Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We only had 2 penalties today? Someone getting fired on Monday 

They didn't have a Big 12 team to favor, so they figured they'd just do nothing. Although one official kept marking us a yard short every time, for whatever reason.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

They didn't have a Big 12 team to favor, so they figured they'd just do nothing. Although one official kept marking us a yard short every time, for whatever reason.

Yep, top of the screen on TV. But the staff has to get involved there, that was our sideline.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, top of the screen on TV. But the staff has to get involved there, that was our sideline.

Saw it too. He'd be at the spot on the sidelines, then take a full step to the right before spotting it. Saw him take 2 steps to the right at least once. 

15 hours ago, Js1 said:

We only had 2 penalties today? Someone getting fired on Monday 

Wait until we visit Stillwater in a few weeks.    The Rig 12 front office will now see Boone’s boys as the best hope for the playoffs.  We  on Surly all know there is history with OSU and the Refs screwing us.   But many have forgotten or don’t know.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

45 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Hey Big Xii refs, this shit has to stop.

1D4372ED-417B-4452-82EB-475861ED1ABA.thumb.png.8f8bbe369abd999552ea273cbb641fab.png

ECDD95FF-50D0-4A89-B9F3-3B61B4F49A6B.thumb.png.9ee7e422150608c9a1d410f4d87af65a.png

the ref spotted Bijan a full yard short of where the ball was. A fucking YARD.

5 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

2BE36FC1-1F44-40BF-BE05-BBCFB7E9586E.thumb.png.3a9a77e31f4d7202670c6ced0a93064f.pngAnd again.

BB8452A7-0CCB-4C5A-AD2B-9244E9E57237.thumb.png.edd49ba1f3d6870bf46b24b2a45655b6.png

That’s either complete incompetence or intentional mis-spotting.

Yea I was at the game and had a good view and several people in my section commented on the wtf spots by that ref. It was so regular an occurrence to make it obvious fuckery but no one gave a shit since we were pounding sooner ass so hard.  In a close game it would have probably made a difference 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I was at the game and there was no replay but did OU fumble on their first drive? The refs shockingly decided not to review but by the reaction of the OU wideout he clearly thought he fumbled

Another phantom fumble BS. I'll gladly take the SEC screw job against Bama every year/every other year for 11 games of competnent officiating. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, cochamps said:

My son texted me at the game and said replay on TV confirmed that it was a fumble.  Pretty big screw job not to review, but our staff needs to pull their head out and start requesting reviews on some of these calls.

Yes, Sark needs to get in the refs' faces a whole lot more. Last year he hardly ever did anything except shake his head. The Phantom Safety apparently was dismissed because "No reviews for safeties" bullshit, but it was such a clusterfuck otherwise that they needed something to review and invented Phantom Targeting and Phantom Grounding. The rule book specifically mentions both potential TD and potential Safety as being reviewable. If the review had included the Safety and seen the leg down before the fouls, the worst result was dead ball fouls, and the result would be two points for Texas and Bama kicking/punting from their 35. But no doubt they could figure out a way to discount the Safety and Grounding and call two concurrent penalties on Texas, eject Overshown, and give Bama the ball 1st and 10 from their own 30+. 

I want to see some rules to eliminate these kinds of ref interference with the games. At least, subject ref calls to review, and eject refs making consistently bad calls, whether reviewed live OR later. This might be some way to allow coaches to object at the time. In OOC games, the usual (but apparently not required) reffing assignment is for the visitors to have their conference's refs on the field, but the home team to man the review booth. The intent being to help the visitors not be subject to calls by biased - or uninformed - home refs, but allow the home team to have incorrect calls overturned. I know USC kept the field refs when we visited a few years ago, but not sure if they let XII review that game, nor whethern we got XII field refs on the return game the next year. Maybe the rule is just that the field and review refs have to be from opposite conferences. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The one replay they showed before moving on, I thought his elbow was down before the ball was loose. But it was very close and deserved further scrutiny. 
especially frustrating when the same booth was lightning quick to stop a play on the next drive to see if sanders stepped out of bounds prior to the spot.  And on that one I didn’t see conclusive evidence that his heel was actually down and touching white paint, but they called him oob anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The one replay they showed before moving on, I thought his elbow was down before the ball was loose. But it was very close and deserved further scrutiny. 
especially frustrating when the same booth was lightning quick to stop a play on the next drive to see if sanders stepped out of bounds prior to the spot.  And on that one I didn’t see conclusive evidence that his heel was actually down and touching white paint, but they called him oob anyway. 

They just showed his heel in the air over the paint and went with it.

There was a spot in the second half where on the TV where they mentioned a penalty and some shenanigans going on by the Texas sideline but never said what was happening nor showed the ref making the call. They never talked about it again.  On the broadcast they showed all the players watching whatever was going on.

What was the deal?  

18 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Fumble initially looked like he might have been down and may have been targeting.

Replay got this one right, though, that was a fumble, no targeting, Texas ball fair and square.

I felt the same as you--thought Texas was getting doubly fortunate at first, but the super slow-mo replays convinced me the call/non-call were valid.

Of course, my glasses are tinted burnt orange so ...

at an absolute minimum there were 2 blatantly obvious  DPI not called on ISU... and a 3rd one that should have been called Defensive holding at a minumum if not DPI

they completely missed the tripping call in the open field against Bijan where the ISU player is on the ground and throws up his legs in the first qtr

they completely missed the facemask on Rojo on the 2 on our go ahead 4th qtr final score drive.

and of course no holding calls against ISU in the game....  our 1 actual offense line holding call against was legit... but as usual the exact same type of play the other way was never called.

we got a bit of a gift of a roughing the passer call, but honestly that call didnt matter, we already got the first down that play. we got 15 extra yards and the refs promptly refused to throw back to back DPI after. 

and somehow they didnt fuck us over on the fumble... which was called a fumble on the field.   I thought for sure they were going to somehow call it down, or targeting. but that replay showed the ball moving before down, and the hit was to the shoulder (despite what RG3 emphatically claimed) 

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

and somehow they didnt fuck us over on the fumble... which was called a fumble on the field.   I thought for sure they were going to somehow call it down, or targeting. but that replay showed the ball moving before down, and the hit was to the shoulder (despite what RG3 emphatically claimed) 

Yeah RG3 finally walked that back.

But I legit still cannot believe we got that call. It honestly could have gone either way, which is why I was stunned when it went ours. 

Of course I doubt this is my last post on this thread.

if anyone watched the OSU v TCU game, the refs just ruled a TCU player stepped OOB at the 2 yard line (when he went on to score).

the closest the players foot was to the OOB line was about 8 inches from it.... i.e. WELL inside the line.   AND the field is real turf, so his cleats threw up a divot clearly visible in the field of play.

It got overturned to a TD.... but this is getting ridiculous.   its almost like these fuckers are blind

oh yeah and the review took about 4 mins.   its was insta obvious after 1 viewing that he never came close to stepping out

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

There was a play early in the Tex/isu game where there was a poor isu snap on 2nd and 5 or so where their qb just had to cover the ball for a loss. 
then with no explanation they announced a snap infraction, apparently pre-snap, that kept it at 2nd down instead of third. 

what did I miss there?  Felt like they called a false start on the center for snapping too early- but that can’t be it. 

they converted 2 plays later, not that 3rd and long was ever an issue.  I think it was their first td drive. 

39 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

if anyone watched the OSU v TCU game, the refs just ruled a TCU player stepped OOB at the 2 yard line (when he went on to score).

the closest the players foot was to the OOB line was about 8 inches from it.... i.e. WELL inside the line.   AND the field is real turf, so his cleats threw up a divot clearly visible in the field of play.

It got overturned to a TD.... but this is getting ridiculous.   its almost like these fuckers are blind

oh yeah and the review took about 4 mins.   its was insta obvious after 1 viewing that he never came close to stepping out

The really corrupt aspect of the call that he stepped out is that one of the replays showing the sideline (which confirmed that Wiley's foot never came close to stepping OOB) depicted the official watching his feet.  The dude was nodding the whole time as if to say "he's good."  And the head ref still ruled he was out at the 1.  Then it seemed like the refs shifted course and said that his knee was down before the ball crossed the plane, which was patently absurd.  Just a clusterfuck of a shitshow, but that's normal for Big 12 refs.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I don’t even mind the horrible call as much as I mind the 3 minute review. The replay came up immediately and showed him well within bounds. That should be easy. But no, the ref has to talk to people and watch review for 3 minutes. 

• Hook 'Em 1