Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

Two nuggets

IT caught up with a high-profile recruit this weekend that spoke with near-certainty about Quinn Ewers ending up in Austin. That same recruit strongly believed that if Quinn Ewers did end up committing to Texas that Five Star+ WR Evan Stewart would end up following suit with a flip to Texas.

Most of the other recruits IT spoke to felt similarly, however a lot of the reasons given were those recruits discounting Texas Tech as a school and Lubbock as a city. Two factors that we know do not apply to Ewers with certainty. I mention this to highlight how unfortunately negative the perception will be amongst recruits if Texas does in fact lose this de facto head-to-head battle with the Red Raiders.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Listen you doofuses with terrible memories, that is the shirt and background of Sarkisian's zoom calls with media interviews when we announced we had hired him and while he was still prepping for the championship game.

https://www.kxan.com/sports/theres-championship-talent-on-this-team-steve-sarkisian-introduced-as-longhorns-head-coach/

I mean it’s clearly fake but what kind of loser remembers this?

• Haha 5

Two nuggets

IT caught up with a high-profile recruit this weekend that spoke with near-certainty about Quinn Ewers ending up in Austin. That same recruit strongly believed that if Quinn Ewers did end up committing to Texas that Five Star+ WR Evan Stewart would end up following suit with a flip to Texas.

Most of the other recruits IT spoke to felt similarly, however a lot of the reasons given were those recruits discounting Texas Tech as a school and Lubbock as a city. Two factors that we know do not apply to Ewers with certainty. I mention this to highlight how unfortunately negative the perception will be amongst recruits if Texas does in fact lose this de facto head-to-head battle with the Red Raiders.

Could read it 2 ways. High profile recruit spoke with Quinn and Quinn hinted at him going to Austin
Or. All the recruits think he’s going to Austin because how could he choose tech.

I have to think recruits would have a bit of the same WTF reaction as the rest of us. It’s not just about Texas at that point. He could go numerous locations and be within reasonable distance from DFW, but Texas fuckin Tech? It would be a weird situation at any point, but especially considering the new coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I have to think recruits would have a bit of the same WTF reaction as the rest of us. It’s not just about Texas at that point. He could go numerous locations and be within reasonable distance from DFW, but Texas fuckin Tech? It would be a weird situation at any point, but especially considering the new coaching staff.

Yeah, would fall under the "he really wasn't the right guy after all"

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Two nuggets

And what if the “high profile recruit” paraphrased in paragraph one was actually… Evan Stewart?

qTgPIhc8DaSTlHwduzqoOTdbqjrBPVvG05vYj5Jm

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

If I was Dodge I would wait for a better job. Also his Dad is probably telling him to be very careful with what college job you take. 

Well I presume he's interested in the tech gig. Otherwise, they would have less than 0 chance at Ewers and this would all be pointless bullshit.  Also, QB coach at Tech is probably a safer bet than North Texas HC. You're not really gonna get blamed for anything and if your QB is any good you're going to get credit.

Bobby:

The Quinn Ewers sweepstakes may very well come down to NIL.

But it may not, either. And I think people who feel it is *only* about NIL are thinking way too linearly.

With Ewers, large sums of NIL possibilities are going to be there regardless of who he chooses. Both Texas and Texas Tech will have ample opportunities for him to capitalize on.

Could Texas have more and a greater variety of opportunities? Sure.

But that’s not the point. The point is the dollar figures might end up reasonably the same.

So then the question comes down to what program is the best fit?

Ewers grew up a Texas fan. Sark is the most proven QB developer in college football. And the Longhorns, as a program, certainly carry more heft in name and brand recognition than the Red Raiders or TCU.

Texas also has the capacity to recruit at a higher level than Tech ever will, and that’s something that Ewers hopes to help accomplish. Lubbock is far away from recruiting hotbeds of Dallas and Houston, and is not exactly considered a garden spot, either.

Yet recruiting is always a very personal, one-on-one, dynamic.

Did Sark’s meeting with Ewers go well on Friday? Is Ewers’ relationship with Pat Mahomes or others pushing Texas Tech?

I can’t read his mind, or the minds of his parents. No one can.

But for any of us to just automatically think this is all about NIL would be naive.

Sark is a great QB developer. Any amount of money that Ewers picks up in NIL as a college player would be dwarfed by what would be paid if he were a first round NFL pick.

Who can put him in the best position to achieve that, while still cashing in on NIL?

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby:

But it may not, either. 

Thanks, Bobby. Incredible stuff.

In other news, I have a hard time seeing this dragging out more than another day or two (and hope to God that instinct is right for my own sanity / productivity this week). Clock is indeed ticking if he wants to make any NSD1 impact that's now, what, 9 days out? Might as well call it a five-day window at this point practically speaking.

One thing is for sure, the 9.95'ers are loving this windfall and are going to milk it for all it's worth (also 9.95). 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

But that’s not the point. The point is the dollar figures might end up reasonably the same.

For a guy like Ewers, absolutely. Where Texas can separate itself regarding NIL is the difference in dollar figures for everyone else. So if Ewers wants to bring along his friends, Texas NIL offers far more earning potential for them.

Just now, Bob Lives! said:

If Riley Dodge wants a new job, he can have his dad’s job at the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question is this:

If Todd is retiring after this season to be a grandpa and spend time with the grandchildren what is the move? Is Todd moving back to Southlake or is Riley moving down here?

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

My question is this:

If Todd is retiring after this season to be a grandpa and spend time with the grandchildren what is the move? Is Todd moving back to Southlake or is Riley moving down here?

One of you creepy (yet sleuth-y) MF’s go get the latter’s address in SLake. I’ve got small errands to run, I’ll swing by and see if there’s any sign of his relocating…

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby:

But it may not, either. And I think people who feel it is *only* about NIL are thinking way too linearly.

With Ewers, large sums of NIL possibilities are going to be there regardless of who he chooses. Both Texas and Texas Tech will have ample opportunities for him to capitalize on.

Could Texas have more and a greater variety of opportunities? Sure.

So then the question comes down to what program is the best fit?

Ewers grew up a Texas fan. Sark is the most proven QB developer in college football. And the Longhorns, as a program, certainly carry more heft in name and brand recognition than the Red Raiders or TCU.

Texas also has the capacity to recruit at a higher level than Tech ever will, and that’s something that Ewers hopes to help accomplish. Lubbock is far away from recruiting hotbeds of Dallas and Houston, and is not exactly considered a garden spot, either.

Yet recruiting is always a very personal, one-on-one, dynamic.

Did Sark’s meeting with Ewers go well on Friday? Is Ewers’ relationship with Pat Mahomes or others pushing Texas Tech?

I can’t read his mind, or the minds of his parents. No one can.

But for any of us to just automatically think this is all about NIL would be naive.

Sark is a great QB developer. Any amount of money that Ewers picks up in NIL as a college player would be dwarfed by what would be paid if he were a first round NFL pick.

Who can put him in the best position to achieve that, while still cashing in on NIL?

You got to hand it to the Ewers camp they are locked down tight and no one knows anything. Nothing but opinion pieces being written by the 9.95ers.

So since I have as much info as everyone else on the board or these sites my opinion is that Ewers is out there listening to NIL ideas that each of these programs are putting together. NIL is so new to college football that getting insight on approaches may make it worth the visits.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

You got to hand it to the Ewers camp they are locked down tight and no one knows anything. Nothing but opinion pieces being written by the 9.95ers.

So since I have as much info as everyone else on the board or these sites my opinion is that Ewers is out there listening to NIL ideas that each of these programs are putting together. NIL is so new to college football that getting insight on approaches may make it worth the visits.

Thamel is the only one who knows anything it seems so I think Thamel will be the one who post the commitment announcement 

• Hook 'Em 1

My question is this:

I recently heard on The Horn that Todd is moving to Horseshoe Bay. The Riley move to Westlake would seem much more possible if that’s true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Aslan24 said:

I'm super new to the 9.95ers, but it seems like a great gig. Would any of you guys like to pay me to say things like "I may not know anything for certain, but I also don't know anything newsworthy."

I've thought that about talking heads on football shows as well. Aside from Lee Corso, no one really remembers what they predict. Just shoot from the hip, be confident and charismatic, and rake in cash. Accuracy means nothing. 

6 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I've thought that about talking heads on football shows as well. Aside from Lee Corso, no one really remembers what they predict. Just shoot from the hip, be confident and charismatic, and rake in cash. Accuracy means nothing. 

I used to watch the ESPN NFL pregame show till about 2003 then stopped when I realized even Parcels could not rescue the Cowboys from Jerry. This year I started watching ESPN Getup and what I have noticed is that now it it is all about overreaction. Win one week and you are the best ever then lose the next and you have no chance.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I used to watch the ESPN NFL pregame show till about 2003 then stopped when I realized even Parcels could not rescue the Cowboys from Jerry. This year I started watching ESPN Getup and what I have noticed is that now it it is all about overreaction. Win one week and you are the best ever then lose the next and you have no chance.

Agreed. It is THE worst. Hell, all of them are just bad, bad television. I call it the “Stephen A Smith” effect. Shoot me…ugh 

For the four degenerates interested in tracking plane movements for a single recruit, have an update.

Plane owned by Tech booster Sam Middleton. Long line of Tech grads, he's on the board of their equestrian center, very aggy-esque. Stuck out to me because the plane reported incorrect travel data to Flightaware (or the FAA log that Flightaware aggregates its data from) by omitting / not reporting a flight from Dallas (Love) to Lubbock on Saturday late morning -- can only see that flight if you use a tracker that relies on non-FAA data.

Now I'm seeing it left Lubbock this morning and will be touching down in Dallas in about 30 minutes.

In short, could be the plane that took Ewers to TTU and is taking him home now for the TCU visit later today. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

by omitting / not reporting a flight from Dallas (Love) to Lubbock on Saturday late morning --

A) Thanks for this info!

2) Check to see if the same plane was reported to land/take off from AFW in north FtW.  Alliance is a helluva lot closer to SL than Luv.

8 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

For the four degenerates interested in tracking plane movements for a single recruit, have an update.

Plane owned by Tech booster Sam Middleton. Long line of Tech grads, he's on the board of their equestrian center, very aggy-esque. Stuck out to me because the plane reported incorrect travel data to Flightaware (or the FAA log that Flightaware aggregates its data from) by omitting / not reporting a flight from Dallas (Love) to Lubbock on Saturday late morning -- can only see that flight if you use a tracker that relies on non-FAA data.

Now I'm seeing it left Lubbock this morning and will be touching down in Dallas in about 30 minutes.

In short, could be the plane that took Ewers to TTU and is taking him home now for the TCU visit later today. 

The 247 tweet said that he landed in Lubbock on Sunday, could be inaccurate but I choose to believe he didn’t spend 2 nights in Lubbock 

Edited by Truck Norris

8 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Derpy and flightware wizardry.. .we have reached peak off-season and it is early December. God have mercy on our souls..

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

My question is this:

Todd to Southlake,  or that area makes more sense. 

Lot of family stuff there in Southlake with Riley's wife.

Edited by Laga4

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Quinn Ewers did end up committing to Texas that Five Star+ WR Evan Stewart would end up following suit with a flip to Texas.

I've always believed that Stewart would have been a horn if we had a big time QB commit in the class. I didn't think it was all about Aggy dropping more bags than us.

4 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Alliance, Meacham, or even Denton are more convenient to SLC than Love

Agreed, would add DFW as it's the closest to SL. This plane definitely left from Love though. So take FWIW, and can certainly dismiss based on that, though we're only talking a matter of ~20 mins between DFW and Love. And this has been only plane I've seen with this sort of LBK --> Dallas round trips in that last couple days that I could tie to Tech.

9 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Derpy and flightware wizardry.. .we have reached peak off-season and it is early December. God have mercy on our souls..

I'm like Michael Buble and Mariah Carey, hibernate for 11 months of the year and emerge to see whether there are offseason shenanigans to jump into. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust