Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

4 minutes ago, The Dog said:

LOL

This is the kind of stupid shit I expect from Colorado. I had forgotten what a regrettable shitpile that university and fanbase are until recently.

-They allowed a coach to keep coaching there after it was discovered that a female player on his team had been gang raped and he dismissed concern about it because she was "terrible player".

-Their fans are as fair weather as any team in country.

-They let Bill McCartney develop a carbon copy of Barry Switzer's criminal organization known as a football team.

-Neuheisel carried his legacy of cheating forward until he found greener pastures.

-They've been a parasite on every conference they've ever been in save for a 15 year stretch while recruiting criminals and flagrantly cheating.

-No one has paid any attention to their buffoonery as a third rate program since the early 00's.

Now they land the current biggest attraction in college football for a bit and they're acting like they've done a fucking thing in forever. Shut the fuck up and thank God you landed Deion for a bit. No one wants to hear a thing from the rest of you idiots.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

This is the kind of stupid shit I expect from Colorado. I had forgotten what a regrettable shitpile that university and fanbase are until recently.

-They allowed a coach to keep coaching there after it was discovered that a female player on his team had been gang raped and he dismissed concern about it because she was "terrible player".

-They let Bill McCartney develop a carbon copy of Barry Switzer's criminal organization known as a football team.

-Neuheisel carried his legacy of cheating forward until he found greener pastures.

-They've been a parasite on every conference they've ever been in save for a 15 year stretch while recruiting criminals and flagrantly cheating.

-No one has paid any attention to their buffoonery as a third rate program since the early 00's.

Now they land the current biggest attraction in college football for a bit and they're acting like they've done a fucking thing in forever. Shut the fuck up and thank God you landed Deion for a bit. No one wants to hear a thing from the rest of you idiots.

it's a twitter account that has 1155 followers as of this instant and whose most recent Xeet is

Travis Hunter is such a good person, it's truly unbelievable.

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

it's a twitter account that has 1155 followers as of this instant and whose most recent Xeet is

I don't give a fuck if they 1 follower. This is a sentiment creeping into media conversations and "CU fans" calling into shows. "Should Colorado and the Big 10 have a conversation?" Just stupid hawt take shit like that starting to seep in as bandwidth drain. It's fucking Colorado. A backwater of the CFB landscape for years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also bailed on the Big 12 right after aggy did I think.

Used to live in the area.  Some of the douchiest kids go there.  A lot of east and west coast kids that either love to party or couldn't get into the publics on either coast.  Buddy of mine owns a business there and he said CSU hires were far brighter than CU hires.  Antecdotal I know.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:45 AM, closetojumping said:

Deion was at FSU when I really started getting into CFB as a young kid. He was "Neon Deion" then. He was must see tv, same as now, and so was FSU. Then he went to the Falcons/49er's/Cowboys/Yankees/Reds/Braves, gave himself the nickname of "Prime Time" and took shit to a different level. 

IMO, he is the greatest CB of all time. Yeah, he didn't tackle, but the motherfucker took away half the field and the best WR on the other team, and then he scored points. He did it all with flare. He was an absolute pleasure to watch if you loved football. The shittalking and showboating was always there, but he lived up to it. You can't respect that? It always baffled me.

On 9/27/2023 at 7:24 AM, Texzilla58 said:

Deion was the GOAT of cornerbacks, all cornerbacks. He took away an entire side of the field unlike any before or since. 

Deion was the GOAT CB, as mentioned by others. With the ball in his hands, probably the most exciting player of all time.

The first time I saw Deion was a story before one of his FSU games, Neon Deion sitting in a convertible in his shades with all his bling. My first reaction, "Who is this pompous ass?" After watching the game, Holy F*ck, that guy is amazing, speed to burn. I saw Lam Jones, Curtis Dickey & Carl Lewis run in Memorial Stadium (before DKR); there's straight line speed and football speed, and Deion's speed on the field was the standard by which you calibrate the scale.

He is the definition of "talking the talk and walking the walk." Sorry, Duke.

Speed. Talent. Charisma. Style. Damn, he sure did that Star proud!!! Look at the faces behind him ...

image.thumb.png.2356e8532d09b98510f82974c5bd05ca.png

The ultimate compliment; I never really got into playing football video games, but I remember playing Sega? (maybe?) when Deion went to the Falcons.  Who ever picked the Falcons, won. Deion's video player was so much faster than everyone else, it wasn't fair, but it was funny as hell.

Deion blazed many a trail, his way, from college to the NFL to the present day, and he has the scars to show for it.

He energized a football program that was left for dead. He inspires his players. I'm good with that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

LOL

Awesome. All the little left behind Big 12 bitches cried about Texas and OU (and somehow aggy, who themselves bitched about it even though they got a bigger share) getting unequal revenue sharing all those years ago. This would go over well. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't give a fuck if they 1 follower. This is a sentiment creeping into media conversations and "CU fans" calling into shows. "Should Colorado and the Big 10 have a conversation?" Just stupid hawt take shit like that starting to seep in as bandwidth drain. It's fucking Colorado. A backwater of the CFB landscape for years. 

As a proud graduate of a University that very recently was "a backwater of the CFB landscape for years", I won't hold that against them. Lived there in the early 90's, when Colorado Football was good, and it was fun. Slick Rick had is going, until he screwed it up. Saw Ricky in '96. Watched Colorado unplug "'Lectric Leland" and aggy in '95, and lived through Rashaan Salaam's '94 Heisman run. 

29 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Also bailed on the Big 12 right after aggy did I think.

Used to live in the area.  Some of the douchiest kids go there.  A lot of east and west coast kids that either love to party or couldn't get into the publics on either coast.  Buddy of mine owns a business there and he said CSU hires were far brighter than CU hires.  Antecdotal I know.

Colorado is full of "Trust Fund" babies, Colorado State is for serious kids that have to work. Not absolutes, both kinds of kids at both places.

I could give a shit about Nebraska, Missouri and aggy leaving the B12, but I always liked Colorado.   Perfect setting for college football. If I had been to Boulder before my teens or early 20's, I never would have left.  Moved there in '93, w/ a 6 handicap and skiing double black diamonds. Boulder & Austin were probably very similar in the 60's & 70's. Boulder is still the same. Austin is in the midst of a 50 year gang rape by developers.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

You know that's not the official CU account, right?  It's just some idiot fans opinion.  But by all means, proceed on your diatribe.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, slorch said:

You mean dawg-whistle, right?

The renaming the Captain positions in the CU program is but one symptom that lends itself to the criticism. Don't try to urban/ ghetto shit up and then claim it's mainstream.  Again, 'tis but one symptom.  Is it hurting anything?  Probably not.  Is it dumb as hell?  Absolutely.

Oh, slorch.  Never stop slorching.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

When I watched Deion as a kid, he never looked like he was running that fast.   His stride was smooth.  A guy I know was a minor leaguer for the Reds.  Said some guy challenged Deion to a race in camp and got smoked.  

Deion was fast to fast guys, thats what i always noticed.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Awesome. All the little left behind Big 12 bitches cried about Texas and OU (and somehow aggy, who themselves bitched about it even though they got a bigger share) getting unequal revenue sharing all those years ago. This would go over well. 

So it's taking the b12 what, 6 new teams to try to make up for Texas and ousux leaving?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

One of my friend's son plays for USC. She's going to the game so I'll report her experiences from the mean streets of Boulder. 

Very confusing sentence structure you have there, might i suggest:

"I have a friend going to the game, her son plays for USC. Ill report back her experiences from the mean streets of Boulder". 

As an aside, we'd really rather just have pictures.

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Very confusing sentence structure you have there, might i suggest:

"I have a friend going to the game, her son plays for USC. Ill report back her experiences from the mean streets of Boulder". 

As an aside, we'd really rather just have pictures.

Haha. No pics.

• Hook 'Em 1

The problem this weekend is though USC's defense isn't the best, They DO have a pass rush. They have more sacks than we do, though some of that should be expected since they cause teams to throw it because they jump out to a lead. They have 16 sacks to our 13 and 41 TFLs to our 27. Braylan Shelby, you know the guy people seemed worried about on the recruiting thread, has 5 tackles, 2 TFLs, and a strip sack as a true freshman. Colorado, who cannot naturally run the ball, is going to have to get the ball out lightning quick to have any chance at making this competitive.

Think they can score enough to beat USC? F

For some reason, I think they win this one.
There's a >50% chance this week looks similar to last week.  And the Prime haters will crow about how terrible he is if that happens.  If they win 6 games and get to a bowl, this season is a smashing success, though.  And Oregon and USC are the two toughest games on the schedule.  They don't play Washington this year.
They will play Washington in the conference championship game :-)
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

Think they can score enough to beat USC? F

For some reason, I think they win this one.They will play Washington in the conference championship game 🙂

You are going to need a Herculean effort from that O-line, and a lot of stuff to go right for them in order to be on the right side of this one. I just don't see it. People need to remember that not everyone in the portal is good. Some are trash that couldn't get run anywhere else. We know that as we had a couple around here. CU got some dudes from the portal but they also got some average players who, as you saw last week, were pretty overwhelmed in the trenches. It can be done but S Sanders is going to have to go 500+ with no turnovers and 5 TDs to be in the mix.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You are going to need a Herculean effort from that O-line, and a lot of stuff to go right for them in order to be on the right side of this one. I just don't see it. People need to remember that not everyone in the portal is good. Some are trash that couldn't get run anywhere else. We know that as we had a couple around here. CU got some dudes from the portal but they also got some average players who, as you saw last week, were pretty overwhelmed in the trenches. It can be done but S Sanders is going to have to go 500+ with no turnovers and 5 TDs to be in the mix.

I don't think they will win, but they're still playing against a Lincoln Riley defense. I could see this game being 52-70 with one or zero punts. Definitely feels like the over is the way to go. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

There are plenty of fools over on Reddit with the same thoughts though.

He's a moron who never reads the thread. It's like he just quickly scans for posts that he wants to react to and ignores the larger discussion. As I said, it's happening on the radio, in articles and on TV along with the mouthbreathers in the forums doing it. "heeerrrrrrrrpppppp deeeeerrrrrrpppp, Colorado should join the Big 10/show the Big 12 who's boss/get more money/land the #1 recruiting class in the country!!!" 

21 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

There are plenty of fools over on Reddit with the same thoughts though.

There are plenty of folks who think the earth is flat and that vaccines are going to kill them.  Doesn't make them right.

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He's a moron who never reads the thread. It's like he just quickly scans for posts that he wants to react to and ignores the larger discussion. As I said, it's happening on the radio, in articles and on TV along with the mouthbreathers in the forums doing it. "heeerrrrrrrrpppppp deeeeerrrrrrpppp, Colorado should join the Big 10/show the Big 12 who's boss/get more money/land the #1 recruiting class in the country!!!" 

Moron?  I'm not the one about to lose a grand on the Buffs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

There are plenty of folks who think the earth is flat and that vaccines are going to kill them.  Doesn't make them right.

Moron?  I'm not the one about to lose a grand on the Buffs.

If betting outcomes were a sign of intelligence the world would be in serious trouble. I've seen enough of your posts. I'm comfortable with the label.

Edited by closetojumping

7 hours ago, slorch said:

You mean dawg-whistle, right?

The renaming the Captain positions in the CU program is but one symptom that lends itself to the criticism. Don't try to urban/ ghetto shit up and then claim it's mainstream.  Again, 'tis but one symptom.  Is it hurting anything?  Probably not.  Is it dumb as hell?  Absolutely.

7 hours ago, slorch said:

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Yes.  Super high level discovery there in the CU football program.

Keepin it real like it was back on the block.

Hint: we made fun of this behavior big time in the military too, because it’s dumb.  College isn’t for keeping things comfortable, is it?

@Hermanator

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I don't think they will win, but they're still playing against a Lincoln Riley defense. I could see this game being 52-70 with one or zero punts. Definitely feels like the over is the way to go. 

I don't know. Riley teams usually do well vs the ones they are clearly better than. It's when they come up against a team of somewhat equal talent where they fold. I see them rolling over for one of the other big dogs in the conference. CU, as currently constructed, is just a try hard.

1 minute ago, cmontexas said:

If you can't appreciate the remainder of the Big 12 being annoyed by a nobody like Colorado coming in and immediately trying to swing its dick around then I don't know what to tell you. The troll of my enemy...

This is how I see it. CU is the puppy trying to hump the entire conference. Fake it til you make it. Establish dominance lol.

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Good to know.  Should we compare SAT scores now?  Maybe college transcripts?

Calling you a moron has touched your insecurities to the level that you want to compare academic scores and such? That's a bizarre turn. If you really think you're going to win an intelligence contest or something, that feels like new terrain on the boards for me. But, hey, let's see where it can go. DM me all of your academic bonafides and I'll review. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Calling you a moron has touched your insecurities to the level that you want to compare academic scores and such? That's a bizarre turn. If you really think you're going to win an intelligence contest or something, that feels like new terrain on the boards for me. But, hey, let's see where it can go. DM me all of your academic bonafides and I'll review. 

I would have said brokerage statements, but I didn't want to embarass you.

13 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I would have said brokerage statements, but I didn't want to embarass you.

The problem with this kind of dick measuring silliness is that we don’t actually know each other. If you’re going to flop out and declare that you have more money than someone else on the Internet, one, you better be right and two, what the fuck are you doing? That’s some immature, insecure shit right there. 

My conclusion that you are a moron has been confirmed. Just don’t show me your nursing paystub or your corvette. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The problem with this kind of dick measuring silliness is that we don’t actually know each other. If you’re going to flop out and declare that you have more money than someone else on the Internet, one, you better be right and two, what the fuck are you doing? That’s some immature, insecure shit right there. 

My conclusion that you are a moron has been confirmed. Just don’t show me your nursing paystub or your corvette. 

I'm not gonna show you anything, idiot.  I'm being an asshole.  Just like you are.  Welcome to the internet.

33 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm not gonna show you anything, idiot.  I'm being an asshole.  Just like you are.  Welcome to the internet.

Just put ctj on ignore. I did it and it so much better until somebody quotes him, and I end up reading another one of his off the wall rants.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

About to start.

It's a home game against a team with no D. After getting your butt whipped last week. Stranger things have happened.

Have you considered the possibility that they got whipped not because they played below their ability but rather because they're not very good? Or not very good yet if you prefer the optimistic outlook. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

CTJ is the spawn of "I know a guy" guy and "smartest guy in the room" guy. He likes to tell us how he is mixing it up with all the big wigs in the Texas program and then come in here swinging his dick around with eloquently composed insults. I like his shtick. It keeps the board colorful. He generally isn't a sore loser when he is wrong, which is often. However, sometimes you gotta know when to move on from the back and forth with him Chewy. Throw your jabs and get out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Have you considered the possibility that they got whipped not because they played below their ability but rather because they're not very good? Or not very good yet if you prefer the optimistic outlook. 

Oh, they are not very good. It's why I didn't get excited about the first 3 wins or start making ridiculous predictions. 

Deion is not the most humble person, and he got embarrassed last week. So he might be able to whip them up for this game. 2 ass-kickings in a row is not a good look, I don't care who you are or what happened last year.

Plus it's USC, Lincoln and Caleb, what's not to hate?