Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There was a play early in the Tex/isu game where there was a poor isu snap on 2nd and 5 or so where their qb just had to cover the ball for a loss. 
then with no explanation they announced a snap infraction, apparently pre-snap, that kept it at 2nd down instead of third. 

what did I miss there?  Felt like they called a false start on the center for snapping too early- but that can’t be it. 

they converted 2 plays later, not that 3rd and long was ever an issue.  I think it was their first td drive. 

that play was called an illegal snap.... which by definition means the refs felt the center "simultated" the snap in an attempt to draw us offsides.   it carries the same penalty type as a false start,  considered dead ball play, 5 yard penalty.  the "play" never happened. 

that being said, ABC never replayed the play showing the simulated snap, so theres no way to confirm if that happened or not.... but the reaction of the entire ISU team sure as fuck acted like that play was supposed to start when the ball was snapped.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

at an absolute minimum there were 2 blatantly obvious  DPI not called on ISU... and a 3rd one that should have been called Defensive holding at a minumum if not DPI

they completely missed the tripping call in the open field against Bijan where the ISU player is on the ground and throws up his legs in the first qtr

they completely missed the facemask on Rojo on the 2 on our go ahead 4th qtr final score drive.

and of course no holding calls against ISU in the game....  our 1 actual offense line holding call against was legit... but as usual the exact same type of play the other way was never called.

we got a bit of a gift of a roughing the passer call, but honestly that call didnt matter, we already got the first down that play. we got 15 extra yards and the refs promptly refused to throw back to back DPI after. 

and somehow they didnt fuck us over on the fumble... which was called a fumble on the field.   I thought for sure they were going to somehow call it down, or targeting. but that replay showed the ball moving before down, and the hit was to the shoulder (despite what RG3 emphatically claimed) 

The B12 officiating has been all around bad from the games I’ve had time to sit down and watch this year. Yeah, I get that they are not going to be perfect…..and missed calls happen. However, there’s some egregious shit taking place this season that is simply unacceptable. Is the talent pool for solid refs that thin to where fans simply have to put up with it? 

The non-PI calls vs Texas this year has been more than frustrating. However, it’s nowhere near the fuckery that occurs with the non-calls of holding vs our defense. 

Yes, I get that players hold on a vast number of plays each game. I’m also ok with officials letting the ticky tack shit slide and allowing players to play. However, the shit they’ve been allowing the opponents O-line to get away with Vs our pass rush is just inexcusable. It’s become so bad that the integrity/validity of the game/outcome is jeopardized. Shits just not right, and it also doesn’t appear that much will be done to correct the problem

After todays game, I went back and reviewed game logs and the drives from each one. Unless I overlooked it, there appears to have only been one offensive holding called against our opponents O-line this season. It was against ULM in game 1, and that penalty wasn’t even accepted (we sacked the QB on the play in which it was flagged). Therefore, there’s technically been zero holding calls on Texas’ opponents in over 250 passing attempts. Insane

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

10 minutes ago, The Deuce said:

On the above info…. I missed 1. There was a holding call enforced against Tech. So…….. 1 fucking enforced holding call on 250+ pass rushes. 

So say 5 OL, that’s conservatively 1,250 opportunities for holding and only one has been called? Lol.

Someone was saying opposing kickers weren’t missing kicks against us, and we weren’t recovering any fumbles, and fortunately that changed this game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I'm so fucking PTSD'd by B12 refs  I was expecting them to come up with a non- fumble,  double targeting,dfouble ejection, 30 yard penalty ruling. I was absolutely stunned with the result

I can't wait until the Birmingham Mafia cooks up some banger non calls against y'all 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

I know when the play happened, on the radio broadcast Craig and Roger were worried that his knee was down before the ball came loose.  On replay they were convinced it was a “bang bang” play and that it would be tough to overturn since it was called a fumble on the field.  Then as the refs were reviewing it, the ABC video feed text was saying that he was ruled down by contact therefore in a bang bang play it might not get overturned.  Glad to see that the right call was made and the only people still bitching about targeting are ISU fans and strangely (but not really) aggies. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I know when the play happened, on the radio broadcast Craig and Roger were worried that his knee was down before the ball came loose.  On replay they were convinced it was a “bang bang” play and that it would be tough to overturn since it was called a fumble on the field.  Then as the refs were reviewing it, the ABC video feed text was saying that he was ruled down by contact therefore in a bang bang play it might not get overturned.  Glad to see that the right call was made and the only people still bitching about targeting are ISU fans and strangely (but not really) aggies. 

Refs signaled Texas ball, implying it was a fumble.

Replay was called for, the ref stated the ruling on the field was the runner was down by contact (so not a fumble).

After reviewing the replay, the ref said that the call stands, Longhorn’s ball

Glad they got it right in the end, but Big 12 refs are still giants fuck ups.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Refs signaled Texas ball, implying it was a fumble.

Replay was called for, the ref stated the ruling on the field was the runner was down by contact (so not a fumble).

After reviewing the replay, the ref said that the call stands, Longhorn’s ball

Glad they got it right in the end, but Big 12 refs are still giants fuck ups.

Campbell said the refs told him they were reviewing targeting.

7 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cjx7o17A93z/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This is a good angle that they didn’t have during the broadcast. Pretty clearly shows that it wasn’t targeting. Campbell can eat a dick. 

That angle is crystal clear.  Anyone still saying it was targeting is 100% full of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The non-tripping on Bijan stood out to me as the worst call.

Worthy getting tackled without DPI is hard to explain.

The illegal snap just doesn't look like one from the only angle we have.

The runner isn't defenseless on the fumble, so it would have to be crown of the helmet.  That was a good no-call.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 10:02 PM, Godzillatron said:

Watching Utah - USC. It’s a completely different game when the OL can’t indiscriminately hold.

Also a completely different game when Pac 12 refs decide to throw baby shit soft roughing the passer flags to extend two Utah drives that were stopped, especially when they don't use that same Tom Brady standard when Caleb Williams gets hit a tenth of a second after the ball leaves his hand.  Those trash calls, which were denounced by the announcers and Blandino, gifted 14 points to Utah.  The first one canceled out an interception in the endzone that would have resulted in USC ball up 14-0 with all the momentum and a chance to blow the game open.  Instead it became 14-7, the crowd wakes up and Utah is right back in the game.  Honorable mention to the back to back targeting flags they threw on USC in the 4th quarter.  They were both overturned upon review, but Pac 12 refs soiling their diapers any time they see a big hit is a major reason why nobody in this conference bothers to play defense.  Pac 12 refs hate the fact contact exists in a contact sport.

I'd happily trade ref crews with Texas for the remainder of the time our teams are stuck in our lame duck conferences.  At least then we could rest easy knowing any shit calls are just garden variety incompetence instead of outright malevolence from a spurned conference that desperately wants anyone but us to win trophies on our way to bigger and better things.

56 minutes ago, Trojan Man said:

I'd happily trade ref crews with Texas for the remainder of the time our teams are stuck in our lame duck conferences.  At least then we could rest easy knowing any shit calls are just garden variety incompetence instead of outright malevolence from a spurned conference that desperately wants anyone but us to win trophies on our way to bigger and better things.

are seriously that fucking stupid to post that last line HERE?

as if Texas isnt fucking leaving our conference?

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

are seriously that fucking stupid to post that last line HERE?

as if Texas isnt fucking leaving our conference?

He meant we trade and assume that pac refs aren’t purposefully screwing us in the big 12, and big 12 refs aren’t purposefully screwing them in the pac. It’d be all incompetence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Big 12 refs definitely suck, but Texas is shooting itself in the foot today. This 7-point lead would be a lot more if not for the stupid penalties, missed tackles, errant passes, and general lack of focus.

Refs have actually been competent. Feels dirty just typing that, but it's true.

9-76

0-0

seriously?

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

They've called holding twice on Okie Lite. First was declined. Second was offset by a defensive penalty.

0-0

And even if it were 2, they’re still letting OkSt hold like crazy while calling everything on us.

Edited by lilMAC25

39 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Big 12 refs definitely suck, but Texas is shooting itself in the foot today. This 7-point lead would be a lot more if not for the stupid penalties, missed tackles, errant passes, and general lack of focus.

Refs have actually been competent. Feels dirty just typing that, but it's true.

Agreed totally. The penalty disparity is totally all self-inflicted. And we got really lucky on the non-muffed punt. We have 351 yards of O at half and the fact that we’re only up 7 is on our Pass D, Quinn and self-inflicted shoot-footing.