Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

That’s a dumb rule.  This is football. You should be able to cut a blockers legs.  How else are you supposed to defense the counter.  Fucking bullshit.  

you can tell Campbell is beyond frustrated  because he knows there’s no other way to beat that play. And he’s taught that because they do it against OUs counter. 

Edited by ClubWhatever

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That’s a dumb rule.  This is football. You should be able to cut a blockers legs.  How else are you supposed to defense the counter.  Fucking bullshit.  

you can tell Campbell is beyond frustrated  because he knows there’s no other way to beat that play. And he’s taught that because they do it against OUs counter. 

He didn't even touch the guys legs. It wasn't even close to a low block

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

And the defender went SHOULDER TO SHOULDER with the OLman.  By definition, if your shoulders touch, it CANNOT be a block below the waist.

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

LOL....they are not even trying to hide it.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Holy fuck who just saw that call?????

4 minutes ago, blacklab said:

surprise - ISU fucked again on an awful illegal block call

4 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This is absolutely fixed. Unbelievable. Fuck these refs

I’m flabbergasted. I’m not one to bitch about refs, even when they disproportionately fuck the Horns (OSU years ago and Bama were the worst I’d ever seen that definitely cost us both games).  But never seen a group of officials - not a single crew but the whole conference - be as consistently bad as this conference. It’s an embarrassment and doesn’t get enough national attention. 

8 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Ok that ISU defensive block below waist gotta be worst call I have ever seen, ever..

Credit Campbell calling timeout just to let refs have it.

It’s bad. The only thing close to the non-safety call which is the worst I’ve ever seen. 

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Apparently the smaller player is just supposed to allow himself to get pancaked, letting the giant blocker move on to the next level. Fucking dipshitted rule is what it is.

I would say I feel bad for ISU, but at this point its time to accept that this is Big 12 football and this is the world they want to be in. Maybe im heartless at this point, but after all of the bullshit that every team gets away against Texas, it is somewhat refreshing to see another program getting blatantly jobbed on a national broadcast.

At some point, the outcry from the other fan bases, that aren't Texas, may force them to fix the officiating. They won't listen to the outcry from Texas, but maybe they will listen to the mighty ISU fanbase... Yeah, your fucked. Get used to the slanted officiating for as long as the Big 12 is still alive. Maybe people should have pressured the Big 12 when it was happening to Texas instead of snickering and saying we deserved it..

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, UTEX90 said:

Obviously neither of you saw the defensive holding call on a defensive lineman on the run play during the OSU game.

The OSU game was it's own animal.  Bama game was bad but there were about 10 calls/no calls in that OSU game, combined with the official bumping Charlie and flagging him 15, that made it beyond obvious it was intentional.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I would say I feel bad for ISU, but at this point its time to accept that this is Big 12 football and this is the world they want to be in. Maybe im heartless at this point, but after all of the bullshit that every team gets away against Texas, it is somewhat refreshing to see another program getting blatantly jobbed on a national broadcast.

At some point, the outcry from the other fan bases, that aren't Texas, may force them to fix the officiating. They won't listen to the outcry from Texas, but maybe they will listen to the mighty ISU fanbase... Yeah, your fucked. Get used to the slanted officiating for as long as the Big 12 is still alive. Maybe people should have pressured the Big 12 when it was happening to Texas instead of snickering and saying we deserved it..

I had the same initial thought, but when it’s Texas versus the #1 team in the country from OOC, and it’s that egregious, nobody was snickering. I do agree that the more teams this happens to, the faster real change could occur. 

2 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Obviously neither of you saw the defensive holding call on a defensive lineman on the run play during the OSU game.

I’m pretty sure that was the same game on the OSU repeated blocked attempted XPs, and I referenced it. The safety and the non-call on JT Sanders combined, with a much better team going against the best, were worse. The worst ever. Only thing that can rival it was CU’s 5th down, which the Big 8 got roasted for. 

I’m pretty sure when the Big XII was formed, it was the best football conference through 2005, by far, and combined that with officiating crews from the worst officiating conferences. 

A big part of the issue is that these refs are being asked to call things that are too hard to judge with the naked eye.  Targeting is the prime example.  And I get that the replay fucks it up.  But you can’t get that right real time half the time.  Same with that bullshit low block call.  These refs are just reacting to what seems to be happening but not what is actually happening because they can’t tell the difference in real time.  Fuck it.  Review everything and let every play be referreed by crowdsourcing with viewer apps.  Not sure what the solution is other than start firing guy.  But the new guys will suck too in the same situation.  

Well shit, now the PAC10 refs are going to take this a challenge to keep their place at the top of the crappy officiating heap. I don’t know how much better B1G officials are, but thank God we’re getting away from those ass-clown zebras.

Yeah there is a definite stench of game fixing going on, at least the PAC refs are just stupid… these Big12 refs have some action going on somewhere

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

A big part of the issue is that these refs are being asked to call things that are too hard to judge with the naked eye.  Targeting is the prime example.  And I get that the replay fucks it up.  But you can’t get that right real time half the time.  Same with that bullshit low block call.  These refs are just reacting to what seems to be happening but not what is actually happening because they can’t tell the difference in real time.  Fuck it.  Review everything and let every play be referreed by crowdsourcing with viewer apps.  Not sure what the solution is other than start firing guy.  But the new guys will suck too in the same situation.  

the problem is we are only interested in saving lives and protecting against any possible injury.   therefore you have rule after rule after rule.  then those rules are applied selectively by ref crews because there are so many plays that could be called penalties that they decide to not call some because they know it would just be a flag fest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the problem is we are only interested in saving lives and protecting against any possible injury.   therefore you have rule after rule after rule.  then those rules are applied selectively by ref crews because there are so many plays that could be called penalties that they decide to not call some because they know it would just be a flag fest.

Yeah hence the “rules of emphasis” they have every year.  If it could be called consistently and reasonably they wouldn’t need that.