Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

Ya see little bill wasn’t a huge ass pussy like right wing hero Kyle and his supporters. He didn’t need a gun to kick English Bob’s ass. He just needed him to comply with the local ordinance and surrender his firearms to the proper authorities when he crossed into big whiskey.

English Bob done FAFO when he told young Andy he didn’t have a gun. That’s how you handle guys like that. Our pussy ass Kyle supporters hiding behind the 2A can’t handle that. They need a gun to be tough. 

Edited by JimmyJames

Better that he be found not guilty and a subset of the population being scared that people might defend themselves with deadly force, than he be found guilty and have the verdict questioned due to the jury shenanigans and perceived pressure from potential riots.  The criminal justice system worked, we should be happy.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Situation A - Rittenhouse stays home that night and watches "Seinfeld" reruns.  He's not threatened in any way.  It's just like a person who feels like drinking a six pack at home.  As long as he doesn't jump into a car and endangering others, there's no problem and no one dies.

Situation B - Americans are concerned about dying from a horrible disease while some people feel like spreading disinformation about that deadly disease and the efficacy of the vaccine (the thing everyone has to have to go to public school or visit another country).  I'm not sad when people who said Covid was a "hoax" or "the flu" die from Covid.

I suggest you stop using the word "irony" until you understand its meaning.

The Simpsons Eating GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Better that he be found not guilty and a subset of the population being scared that people might defend themselves with deadly force, than he be found guilty and have the verdict questioned due to the jury shenanigans and perceived pressure from potential riots.  The criminal justice system worked, we should be happy.

What would be even better would be he be found not guilty and a subset of the population not turning this turd into some sort of hero and sticking him on Fox News and acting like they just won the super bowl. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Come on JJ you can't be this stupid. Kyle Rittenhouse didn't choose his attackers, they chose him.

The dead lived in the city where they were killed.

The killer did not live in the city where he killed the victims.

The killer traveled to the city where he killed the victims.

Please don't come back with some false equivalency to try to upend or disrupt these incontrovertible facts which can not be downed.

Everyone had agency here.

But only 1 dude had an AR.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

The killer traveled to the city where he killed the victims.

Please don't come back with some false equivalency to try to upend or disrupt these incontrovertible facts which can not be downed.

Everyone had agency here.

But only 1 dude had an AR.

And one dude had a pistol, which he testified that he pointed at the shooter before he was shot.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

What would be even better would be he be found not guilty and a subset of the population not turning this turd into some sort of hero and sticking him on Fox News and acting like they just won the super bowl. 

Agreed. Or people shitting their pants and acting like we’re about to have teenagers flooding the streets with rocket launchers aimed at people they don’t like. 

57 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I realize this is CR, but ... Rittenhouse's family lived in Kenosha, so it's not like he didn't have any connection to the are. And while not dead, the third guy - and myriad other rioters - came from out of town.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Don't forget Fox News briefly trying to push the narrative that America was going to break out into massive unrest across the nation.  After that failed to pan out, their top three stories on FoxNews.com are:

1. The gunshot at the Atlanta airport
  2. Hunter Biden and China (I shit you not)
  3. Woke universities trying to cancel Thanksgiving.

It's like they are sad that most Americans give no shit either way.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Don't forget Fox News briefly trying to push the narrative that America was going to break out into massive unrest across the nation.  After that failed to pan out, their top three stories on FoxNews.com are:

1. The gunshot at the Atlanta airport
  2. Hunter Biden and China (I shit you not)
  3. Woke universities trying to cancel Thanksgiving.

It's like they are sad that most Americans give no shit either way.

Sounds like you give a shit 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, immortal13 said:
10 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Come on JJ you can't be this stupid. Kyle Rittenhouse didn't choose his attackers, they chose him. 

He didn’t choose the skux life, the skux life chose him. 

That’s a fun reference to a good movie that you should watch. It’s great.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I realize this is CR, but ... Rittenhouse's family lived in Kenosha, so it's not like he didn't have any connection to the are. And while not dead, the third guy - and myriad other rioters - came from out of town.

It was not emphasized enough that there was a distinction made (at least in one local news interview I watched long before the trial was to begin) between the local protestors (regarding Jacob Blake) and the people causing destruction/vandalism. Many of the locals went home at curfew time. One of the daytime protestors they interviewed was a local activist and that was brought up during the interview. Lumping people  protesting into the same category as people burning and looting and then making the folks who left responsible for the actions of those who stayed creates an image of any protest as a riotous mob versus a civil right to freely assemble.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

You’re  probably not aware of it, but you’re making an argument for “militia” to protect their property.

I don't want to stray further from the topic, but a discussion regarding these "militias" likely needs to be had. For example, private companies can hire security firms to protect their property and although security officers do not have the same powers that police officers do, the militias are not the same thing, nor are they viewed the same--not by others, nor even by themselves.  I read a very interesting article (Texas Law Review I think it was) on 'carry' with respect to weapons and how various cases in the news create more questions than answers. Some gun owners who carry keep their weapon holstered but once the weapon is out, how others view the carrier changes.

No one talks much about how easy it can be for a loosely organized "militia" to become more organized, focused, and cross a line into essentially criminal activity much like a gang or mafia enforcers. That is the domestic terrorism that gets scoffed at by some, but citizens belonging to a militia plotted an attempt to kidnap and execute a state governor. All militias are not 'gangs,' but some are operating that way. DOJ definition:

Gangs are associations of three or more individuals who adopt a group identity in order to create an atmosphere of fear or intimidation.  Gangs are typically organized upon racial, ethnic, or political lines and employ common names, slogans, aliases, symbols, tattoos, style of clothing, hairstyles, hand signs or graffiti.

That definition goes on, so you can see how they differ from a law abiding group of citizens that also name themselves as a militia.

The association's primary purpose is to engage in criminal activity and the use of violence or intimidation to further its criminal objectives and enhance or preserve the association's power, reputation, or economic resources.  Gangs are also organized to provide common defense of its members and interests from rival criminal organizations or to exercise control over a particular location or region.

• Hook 'Em 5

34 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

If Floyd was able to break free of Chauvin before he was killed, after telling Chauvin he couldn't breathe, would he have been legally justified to kill Chauvin in self defense?

Depends on if he crossed state lines or not.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Sure, depends on the facts.  You know, the rule of law.

You already know the facts of how George Floyd was killed.  I'm marking you down as a "yes, it would have been legally justified for Floyd to have used lethal force against a police officer" being he was indisputably threatened with lethal force. 

• Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

If Floyd was able to break free of Chauvin before he was killed, after telling Chauvin he couldn't breathe, would he have been legally justified to kill Chauvin in self defense?

Legally justified or not if he did the other cops would’ve put 100 bullets in him. Because that’s America. White conservatives get rights, everyone else gets a bullet if they step out of line.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

You already know the facts of how George Floyd was killed.  I'm marking you down as a "yes, it would have been legally justified for Floyd to have used lethal force against a police officer" being he was indisputably threatened with lethal force. 

Depends on the facts.(ignoring any discrepancies between MN and WI self defense law. And any specific law enforcement related statutes)

As per Rittenhouse prosecutors, did he have a clear path to flee?

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Legally justified or not if he did the other cops would’ve put 100 bullets in him. Because that’s America. White conservatives get rights, everyone else gets a bullet if they step out of line.

Almost without a doubt would have been killed. He was killed anyway. Would have been killed in that scenario too. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Because that’s America. White conservatives get rights, everyone else gets a bullet if they step out of line.

This is quite literally one of the dumbest things I’ve seen posted in some time. And the last 10 pages of this thread have been pretty fucking dumb, so congrats.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't want to stray further from the topic, but a discussion regarding these "militias" likely needs to be had. For example, private companies can hire security firms to protect their property and although security officers do not have the same powers that police officers do, the militias are not the same thing, nor are they viewed the same--not by others, nor even by themselves.  I read a very interesting article (Texas Law Review I think it was) on 'carry' with respect to weapons and how various cases in the news create more questions than answers. Some gun owners who carry keep their weapon holstered but once the weapon is out, how others view the carrier changes.

No one talks much about how easy it can be for a loosely organized "militia" to become more organized, focused, and cross a line into essentially criminal activity much like a gang or mafia enforcers. That is the domestic terrorism that gets scoffed at by some, but citizens belonging to a militia plotted an attempt to kidnap and execute a state governor. All militias are not 'gangs,' but some are.

Best post in this  divisive  thread. 

Edited by washparkhorn
Damn good writing, Whiggins.

9 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Which isn’t the hypothetical you proposed.  Not sure what you think you have proven.

Floyd was indisputably threatened with and killed with lethal force. That's not hypothetical. That's the very reason the Rittenhouse defense used to justify his use of lethal force. 

30 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

This is quite literally one of the dumbest things I’ve seen posted in some time. And the last 10 pages of this thread have been pretty fucking dumb, so congrats.  

If you can’t see the double standard that is applied to whites versus blacks in this country with respect to criminal justice you cannot be helped until you finally wake up to that absolute fact. It’s ok I used to think like you do 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

As per Rittenhouse prosecutors, did he have a clear path to flee?

Yes which he clearly showed on video after he shot the first dude. Then he calls his friend to let him know he shot someone. Then after awhile he takes off with his assault rifle in ready position looking exactly like an active shooter. 

12 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

If you can’t see the double standard that is applied to whites versus blacks in this country with respect to criminal justice you cannot be helped until you finally wake up to that absolute fact. It’s ok I used to think like you do 

Of course we have some equality issues. That wasn’t what was posted, however. 

• Hook 'Em 1