Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

The bogus Sanders hold that negated a TD seemed like a last ditch effort to keep it in range. Bijan wasnt havent any of it. The refs must’ve been like Swede and Chick in Eight Men Out when they won Game 3. They won the game but lost the bet.

I dont know about a grand conspiracy but there is a statistically significant history in the past 8 years to screw Texas. And it only takes 1-2 refs per game to make it happen.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

The bogus Sanders hold that negated a TD seemed like a last ditch effort to keep it in range. Bijan wasnt havent any of it. The refs must’ve been like Swede and Chick in Eight Men Out when they won Game 3. They won the game but lost the bet.

I dont know about a grand conspiracy but there is a statistically significant history in the past 8 years to screw Texas. And it only takes 1-2 refs per game to make it happen.

It absolutely fucking happened.  Ref bullshit works on the margins.   Close games can be easily manipulated. See the Ewers run vs osu called back.  Fucking shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, statsman said:

So, with one B12 game to go, how many OL holding calls on (non- Sooner) Texas’ B12 opponents this year?

I looked it up. I count two- once by TT and once by KSU. In each case, the opponent drive was bailed out by a subsequent penalty in the Texas defense for a personal foul (would like to review how severe those fouls were; were they called for a purpose?) and ended with a TD by the opponent. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Update:

Texas 8

Opponents 2(Texas Tech/Kansas State)

Oklahoma 7(1 was declined)

Opponents 2(Baylor, WVU)

Texas/OU 15
Opponents 4

The above does not include the Texas vs Oklahoma Big 12 game. 

One game remains!

Thanks- that’s what I was looking for in my question post. 

12 hours ago, statsman said:

So, with one B12 game to go, how many OL holding calls on (non- Sooner) Texas’ B12 opponents this year?

Depends on whether KSU/KU plays before us (they don’t) and if KSU loses. 

I suspect some egregious BS is on deck against BU just to make sure we don’t backdoor the title game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Doesn't matter at this point, if TCU wins out they're in 

Yeah but the question is, which CCG opponent is better for TCU, because ultimately that's what the big xii wants is an easy path for them. 

I'm pretty sure Texas beats TCU if we play again, and I think they think that too. KU is gonna get turbofucked by the refs this week. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Yeah but the question is, which CCG opponent is better for TCU, because ultimately that's what the big xii wants is an easy path for them. 

I'm pretty sure Texas beats TCU if we play again, and I think they think that too. KU is gonna get turbofucked by the refs this week. 

TBH either team probably beats them if they play again. Kansas State had a lot of guys get injured during the TCU game. 

Texas didn’t play well, on offense against TCU. No doubt. TCU didn’t play that well, either. However-

Theur FG drive was assisted with a five yard delay of game penalty on Coburn when they were facing a 3rd and 11 (they converted with an eight yard gain).  

The Wiley hold was ignored just before the big TD run. 

The punter flop before the TD pass. 

I would have liked to see how things could have played out if the officials called it the same both ways. 

It’s clear that, to the officials, Texas is not part of the Big XII. The league needs to either release us or make the officials treat us as full members. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 3

22 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Kansas sucks ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

And he was grinning ear to ear knowing he got away with it. Even the booth called him out on it. 

The booth also called out K State holding every play. The rig12 doesn't give a single fuck anymore they are no longer P5.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

But we did get that Ineligible Man Downfield call.  That was weird.  Maybe a make-up call from the Sanders hold on the previous drive.

If they had been doing their jobs, that call wouldn't have mattered as there were at least 3 blatant holds on their OL on that same play. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

But we did get that Ineligible Man Downfield call.  That was weird.  Maybe a make-up call from the Sanders hold on the previous drive.

I think the illegal man down field was the makeup call for missing the hold right in front of the official on the same play.

I am amazed, even in a blow out, how bad/one sided B12 officiating is.

I have always wondered what would happen if you get a retired set of officials to grade every snap from the all 22 view and turn that report in every week to the league, media, and the schools. 

Go about grading officials in CFB like they do in the MLB and see what happens.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 9:47 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Why put your thumb on 2 scales when one will work is all I’m saying. Do they care if we are 8-4 instead of 7-5?  Do they care about Baylor at all?

Yeah they do.  Baylor, TCU and OSU are the cream of the future B12.  They would have no issues with padding Baylor's record with a win over Texas.  

One of the absolute biggest ref scammed games ever was Teaff's retirement game.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Yeah they do.  Baylor, TCU and OSU are the cream of the future B12.  They would have no issues with padding Baylor's record with a win over Texas.  

One of the absolute biggest ref scammed games ever was Teaff's retirement game.  

1) not big 12

2) special circumstances. That was for teaff, not for Baylor or the swc. 

1 minute ago, statsman said:

The three biggest official-rigged games I recall are:

1. Grant Teaff last hurrah

2. 1999 Bonfire collapse game

3. 2015 OSU

In the first two, it was clear what the officials’ reasons for wanting one side to win were. In the third, we may never know. 

Yup, they couldn't let the Aggies crash and burn twice.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not that I wanted them to win, but NU's last game at Kyle was an absolute fucking as well.  This punitive league tries to fuck teams that leave or disrupt.  Even the ags were laughing at how bad the calls were that day.  

Can't wait to get the hell out of here ASAP.

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

In the third, we may never know. 

Both happened the second year of a new coaches tenure.  Maybe they (whoever facilitated the cheat) didn't want a resurgent Texas?  

4 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

I have always wondered what would happen if you get a retired set of officials to grade every snap from the all 22 view and turn that report in every week to the league, media, and the schools. 

Everybody has a price. 

4 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

I think the illegal man down field was the makeup call for missing the hold right in front of the official on the same play.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Dude we have the technology and the b12(any p5 conference and the nfl) has the money, they could dedicate a camera and hire a ref to watch literally every player on the field and referee to the letter of the rule book.  

16 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Dude we have the technology and the b12(any p5 conference and the nfl) has the money, they could dedicate a camera and hire a ref to watch literally every player on the field and referee to the letter of the rule book.  

If they did that, they'd lose their income stream from T.B.P.'s trust fund he left for the Rig12 officials.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/22/2022 at 7:53 PM, dingleberryswitzer said:

I agree.  I just want honest refs calling it to the best of their ability.  Not the shitshow we get now.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/22/2022 at 5:03 PM, Hookem2147 said:

If TCU needs a win in the conference title game to make the playoff, you can fully expect the Big 12 to fly in the best crew they have at influencing the outcome of games.

image.png.f195f43ca35773f5e8fe70ea12410808.png

Pretty much everyone knows about this guy now.  How does he still have a job?

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1