Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

1 minute ago, jinx said:

The TD run had a blatant hold on Watts two yards from the ball that wasn’t called either. But without a doubt the biggest fuckery was the “roughing the punter” call where literally no Texas player even touched him. 

Dikes got that one by working the officials for one earlier.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Not really. Blaming officiating is the most cunt-like crutch there is. They can suck, yeah, but they're never the real issue. It's about 12th in line after lack of preparation, coaching, in game adjustments, a coach who goes fetal at the half, a QB who air mails throws into other zip codes. And / or many more things. If you want to suck your thumb and blame zebras then you're simply a bigger clown than what you portray officials to be. 

I don't give a shit about referees but they never cause a team to win or lose. I do laugh at fans that think they're to blame for our many issues. Because, if the case and you're on that level of delusion, we're on a 13-year run now and bad officiating is the sole reason to believe. At least to some of you.

I'm about as far away from an official blamer as anyone but serious question, would TCU have scored a TD last night without the help of the officials?

• Rage+1 2

22 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Dikes got that one by working the officials for one earlier.

Since Mack, every coach we’ve employed has allowed the Refs to screw us without even trying to work them.   Mack and Dykes would’ve stroked out if they were coaching us against Okie State a few weeks ago with the flow of the calls going against us early and the lack of calls against Okie State.    You have to work the Refs even if you are not getting screwed just yet. An early call even if it is not suspect is where you do it.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bigcigar said:

We’ve had far worse big 12 screw jobs. This one was pretty standard and our HC/OC/1.000000 QB shit their pants.

who knows, maybe they held off bc the offense was so hopeless.

That is my opinion as well.  They put the screws to the team, but because the TCU defense was playing well, and the Texas offense was not, they didn't have to OSU the game, but to make sure the Texas offense didn't get anything going they helped keep us buried, they bought the flops, ignored the PI, Facemasks, and gave them extra attempts.  

I liken this to how the Soviet Union 'beat' the US in basketball in 1972(?).  The officials just kept giving the SU the opportunity to score until they actually did it and won.  I believe it was 3 or 4 attempts (too lazy to google) before they finally made a basket and the game ended.   The US men's team had the integrity to not show up for the ceremony.  Whereas Texas just keeps allowing the screwjob to happen.  defensive delay of game....   Was Coburn supposed to snap the ball?  

Please tell me again how a DEFENSE can get called for “delay of game” .

This reminds me of a game changing “defensive holding” call on the line of scrimmage against us back in the Charlie years. Same game that day where the ref went out of his way to run into Charlie on the sideline and penalize us 15 yards. 

Edited by US183
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I'm about as far away from an official blamer as anyone but serious question, would TCU have scored a TD last night without the help of the officials?

None of their TD happen without the refs ignoring blatant holds or giving them extra chances.

Amazing how our defense suddenly stopped being able to push through their offensive line……

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Punter fooled them. Didn’t even try to land on his foot, on the sideline laughing.

also, dumb to come after it. 

Yep and yep. I was at the game and the 1 replay they showed looked like Overshown (I think) went right under him. Punter had his knees bent like he had no intention of landing on his feet

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Lol the hold going after the fumble, not called. 

Yeah...that's not a thing. It's a scrum and all bets are off short of using the facemask.  

This is a coaching comment not an officiating comment, but if the other team WANTS  to give you a penalty, then decline it. If they think itll help them then you should not give it to them. Its fucking common sense.  TCU took an intentional delay of game in the first quarter from their 35 so its moved back to the 40. They down the punt inside the 1 which affected the next several series on offense.  Later in the game they punted from the 35 and he yipped it for about 25. Starting at the 10 is a huge difference from starting inside the 1. 

53 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I can’t remember but I think it was their first TD but that TCU offense did nothing all night and then the QB ran and got the edge for 10 plus yards I think based on a obvious hold by the right tackle (right in front of the ref and it was the only reason the play sprung).  The next play or so was the long run that only got sprung because they held Watts right at the point of attack where the runner was and that was also really obvious.  Listen, Sark sucks, Ewers sucks, the Oline sucks, PK sucks, you name it BUT it seems whether we are home or on the road that the Big 12 refs are going to make it tough on Texas and that is some BS. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, US183 said:

Please tell me again how a DEFENSE can get called for “delay of game” .

This reminds me of a game changing “defensive holding” call on the line of scrimmage against us back in the Charlie years. Same game that day where the ref went out of his way to run into Charlie on the sideline and penalize us 15 yards. 

Calling it a delay is just a technicality, the actual rule is simulating a snap count. I've seen a defense called for delay of game for 'accidentally' hitting the ball with their foot between plays as the ref going to set it for thr next play. is Our call is " MOVE!" which sounds nothing like a snap count.  But big12 refs gonna big 12 ref. 

• Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:
Blaming officiating is the most cunt-like crutch there is. If you want to suck your thumb and blame zebras then you're simply a bigger clown than what you portray officials to be. 

Ok, I’m going to suck my thumb and call BULLSHIT on your whole thesis. The no holding call and the faux roughing the kicker call changed the game. The tcu O was just as much shit as our O  and wasn’t doing shit until the  “zebras” made the difference. 

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Calling it a delay is just a technicality, the actual rule is simulating a snap count. I've seen a defense called for delay of game for 'accidentally' hitting the ball with their foot between plays as the ref going to set it for thr next play. is Our call is " MOVE!" which sounds nothing like a snap count.  But big12 refs gonna big 12 ref. 

On a third and 11 no less. 

35 minutes ago, US183 said:

Ok, I’m going to suck my thumb and call BULLSHIT on your whole thesis. The no holding call and the faux roughing the kicker call changed the game. The tcu O was just as much shit as our O  and wasn’t doing shit until the  “zebras” made the difference. 

Several 'missed' DPIs seemed to help stop our offense.  Just tackle the receiver..... 

14 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

What don't Texas coaches rip the refs a new one after shitty calls/no calls when all other coaches seem to do it? Mack and our hoops coaches do.

you think they would care?  They would just run into him and flag him.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

This is a coaching comment not an officiating comment, but if the other team WANTS  to give you a penalty, then decline it. If they think itll help them then you should not give it to them. Its fucking common sense.  TCU took an intentional delay of game in the first quarter from their 35 so its moved back to the 40. They down the punt inside the 1 which affected the next several series on offense.  Later in the game they punted from the 35 and he yipped it for about 25. Starting at the 10 is a huge difference from starting inside the 1. 

This is really of no consequence. You take the penalty because then it lessens the burden of your stupid penalty in return, which could then result in a first.

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Their fatass OL who jumped threw up his hands initially, knowing he screwed up. Then, he realized he should convince the ref that it was our DL’s fault and began lobbying. He got the call. Bullshit. 

3 hours ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

What don't Texas coaches rip the refs a new one after shitty calls/no calls when all other coaches seem to do it? Mack and our hoops coaches do.

Sarkisian is too busy looking at his play sheets. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

I say we put Pole Assasin's monkey in charge of arguing calls with the refs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Their fatass OL who jumped threw up his hands initially, knowing he screwed up. Then, he realized he should convince the ref that it was our DL’s fault and began lobbying. He got the call. Bullshit. 

Sarkisian is too busy looking at his play sheets. 

Those aren't play sheets. He's busy picking out next Saturday's wardrobe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This. We are the “big swinging dick” with nothing but mouse fucking balls. 

To be fair, at least we did swing dick and leaving the big12 in two years. Four to six years too late imo, but at least it's happening.

3 hours ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

*puts on tinfoil hat* Serious question, is it a concerted effort where the refs are directed towards fuckery or implicit bias the refs have ? *takes off tin foil hat*

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/9/28/9412627/walt-anderson-officiating-texas-longhorns-oklahoma-state-cowboys

"There were a lot of things that did happen in the game," Anderson told the Dallas Morning News Monday after reviewing the game.

"It was a tough game to work from an officiating standpoint. Overall, I was pleased with the way the guys worked. Three were a few mistakes -- and I emphasize a few -- and you want to learn from them."

Even before we announced we were leaving the rig 12 we were getting fucked and zero answers for it.

That's your answer, you think it's better now?

• Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, Zeus said:

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/9/28/9412627/walt-anderson-officiating-texas-longhorns-oklahoma-state-cowboys

Even before we announced we were leaving the rig 12 we were getting fucked and zero answers for it.

That's your answer, you think it's better now?

This made me laugh in 2015, and it makes me laugh now. That call was stupid at that point in the game because of the stakes at that point, compared to how rarely that ever gets called, and it was also such a tick-tack call........... but......... the holding is literally right there. Nelson grabs the OL with a fistful of jersey in his left hand. He saw the double-team, ate the double team and held the OL so that Petey could stay clean and try to make a play. The defensive holding rule exists in this circumstance to keep D-linemen from doing what 95 did here, hold an O-linemen in an attempt to keep them from getting to the 2nd level. It's a common technique that's taught to D-linemen. 

On 11/13/2022 at 10:02 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

When the umpire was explaining the call to Coburn, it looks like he took exception to the jerky way Coburn switched his hands.  As if the offense might have thought Coburn was the snapping the ball.

Not big 12 related at all but I find it interesting how much movement they allow a qb in the shotgun to have without calling it simulating the snap. Head bobs, multiple claps, fake claps, leg lifts.  

used to be that a qb under center bobbed his head too much on a hard count, he’d get flagged. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

all you idiots bitching about O taking a bad angle need to admit you're fucking idiots, that angle was fucking fine

Just now, Neonmoon said:

That was only running into kicker penalty. That should not have been called. Where is the clip of the roughing penalty? The one that gave them the first down

that was the roughing

Sark just clarified the delay of game on Coburn on Rewind.  He said it was "abruptly moving too hard on the defensive line".  I watched the play again. Just before the ball is snapped Coburn and the player to his left rise up, move to their right one step and switch to the left hand on the ground.  The ref immediately throws a flag.  I have never seen this called at any level of football in my life.  I am guessing that was the players adjusting to the offensive line gap.

• Hook 'Em 2

Sark just clarified the delay of game on Coburn on Rewind.  He said it was "abruptly moving too hard on the defensive line".  I watched the play again. Just before the ball is snapped Coburn and the player to his left rise up, move to their right one step and switch to the left hand on the ground.  The ref immediately throws a flag.  I have never seen this called at any level of football in my life.  I am guessing that was the players adjusting to the offensive line gap.

That explanation makes it worse.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1