miss out over financial considerations.

I'm admittedly not up on private jet travel -- only been on two in my life -- but I didn't think DFW handled any private jets. I know the rich Dallas-ites who travel private all go in and out of the terminals on the east side of Love Field. I'm not sure what rich Ft Worth-ians do. I assume they don't use anything over in Dallas because you know, "life's too short to live in Dallas" and all that shit.

Privates fly in to DFW as well.

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I've never been on a PJ in my life but have extensive experience sleuthing them. DFW definitely handles private jets, though there's not a lot of that kind of traffic compared to other strips. From what I've seen, people flying private tend to set their plane's homebase at whatever airport is closest to their home, and, similarly, on trips they fly into whatever airport is close to their destination / reason for travel. All comes down to convenience.

For this particular plane, the owner's home base is in Lubbock and the plane has only made a handful of trips to DFW all year (this is the first since early October), so the only thing I read into Love Field being the current destination (and previous departure) point is that whatever business at hand is somewhere closer to the Dallas side of the metroplex than Fort-Worth side. 

Edited by derpyhorndog

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Scoop:

EWERS.... A source close to the On3 2021 five-star says despite his scheduled trip to TCU today, it's a two-horse race between the Horns and Red Raiders. Source also mentioned Ewers wants to bring a few recruits with him from the 2022 cycle, and that might factor into his decision at the end of the day.

So it will be today! Awesome!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Scoop:

Upon hearing the news Quinn Ewers was in the portal, Steve Sarkisian immediately went to Southlake Carroll to visit with Ewers and his parents. The meeting lasted at least 3 hours. 

Texas Tech seems to have a lot of confidence. Meanwhile, Texas sources seem fairly confident as well. However, it would be a mistake to think Ewers will pick Texas simply because it makes sense on paper. It will need to make sense on the balance sheet as well. 

As hard as it is to believe, Tech’s confidence is founded from our perspective. They seemed to have the jump on this and have presented a coordinated front.

As of yesterday, someone on the Tech side told a trusted source they [Tech] were in the recruitment but had no formal agreement.

Back to UT optimism, our source mentioned it’s not likely they’d miss out over financial considerations.

There is literally no news or “scoop”. The facts verified by other sources are that Sark had an in home and Ewers was spotted in Lubbock. Saying Tech and UT are confident is just made up stuff to sound insider-y

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That’s because Love is closer to the best real estate.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Scoop:

I wonder if being able to flip Banks would help sweeten the pot?

This whole Tech thing really makes no sense at all. I just can’t fathom it. And I don’t even buy the whole NIL thing. 

Ewers will make a few bucks in college via NIL, but his real money is gonna come from the NFL if he is as good as advertised. 

Why on earth would he bet on Joey McGuire, who has done fuck all, and some 30year old OC, when there’s so many better proven options?

It’s like giving your retirement savings to your sister Berta’s nerdy college-aged son to manage because he had an internship in the mailroom at a Berkshire Hathaway satellite office two summers ago… instead of giving it to Warren Buffet to manage. 

I mean seriously, this kid is going to put his NFL future in Tech’s hands?

Just now, oh_snap said:

This whole Tech thing really makes no sense at all. I just can’t fathom it. And I don’t even buy the whole NIL thing. 

Ewers will make a few bucks in college via NIL, but his real money is gonna come from the NFL if he is as good as advertised. 

Why on earth would he bet on Joey McGuire, who has done fuck all, and some 30year old OC, when there’s so many better proven options?

It’s like giving your retirement savings to your sister Berta’s nerdy college-aged son to manage because he had an internship in the mailroom at a Berkshire Hathaway satellite office two summers ago… instead of giving it to Warren Buffet to manage. 

Counterpoint... if he's good he'll get to the NFL either place

If he's not or gets hurt would be better to get as many $$ in college as possible.

That said, I hope we educate him on newest player perk...

Episode 1 Money GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, oh_snap said:

These two can be tied to Patrick Mahomes. 30 year old OC has a tie to Mahomes. The only thing I can think is Mahomes got in his ear about checking out Tech. But yeah, I don't get it either as Mahomes was just the rare freak that overcame being the Tech QB. Same way Kingsbury is a success in the NFL while being god awful at Tech. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Thamel is the only one who knows anything it seems so I think Thamel will be the one who post the commitment announcement 

i agree.  and you know what else?  it'll be free.

then i expect a post from Nahlin:  "We knew this yesterday but we had to sit on it."

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Counterpoint... if he's good he'll get to the NFL either place

If he's not or gets hurt would be better to get as many $$ in college as possible.

That said, I hope we educate him on newest player perk...

Episode 1 Money GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Your NIL earnings in Lubbock are realistically limited to the handful of richest donors.  Your NIL earnings in Austin are potentially limitless.

9 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

All that sounds good to you and me,  but so far this kid and his advisor dad haven't made the best of decisions.

That's what I wonder about. 

Just now, mdmost said:

These two can be tied to Patrick Mahomes. 30 year old OC has a tie to Mahomes. The only thing I can think is Mahomes got in his ear about checking out Tech. But yeah, I don't get it either as Mahomes was just the rare freak that overcame being the Tech QB. Same way Kingsbury is a success in the NFL while being god awful at Tech. 

Mahomes can sell Quinn on going 4-8, 7-6, and 5-7 at Tech which is what Pat did when he started in 2014-2016

2 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Mahomes can sell Quinn on going 4-8, 7-6, and 5-7 at Tech which is what Pat did when he started in 2014-2016

True....also 10th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft after doing that. That's my point. His skill was so good to NFL scouts, they looked past him being a Texas Tech QB which are typically thought of as "system guy" QBs based on how pretty much all Tech QBs before him didn't amount to anything in the NFL. 

Edited by mdmost

5 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

All that sounds good to you and me,  but so far this kid and his advisor dad haven't made the best of decisions.

That's what I wonder about. 

Quinn traded in one season of high school ball (and zero seasons of eligibility) for a rumored seven-figure payout and six months with an elite collegiate strength and development program.  I'd argue they're playing the game at an elite level, which is why the Tech stuff makes no sense to me other than a negotiating ploy.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Quinn traded in one year of high school (and zero seasons of eligibility) for a rumored nine-figure payout and a year with an elite collegiate strength and development program.  I'd argue they're playing the game at an elite level, which is why the Tech stuff makes no sense to me other than a negotiating ploy.

9 figures?

Ferris Buellers Day Off Nine Times GIF

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Your NIL earnings in Lubbock are realistically limited to the handful of richest donors.  Your NIL earnings in Austin are potentially limitless.

Sure, but if Dusty Womble wants to pony up $5m upfront to Ewers... I'm not sure we match that.  He's the type that would do just that.

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Quinn traded in one season of high school ball (and zero seasons of eligibility) for a rumored seven-figure payout and six months with an elite collegiate strength and development program.  I'd argue they're playing the game at an elite level, which is why the Tech stuff makes no sense to me other than a negotiating ploy.

I'm talking about football.  

He was going to get money however he played it.  

If he goes to Tech the trend continues.  Having said that,  I believes he finally ends up at Texas.  

2 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

For the four degenerates interested in tracking plane movements for a single recruit, have an update.

Plane owned by Tech booster Sam Middleton. Long line of Tech grads, he's on the board of their equestrian center, very aggy-esque. Stuck out to me because the plane reported incorrect travel data to Flightaware (or the FAA log that Flightaware aggregates its data from) by omitting / not reporting a flight from Dallas (Love) to Lubbock on Saturday late morning -- can only see that flight if you use a tracker that relies on non-FAA data.

Now I'm seeing it left Lubbock this morning and will be touching down in Dallas in about 30 minutes.

In short, could be the plane that took Ewers to TTU and is taking him home now for the TCU visit later today. 

The TTU booster flew him in on a twin-turboprop? Rookie mistake...Burnt Orange House for Ewers. 

4 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

How can they have the jump on this when it was Sark who Netflix and chilled at Casa Ewers on Friday night?

Because he has a connection to Mahomes through a mutual trainer. Obviously Mahomes has been in his ear about going to Tech. Obviously Mahomes has connections at Tech, so those connections have been aware of the situation as soon as Mahomes was aware. That is how they (might) have coordinated and prepared this effort before everyone else knew about it.

Ewers probably idolizes Mahomes, and so he is thinking Tech might be cool to go to.

10 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

“Tech had the jump on this with a coordinated plan yadda yadda, blah blah.”

Huh? How can they have the jump on this when it was Sark who Netflix and chilled at Casa Ewers on Friday night? The line makes it read like Texas is playing catch-up when that doesn’t seem to be the case at all.

I guess if you believe the story that Texas didn't know Ewers was about to officially go into the portal. Somehow aggy did.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust