Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

On 10/29/2022 at 11:04 AM, Horn Dog said:

Here is a comment from the video.  I’m not sure i buy it but possible I suppose:

It does look suspicious but here’s what probably happened. 

I’ve worked the chain crew on literally hundreds of high school football games over the past 25 years. Typically when a ball is spotted after a play that results in a first down the refs will spot the ball directly on a hashmark to avoid measurements with the sticks. They will spot it if it happens to be between the hashes on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down but on 1st down they will spot it right on a hashmark. It keeps the game moving and limits the number of measurements. I know it’s not done this way in college or pro.

Since the ball carrier reached the hashmark and it was spotted right on the hashmark the ref shouldn’t have even pulled out the sticks for a measurement. Because the sticks should have been marked on a hashmark. He probably felt the sticks weren’t in the right place from the previous first down.

More of a mistake by the chain crew than the white hat. Not sure why the white hat moved the ball forward though. That was a clear mistake.

Rounding a 1st down up to the nearest yardline is standard practice at all levels now. They do this to reduce measurements - or rather the time spent measuring.

Odds are good that the play did result in a 1st down and that the chains were off for whatever reason.

17 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It absolutely matters on the margins.  Consistent bad calls stalling drives.  Then in tight games critical calls stopping progress is clearly evident.  To argue otherwise is disingenuous 

The CFB Reddit about the defense giving up X total yards is completely off base as well.  These things don't happen in a vaccum.

When you gift another team a few drive extensions that creates more plays and more yards almost by default.

The opposite is also true when you call phantom holds on offense.

Penalty yards don't tell the full story.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah we lost and it sucked.

I guess I could follow the example of some and be a whiny pussy about it, or I could chose to take the L and move on. 

I think I'll do the latter.

Haha, apples and oranges even though you won the penalty battle again.  You weren't cheated.  We were.

Penalties:

OSU     4/35

KSU     7/60

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Rounding a 1st down up to the nearest yardline is standard practice at all levels now. They do this to reduce measurements - or rather the time spent measuring.

Odds are good that the play did result in a 1st down and that the chains were off for whatever reason.

If the first down is at a yard line, and the ball is at or beyond the yard line, why bring the chains out to measure?  Since the whole point is to not have to do that. 

Of course, that also means that the officials know exactly where a first down is, and can spot the ball accordingly should they choose to do so. 

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah we lost and it sucked.

I guess I could follow the example of some and be a whiny pussy about it, or I could chose to take the L and move on. 

I think I'll do the latter.

IF I was a whiny pussy I would point out how we lost a nail biter (48-0) after such a discrepancy in fouls called (in my team's favor).    But I am NOT a whiny pussy, so I will just take the high road and just accept the lopsided circumstances my team was forced to compete in.

• Hook 'Em 3

x-posting here because it's absolutely insane:

Speaking of holding penalties....I've been keeping count of this.

This year in conference play Oklahoma has had zero holding penalties called against their opponents. We have only had 1 holding call called against our opponents as well.

Pretty insane between us and Oklahoma there has only been 1 hold called against our opponents.

The lone holding call:

image.png.6f331390366cf603bf100d2f91c46976.png

Obviously didn't include our game vs each other.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

x-posting here because it's absolutely insane:

Speaking of holding penalties....I've been keeping count of this.

This year in conference play Oklahoma has had zero holding penalties called against their opponents. We have only had 1 holding call called against our opponents as well.

Pretty insane between us and Oklahoma there has only been 1 hold called against our opponents.

The lone holding call:

image.png.6f331390366cf603bf100d2f91c46976.png

Obviously didn't include our game vs each other.

For contrast, any idea how many holds have been called against us (and also OU)?

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

Here comes the 2nd half fuckery

Yup. Came here to post this. 
That was NOT a touchdown. 
my wife just asked, if is there any consequence for the ref on a bad call. And I think she has a great point. What happens? Does anything happen???

#fuckthebig12refs

• Like 1

Sark was talking with Thompson so he probably did something, but it would be nice to see what it was. 

it would also be nice if the rules didn’t turn a first and 35 into a first and 10 because of a penalty. (Acknowledging that’s not what happened here, just as a point of contention about automatic first downs. )

So, TCU is undefeated, the B12’s best chance for the playoffs, and needs a big splash win. Anyone else fear an epic officiating screw job?

B12 officials have never given a shit about that. See 2008 Texas Tech game.

They just fuck us over for the sake of it. Last night was the pretend we didnt fuck them over at okie state make up. With some milder fuckery.

22 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

@oSuJeff97 how ‘bout it, old buddy? Hope that bullshit officiating made your season. Looks like the wheels are coming off. 

It sure did!  Me and my friends all were having a good laugh about it last night on our conference call with the Big 12 office.

We made the strategic decision to call off the conspiracy during the Texas-Kansas State game last night just to give you all some confidence heading forward.

We're going to fire it up again some time soon, though. Want to guess which game it will be?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Zeus said:

Joke conference

Here's your highest ranked undefeated team big 12 bros, almost a half full stadium

1667711067219714-sp.jpg

I think this photo was from some Tech fans long before the game started. I was at this game (college visit) and it was fully packed at kickoff. TCU is certainly beatable fyi. 

• Hook 'Em 1