Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

15 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

We have had multiple plays reviewed and OPI called against us as a result of the review, sometimes more than once in a game. I’ve never seen that happen to any other team in any conference. We’re used to shitty officiating. 

Wasn’t there a play that was reviewed once and they called defensive holding on a DT after the fact from the replay as well?

• Rage+1 1

Targeting needs to be called both ways. Every game there are a number of plays in which a ball carrier puts his head down and makes contact that would absolutely be called Targeting if the D player had done the same thing.

I want to seem some Offense players ejected.

Maybe add some enforced accountability for the officials, say ejecting an official who has two or perhaps three calls overturned. I could live with that.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Were these guys last night Rig 12 Refs?   I saw a post on the game thread suggesting they were not.   None the less they were just as incompetent as the best Rig 12 crew if so.  

Shitty reffing is shitty reffing but quick check looks like the buffoons were big 12, and maybe a clue to the head moron's bias 

Screenshot_20220918-165138_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220918-165055_Chrome.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

We have had multiple plays reviewed and OPI called against us as a result of the review, sometimes more than once in a game. I’ve never seen that happen to any other team in any conference. We’re used to shitty officiating. 

Yeah. I probably posted this already upthread but, We would be blocking downfield on a dump screen or whatever. No flag…

Official would then get on the microphone to make a courtesy announcement. “There is no OPI because the pass was complete behind the LOS.”
(Pause)
Ref turns mic back on, “the previous play is under review”.

“After review, the pass was completed beyond the LOS, so there is a penalty for OPI, which will now be enforced.”

It was bananas because the call after the review does not happen if the ref doesn’t just take the initiative to get on the mic to tell us why they did not throw a flag. Weirdest shit ever.
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Yeah. I probably posted this already upthread but, We would be blocking downfield on a dump screen or whatever. No flag…

Official would then get on the microphone to make a courtesy announcement. “There is no OPI because the pass was complete behind the LOS.”
(Pause)
Ref turns mic back on, “the previous play is under review”.

“After review, the pass was completed beyond the LOS, so there is a penalty for OPI, which will now be enforced.”

It was bananas because the call after the review does not happen if the ref doesn’t just take the initiative to get on the mic to tell us why they did not throw a flag. Weirdest shit ever.

It happened 3 games in a row in Herman's first season. 

It's insane that the refs would do that but Herman should have fixed that shit after the first time after seeing the lengths they would go to find nits to pick 

49 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

It happened 3 games in a row in Herman's first season. 

It's insane that the refs would do that but Herman should have fixed that shit after the first time after seeing the lengths they would go to find nits to pick 

Yet OU has constantly done that for years and I am relatively certain was never called for it even once. 

38 minutes ago, cochamps said:

It is difficult for me to believe they could be this incompetent.  It is really bad when Bobby Carpenter comes on Sirius XM and says it is rare for the home team to get the shaft like we did against Bama.  The screw jobs were relentless again last night.

Referee is from College Station. That alone is sketchy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Shitty reffing is shitty reffing but quick check looks like the buffoons were big 12, and maybe a clue to the head moron's bias 

He cut his teeth with college level officiating  in the Lone Star Conference which is D2.  Nothing wrong with D2 in itself,  but as a long time fan of an LSC school, I have witnessed first hand what a bunch of incompetent buffoons the LSC Ref crews are.  It’s like a failing company hiring employees from another failing company.   Garbage in. Garbage out.   Yea it’s a shame coaches can’t strike Refs from crews based on a possible geographical bias too.   99% of Collie Station despises we ‘Sips and TU.

Edited by Nueces River Rat

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Yet OU has constantly done that for years and I am relatively certain was never called for it even once. 

Referee is from College Station. That alone is sketchy. 

I swear these Collie Station fucks must beg to officiate our games.  Remember when one of them umpired our baseball game against aggy?  And his Twitter was full of pro-aggy stuff?  Seems a little biased.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Paco said:
12 hours ago, Zeus said:
It's fine we are going to the most professional conference as far as officiating goes.

Quit fucking pretending to be a Texas fan you pathetic troll.

Maybe you shouldn't get your panties in a wad every time something comes up about the sec. We are going to the SEC BECAUSE THEY ARE BETTER IN EVERY WAY from the big12. 

8 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

Yes, you will 100% hate SEC refs. Though it will not be much different from the calls you didn't get vs Alabama two weeks ago from Big XII refs. 

That said, the league tends to benefit the teams that bring in the most money, so if Texas starts making NY6 bowls and playoffs, you will benefit from some calls and scheduling as well. 

I’m looking forward to the SEC protect the narrative corruption over the big 12 anti Texas/irate 8/little dick from the sticks corruption that has plagued us for so long. 
I figure we should be on the other end of the generous whistle against the minnows of the conference, rather than usually on the receiving end. There are plenty of posts on here that have detailed the fucktitude of the officiating against us for over a decade. Basically, ever since we got blamed for the dysfunction on the conference they’ve been out to get us and it’s more or less so  obvious statistically that it’s compelling. 
some years Bama gets the calls and some years LSU gets the calls. That will be nice. It will also be nice that it’s never Klan aggy getting calls over us like OK State. 

• Hook 'Em 4

As I quoted in another thread, the Referees blew multiple calls last night. Two that really had an impact were:

UTSA’s on-side kick should’ve been a FST on the kicking team. All it takes is a “body part” breaking the plane on an on-sides kick, where the whole player has to be across the “plane” or (35 - restraining line) prior to the kick on a regular KO. IMO - the refs were caught off-guard, just as the Horns were.

Overshown’s sack was NOT “targeting” by either rule (NCAA) 9-1-3 or 9-1-4. I really don’t know what the crew in the “booth or online” said to the crew on the field, but they were wrong! Facemask to Facemask on a ball carrier, even though he’s the QB, with no “launching or intent” by the defensive player is not targeting. I’m sure that Steve Shaw, head of NCAA Officiating, has already discussed this with all parties involved.

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 4

On 9/18/2022 at 4:55 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

I bet it was really hard for that piece of shit not to call Texas tu when he was announcing the lasted screw job penalty

I really don't get how blatant facemasks that turn the helmet are ever "missed". It's the ball carrier, which presumably one or two officials are assigned to watch, involves player safety, and there's no judgement call to make as to whether it affected the play.  Crews that miss that are either incompetent or corrupt.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I really don't get how blatant facemasks that turn the helmet are ever "missed". It's the ball carrier, which presumably one or two officials are assigned to watch, involves player safety, and there's no judgement call to make as to whether it affected the play.  Crews that miss that are either incompetent or corrupt.

Big 12 Ref, “I wouldn’t say we’re missing it Bob.”
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I was probably 150 yards away and I saw it
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Yep, and this is the same thing I always find myself saying when there's blatant, obvious holding on the DL's way to the QB, right in front of the Referee, who is perfectly positioned to watch for exactly that ... and somehow he can't see what's right in front of him in plain view..

Edited by wood

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

What's it gonna take for refs to stop thinking they are untouchable? Is a player or coach gonna have to actually assault one of these corrupt fucks?

The conferences holding them accountable, as in suspensions, fines, demotions or even public reprimands and apologies

image.gif.36eb762591f80dc2bd73239b96f980ab.gif

10 hours ago, Not a cat said:

In the refs defense they are watching Overshown on the bench to make sure he doesn’t head butt any teammates before he comes onto the field.  That would be blatant targeting and much more important than anything happening on the field.  

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

What's it gonna take for refs to stop thinking they are untouchable? Is a player or coach gonna have to actually assault one of these corrupt fucks?

replacing human refs with AI is the only way we will ever get to a fair and consistent application of rules.   We are a long long way from that being a practical solution though. 

7 hours ago, wood said:

Yep, and this is the same thing I always find myself saying when there's blatant, obvious holding on the DL's way to the QB, right in front of the Referee, who is perfectly positioned to watch for exactly that ... and somehow he can't see what's right in front of him in plain view..

On the Bryce scramble that essentially sealed the game the line judge absolutely saw it.  It was right in front of me, perfect angle, and I saw the blatant hold and watched him instinctively start reaching for a flag and then change his mind.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

The conferences holding them accountable, as in suspensions, fines, demotions or even public reprimands and apologies

Since this is never going to happen, I'm getting my popcorn ready for when a player like Overshown in this situation sues the incompetent official for damaging their NIL value.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Not a cat said:

It is also absurd that it's not reviewable.

• Hook 'Em 2

A walk on that is used in certain situations to keep a ref honest. Gets “kicked” off the team publicly and then becomes the water boy or assistant. Another walk on replaces him. Keeps another ref honest. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Publicly denounce these actions, but say you understand how players could become frustrated with the selective application of rules.

Many of these suggestions are heavily flavorful in their revengefulness. But I think there is  one that might actually work:

A player who is face-masked should, once the play is done, remain absolutely motionless. Once the medical crew arrives, player should begin to complain about neck pain. If no flag has been thrown, HC should be in the Ref's face, screaming and spraying spittle in all directions. It would be a plus if the HC's mic is live and is piped into to stadium PA.

It shouldn't be any more difficult for players than the famous LSU crampdemics we know and love.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pacman said:

Putos

An appeal of Texas linebacker DeMarvion Overshown’s targeting ejection in the second half of last week’s 41-20 victory over UTSA has been denied, Big 12 vice president for communications Bob Burda told Horns247 on Wednesday.

“The ruling on the field was upheld,” Burda said.

So the Big12 didn’t even get the wording right. The call on the field was no penalty. They ruling that was ‘upheld’ came from the asshats in the booth from the big12. Fuck the big12.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

12 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I mean...if I was under the influence I'm not so sure I could stop myself to be honest. 

On 9/21/2022 at 7:52 AM, Pam Cummings said:

Put me in, coach. I’ll take the paper. 

15 hours ago, pacman said:

Putos

Time to embrace the black hat. Fuck em all. Burn it down.

12 hours ago, CowtownHorn said:

Have my spreadsheet fired up and ready to go for conference play. 😡

3A168DCD-7103-4430-BE52-DC01838F7953.jpeg

this leaves out a lot of context.  There has been such a consistent trend of situationally significant calls that go against Texas that anytime something good/great happens for Texas that my first reaction is to expect a flag

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

There has been such a consistent trend of situationally significant calls that go against Texas that anytime something good/great happens for Texas that my first reaction is to expect a flag after a big offensive gain or touchdown, etc.  

This is me. Any offensive play over 15 yards, and any defensive play which results in a loss of yards for the offense, I immediately fix my eyes to the bottom of the screen and just wait for the yellow box to show up.

• Rage+1 3

13 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

Have my spreadsheet fired up and ready to go for conference play. 😡

3A168DCD-7103-4430-BE52-DC01838F7953.jpeg

Not to create a ton more work, but do you happen to have the totals for non-con/bowl games?  Would be interesting if these seemingly very undisciplined Longhorn teams suddenly get it under control when the crew isn't from the Big 12.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/21/2022 at 8:40 AM, Horn Dog said:

replacing human refs with AI is the only way we will ever get to a fair and consistent application of rules.   We are a long long way from that being a practical solution though. 

An officiating crew of Teddy Ruxpin, a Nintendo and an Atari 2600 could do a better job officiating than the crews we get. Bring on the robots.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:40 AM, Horn Dog said:
Edited by Newdoc

8 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

this leaves out a lot of context.  There has been such a consistent trend of situationally significant calls that go against Texas that anytime something good/great happens for Texas that my first reaction is to expect a flag after a big offensive gain or touchdown, etc.  

Yeah no shit. But even this chart in its simplest form is crazy to look at. If I felt like taking the time to factor in the timing of the calls or non-calls that change the outcome of critical drives or the games themselves…it would look much worse. 

• Hook 'Em 2