Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

2 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

So has anyone verified if any of the armed white guys in the crowd fired their weapons?  I saw a lot more armed people around Kyle in the video. It would be really surprising if only Kyle decided to shoot, and everyone else just backed off after all the antagonization on both sides leading up to the shooting. Did no one try to help him while he was "under attack"? Just asking questions...

You now how when you were a kid, like say 6th grade, and you snagged one of your dad's Hustlers, and you were showing it to a group of other kids on the edge of the playground at recess, and you have posted lookouts, and you have a plan that if you are caught, somebody will grab the magazine and make it disappear, and so then you start trying to figure out why some of the nice ladies had hair down there and some didn't, and all of the sudden, and you still aren't sure how it happened over 35 years later, the principal materializes next to you and snatches the magazine out of your hand, and in the blink of an eye all of the other boys that were surrounding you have somehow vanished just as quickly as the principal materialized?  And how you had to walk hundreds of feet back to the school, with the principal holding your arm like he had a fucking vise for a hand.    And you do the walk of shame past everybody you know, and you end up in the principal's office.  And you get paddled, and you are the only one that gets paddled, and your dad is called, because the principal is like that - he knows better than to call you mom.  And when you get home, your dad is waiting, which is odd, because normally he doesn't get off work for a few more hours, and he takes the belt to you, and then vows that you better never ever mention it to your mom or you will see God.  And and when your mom gets home, she's confused by your dad being home, and she notices you are walking funny, and he says that you fell off the monkey bars on your ass, so the nurse called and he dropped by the school to pick you up.  And the next day, the other kids act like they don't know you, and have no idea what you are talking about when you bitch out the kids who were supposed to be lookouts and the kid who was the fastest runner, designated to make the magazine disappear if an adult showed up.

I mean, that's just a hypothetical situation, but I'm just trying to illustrate small dick energy - plenty of people want to look at that Hustler, but if shit goes down, you can't count on them.  Same with Stay-puft Jr.

16 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

In a pure aspect he had just as much right to be there, in fact, it could be argued moreso as the others had clear specific illegal intention.

The authorities say otherwise - he, and everybody else there, was defying the curfew by almost 4 hours.   I think we all understand that unless you meet very specific requirements, a curfew is not optional, and Stay-puft did not meet those requirements.  In fact, he was a minor.

Come on man...

You say this last part and simply skip past the part and reality that the people shot were aggressors. That the people shot were part of a mob that was rioting and looting. Skip the part about them attacking the person.

If he walks around with only his medical bag helping people, he might or might not get into a heated discussion or get yelled at or get in an argument, but as long as he keeps the stuff he supports on social media on the down-low, chances are people aren't going to fuck with him.  Based on what we've seen, the cops are more likely to fuck with the medical folks than the other rioters.

But open-carrying a rifle into a volatile situation means that he is skipping several levels of escalation if he gets into an argument with somebody, and is reducing the chances of a de-escalation, because the dynamics between two unarmed people from different sides talking/debating/arguing is vastly different compared to if one of the people are armed.    People get on edge, and they get really antsy, because the power equilibrium is way off.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 4:12 PM, BrickTop said:

I should also say, I’m a Firefighter and used to hate cops because I was a Shithead adolescent and young adult, I still see the racists and the power hungry on the streets today, but they are in the minority and they’re surrounded by some pretty good people.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

It is largely an off shoot of the cloak room. 

Hell, this entire sub has become an offshoot of the cloak room.

People have selected their tribe or team and fuck facts and discussion.

It's extremely disappointing. Murica hell yeah.

Well the facts are, a couple of idiots did idiotic things and we all mostly agree on that. It’s the assigning of motives and victim blaming that are causing the problems. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So two girls start fighting, and Stay-Puft jr starts punching one from behind?
But I was told he was an upstanding citizen, a choir boy, who washed graffiti off of walls, helped little old ladies across the street, always put his mom's shopping cart back in the shopping cart return, instead of leaving it loose in the parking lot.

shooting unarmed civilians and beating women - I can see why he was so beloved by the Kenosha PD. fuck this little twat.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I agree with the assigning of motives, but I do not agree that there are victims legally.

The first guy I wouldn’t classify as a “victim” so much.  The 2nd and third were shot while trying to apprehend or disarm a person who had just shot someone.  No different than someone bum rushing a school shooter and getting plugged, at least in that moment.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

They did so because the mob instructed them to do so. They had zero awareness of what actually occured as far as we know.

Equating a person who just defended themselves to a school shooter and assigning nobility of saviors on to two people of a rioting mob defending a school is a BIG fucking logical leap man.

You continually referring to the crowd as a “rioting mob” is quite a logical leap.  I saw protesters out after curfew in those videos.   I didn’t see a rioting mob.  They weren’t burning and looting anything in the videos I saw, in that particular place.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

They did so because the mob instructed them to do so. They had zero awareness of what actually occured as far as we know.

Equating a person who just defended themselves to a school shooter and assigning nobility of saviors on to two people of a rioting mob defending a school is a BIG fucking logical leap man.

You don't travel from out of state with a gun to a protest because you have good intentions. Just stop.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

You continually referring to the crowd as a “rioting mob” is quite a logical leap.  I saw protesters out after curfew in those videos.   I didn’t see a rioting mob.  They weren’t burning and looting anything in the videos I saw, in that particular place.

Well his Twitter feed and FB page told him it was a mob, and Carlson said so last night too. So you'll need to disprove his unsupported assertion before he'll consider that the underage minor crossing state lines with a long rifle shouldn't have gone to the protest 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

It's easy to wave your hand at dead folks when you're using language that helps you not think of them as humans.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Dumb question, is it true that this shooting was all white on white violence?

yes.  the shooter hated white people and will be charged with race crimes.  beckys will riot and loot Anthropology, Cinnabun, and Cold Stone Creameries in retaliation

Edited by 52-80

On Sheridan Road between 59th and 63rd streets, the scene of Tuesday's violence, where militia were seen and where Rittenhouse was accused of shooting demonstrators, all appears normal.

But a message painted on the side of a building stands out. It reads: "Blind Disabled 2d Floor."

Imagine having to paint that on your home.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5670494002

8 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Better smear the victims as much as possible, definitely no political motivation there. Definitely no politically charged generalizations happening here. Nope, just defending the nice kid who was voted most likely to shoot up the school by his classmates.

Both shootings look justified. The backgrounds of all of them don’t matter.

Assuming the only reason he’s even facing charges is politics

Edited by StruggleBus
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, StruggleBus said:

Assuming the only reason he’s even facing charges is over political.

It's outrageous that someone would use a protest as an excuse to go shoot somebody, but are we really surprised? Step 1, villianize group of people. Step 2, antagonize and shoot those people. Step 3, refer your audience to step one, and say they are villians who deserved to get shot.

It's almost as if he learned it by watching the behavior of those he idolized.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's outrageous that someone would use a protest as an excuse to go shoot somebody, but are we really surprised? Step 1, villianize group of people. Step 2, antagonize and shoot those people. Step 3, refer your audience to step one, and say they are villians who deserved to get shot.

It's almost as if he learned it by watching the behavior of those he idolized.

The American Sniper would like a word.

8 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Retard alert 

When a right wing agitator breaks the law, it’s always that they they’re being charged for breaking the law bc “politics” 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

When someone sets something on fire or hurls a projectile at someone, entire movement evil.

The looting and assaults are justified.   Those who oppose it are fascists.

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

Do you actually care about helping victims who have been needlessly looted and assaulted, via volunteer work or some type of legislation, or do you only care about it to the extent that you can score a political touchdown and dance a little jig? Will you donate to help those who can't find any rebuild?

Edited by Pam Cummings

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

When a cop shoots someone they shouldn't have, bad apples etc etc. When someone sets something on fire or hurls a projectile at someone, entire movement evil.

That’s what makes me so depressed. What started as a beautiful well-overdue movement has devolved into nightly riots for the last three months. Now people are getting killed and seriously harmed. 

I am not saying protestors and rioters are all the same people. Not at all. 

I am saying those who are participating in the riots (whether they are Trump supporters or the complete opposite) are all assholes. Period. They are ALL assholes.

I don’t care who they are. If they are simply there to cause destruction or to harm anyone they are an assholes. If they are there to provoke more violence or cause more destruction they are assholes. 

I stand with those who want equality and social justice. I do not stand with anyone participating in the riots the last three months. 

A well-meaning amazing movement for equality and social justice has devolved nightly Into riots. And other people going to riots with the intent to start more shit. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, slorch said:

Not a single person here is trying to it justifying looting as ok. Your warped feeble brain hears that on tv and assumes it’s true. and then you throw out fascist bc it’s your new favorite insult, without even getting the irony bc Tech doesn’t teach such difficult concepts 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Here's the the thing.  Self-defense and other justifications for what would otherwise be a homicide offense are matters of fact that, generally speaking, ought to be proven in a court of law.

But the reality of the situation is that we can't try every case that deserves to be tried.  So, prosecutors have to make a choice about bringing a case against a person with a plausible self-defense or other justification (i.e. cops).

It would be nice, though, if that prosecutorial discretion were not indulged in favor of cops and against civilians at almost every turn.  Having to sit through a criminal trial is a punishment of its own, even if it leads to acquittal.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

You know it's really odd.

I could swear that some people that were defending a person carrying a carbine in the Austin incident are the same folks condemning a person carrying a carbine in the Kenosha incident.

One would think that those opposed to openly carrying and carbine rifle, like me, would be consistent on that issue.

Similarly, I am pretty sure there are people here who were against the person who defended himself with a pistol against a carbine in the Austin incident while defending the person with a pistol who attacked a person with a carbine rifle in Kenosha. 

It's so odd, I can't figure out why they would flip flop on such important political issues.

Of course, there are also freaks like me that found culpability in all parties in both incidents but I'm a weirdo who likes to victim blame apparently.

Fuck you and your consistent viewpoints

• Haha 1

you're not that unique tbh...some of us ranted after both incidents about how fucking RIDICULOUS all these gotdamn guns and shootouts in the middle of the fucking street are. some of 'us' think living in the wild west in 2020 is a massive regression of american civilization.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Do you actually care about helping victims who have been needlessly looted and assaulted, via volunteer work or some type of legislation, or do you only care about it to the extent that you can score a political touchdown and dance a little jig? Will you donate to help those who can't find any rebuild?

so if I haven't personally invested in Kenosha, Wisconsin, I have no say in what we should expect as a society?

LOlz.  fuck off with your selective justice/  You're defending the behavior of pieces of shit.

52 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

That’s what makes me so depressed. What started as a beautiful well-overdue movement has devolved into nightly riots for the last three months. Now people are getting killed and seriously harmed. 

I am not saying protestors and rioters are all the same people. Not at all. 

I am saying those who are participating in the riots (whether they are Trump supporters or the complete opposite) are all assholes. Period. They are ALL assholes.

I don’t care who they are. If they are simply there to cause destruction or to harm anyone they are an assholes. If they are there to provoke more violence or cause more destruction they are assholes. 

I stand with those who want equality and social justice. I do not stand with anyone participating in the riots the last three months. 

A well-meaning amazing movement for equality and social justice has devolved nightly Into riots. And other people going to riots with the intent to start more shit. 

You would have been on the wrong side of history during the civil rights movement. You're making the exact same argument that people opposed to the civil rights act and movement as a whole made. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

You would have been on the wrong side of history during the civil rights movement. You're making the exact same argument that people opposed to the civil rights act and movement as a whole made. 

Wrong.  Many of us support protests and demonstrations.  It's absolutely the right action towards civil change.

Looting and terrorism are fucking crimes.   In the big picture of things it's also dumb as fuck to destroy businesses when employment itself is one of the larger factors in social mobility... but what the fuck do I know?  

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

So because I think that rioters are ALL assholes I would have opposed the civil rights movement? I wouldn’t have proudly stood with a person of color for their rights?  I would have just tried to discourage them for seeking basic human rights? I would have stayed silent? I would have sat at home and just watch them risk their lives for basic human rights?

I’m one of “those” people? Gotcha! By the way your above post/argument is old and stale. It’s Almost like....a dog whistle? 

Apparently, I am also a drunk and mentally unstable fucktard as well. According to some posters and their comments responding to my posts on here. I struggle with sobriety all the time. I take all sorts of abuse for just being myself and posting my opinions. I don’t respond to them in kind in the same derogatory way but hey, that’s just me.

I don’t intentionally go out of my way to insult posters that disagree with me. I don’t take someone’s opinion about something and then try to attack the poster because I may not agree with them. I disagree with their stance.

I don’t make bullshit knee jerk assumptions about their character, beliefs or who they are as a poster. With the exception of one poster who has been nothing but a raging asshole to me since I joined. 

how about this, by your logic:

Anyone trying to justify the reasons behind  and continually explaining to us why the the riots are happening is just as culpable for any property damage and lives lost as a result as the people participating in them.

Any property damaged or lives lost is not only the fault of the rioters themselves but those egging them on from their homes. Those trying to explain why the rioters are so upset and their feelings so raw. How about that?

Does that make any more fucking sense than what you basically said about me? 

please continue to make assumptions about me and my character and my motivations. I certainly would not make any assumptions about your motivations or character. 

• Hook 'Em 3