UF suspends football activity after superspreader event at A&M, hours after calling for 90,000 students to pack swamp

SEC

Just now, Zeus said:

I love the logic, they wanted to begin having more fans soon and somehow that caused a handful of players to test positive for the coof? 

It's going to be a nothingburger just like every outbreak panic in sports so far, the Coronabros will say this is the end of the season. In reality they will just reschedule the game, same as the year the game got rescheduled due to an incoming hurricane.

I think there's been 44,000 positive cases on college campus with two (2) hospitalizations. 

I think it goes to show how seriously their coach has been taking it.  Eventually all these postponements will lead to cancelations when they can't fit them all in.

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Just so we’re on the same page because you were so forward about ignorantly calling people retards.

You’re citing the imperial college of London’s model that was drafted by Professor Neil Ferguson right?

The same professor who no longer works there?

He’s the one that was banging a married with kids side piece shortly after he was infected with covid.

That guy right? You’re taking him for his word? And you’re calling people retards?

I'm pretty sure Ferguson stepped down from a board that advised the government. He is still at ICL: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/people/neil.ferguson

Still, there is a global consensus that he is one of the top guys in epidemiology in the entire world. 

Funny how you didn't attack the substance of my post. Anyone, including the person I responded to, who think the amount of "at risk" Americans isn't a material number is an idiot. My personal business and income is being severely impacted because of science-hating Trumpists who think this is a fake issue and that no one has been hurt or is at risk. The way you jumped to his defense, it sounds like you are one of these tools as well. Fuck you too. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

If your ‘News’ uses adjectives in their headlines, then you’re reading propaganda.  You're not being informed...you're being told how to feel.  (In 2020, you're usually being told that you should be outraged and afraid.)

“Atticus told me to delete the adjectives and I'd have the facts.”  ― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird 

Edited by Monster
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Can you tell the difference between journalism and Media propaganda?  Pick one...

"Florida suspends football activities after event at A&M."   

"Florida suspends football activities after SUPERSPREADER event, HOURS AFTER CALLING FOR PACKED STADIUM."

At what point do you guys start to realize you're being manipulated emotionally by 'the News'?  

Edited by Monster
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, Monster said:

Can you tell the difference between journalism and Media propaganda?  Pick one...

"Florida suspends football activities after SUPERSPREADER event, HOURS AFTER CALLING FOR PACKED STADIUM."

At what point do you guys start to realize you're being manipulated emotionally by 'the News'?  

Still trying to figure out what the Florida players with covid have to do with the crowd at the A&M game.  

10 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Still trying to figure out what the Florida players with covid have to do with the crowd at the A&M game.  

Florida players and Covid have the same thing in common as sheep and the crowd at the A&M game......

FEAR

21 hours ago, Lat22 said:

You’re not toeing the Surly company line. 

The difference between the thought system that maninblack and you are espousing and what you call the "company line" is that for you, having an underlying condition (or being one of the 10% that you just write off completely) is a justified death sentence rather than the avoidable problem that it is.

If everyone who thought you like had simply put on a mask and socially distanced - or better still, be open to the idea of contact tracing (oh nose my privacy!) - we would already be out of this nonsense.

Selfish people who only care about themselves (people who don't care about the 90% with underlying conditions and the 10% who don't) are the reason this sucks so much.

I hate Pelosi too - but I'm not a selfish idiot dead set on destroying our country for some ridiculous sense of personal freedom that equates to a refusal to protect your neighbors, loved ones, and fellow Americans.

/

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Just so we’re on the same page because you were so forward about ignorantly calling people retards.

You’re citing the imperial college of London’s model that was drafted by Professor Neil Ferguson right?

The same professor who no longer works there?

He’s the one that was banging a married with kids side piece shortly after he was infected with covid.

That guy right? You’re taking him for his word? And you’re calling people retards?

You gonna post a pic of the side piece before I judge him?

6 hours ago, Monster said:

Can you tell the difference between a forum post topic title and journalism, dipshit?

Because, guess what, I'm not a journalist nor a media pundit, I'm a poster on discussion board. You know discussion boards, right? Those are the places where people come forth to put arguments, that others can refute or rebuke or accept. Hence the post, it's an argument. Congrats on finding the very explicit argument I was making in the thread title.

Unfortunately, while you are barely cognizant enough to recognize that an argument was made, your decayed, rotten brain isn't smart enough to recognize what facts are. Considering you get your definition of "fact" from fictional characters from books written more than half a century ago, I'll lay it on you. Adjective != "not fact." A superspreader event is defined by the CDC as an event of more than 8 cases. This was 19 cases. It is, by definition, a superspreader event. Framing my topic title with that verifiable information doesn't make it "not fact" you moron. It is similarly a fact that this occurred hours after Mullen was calling to pack the swamp. Those are facts, as some needle dick dipshit loves to say, facts don't care about your feelings.

If the intentional framing of the topic title makes your pathetic wee wee hurt, GOOD. I'm glad it's causing you discomfort. You deserve it. I hope you and your family catch covid, too.

Edited by BigXII
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure Ferguson stepped down from a board that advised the government. He is still at ICL: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/people/neil.ferguson
Still, there is a global consensus that he is one of the top guys in epidemiology in the entire world. 

Funny how you didn't attack the substance of my post. Anyone, including the person I responded to, who think the amount of "at risk" Americans isn't a material number is an idiot. My personal business and income is being severely impacted because of science-hating Trumpists who think this is a fake issue and that no one has been hurt or is at risk. The way you jumped to his defense, it sounds like you are one of these tools as well. Fuck you too. 

I didn’t jump to his defense, I said using Neil Ferguson as if he has any merit left in October of 2020 is fucking retarded. Fuck you back

12 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I didn’t jump to his defense, I said using Neil Ferguson as if he has any merit left in October of 2020 is fucking retarded. Fuck you back

You said Ferguson lost his role at Imperial College London. He didn't. He is still THE global expert. In fact, even though after he resigned from the government board (advising the UK government) because the scandal of his affair broke, it looks like they didn't accept his resignation. Why? Because he has plenty of merit left. He is still listed as a member of that board.

I know you Trumpists don't value education and expertise. That is why we have 220K dead, and will cruise to 300K dead. 

You couldn't look any more ridiculous right now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

You said Ferguson lost his role at Imperial College London. He didn't. He is still THE global expert. In fact, even though after he resigned from the government board (advising the UK government) because the scandal of his affair broke, it looks like they didn't accept his resignation. Why? Because he has plenty of merit left. He is still listed as a member of that board.
I know you Trumpists don't value education and expertise. That is why we have 220K dead, and will cruise to 300K dead. 
You couldn't look any more ridiculous right now.

Oh looks like you’re right about what he resigned from. He resigned but still is in the board? Makes sense. And it isn’t trumpists that “don’t value education and expertise”.

63ed6c79c83939306eb9d5e2539b2acb.jpg
Looks like Neils own people don’t, just like he didn’t when he had his affair

2c4a07d138ecdd424f6e60269190977a.jpg
The frogs don’t either

I can post 10 more European graphs that look the exact same. These countries certainly comply with masks more than Americans ever will, and that is coming from someone who masks up every time I go somewhere. So it isn’t just “MuH freedom trumpists” killing people.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Oh looks like you’re right about what he resigned from. He resigned but still is in the board? Makes sense. And it isn’t trumpists that “don’t value education and expertise”.

The frogs don’t either

I can post 10 more European graphs that look the exact same. These countries certainly comply with masks more than Americans ever will, and that is coming from someone who masks up every time I go somewhere. So it isn’t just “MuH freedom trumpists” killing people.

This isn’t CR so let me try to both sides this.  

Let’s just say there’s PLENTY of evidence Trumpistas don’t follow science whether it’s on the environment or covid.  Those are facts.  If they wanna argue ‘economy > science’ that’s fine and I’ll disagree, but listen. But I won’t listen to anyone saying they follow the science on any grand scale...Maybe when it’s convenient for them.  And this is from a fiscal conservative (lol) who voted R for most of my life.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The frogs don’t either

The UK has done a terrible job against Covid. Look who is in-charge, another populist/facist.

The US invented the playbook to deal with pandemics. Few countries followed it. South Korea did. 55 million people, less than 500 total covid dead. 

Trump is a mass murderer.

Oh, look. Someone is doubling down on being a dipshit after being called out. Again.

You maybe should be calling Ferguson a dipshit. You won’t tho
This isn’t CR so let me try to both sides this.  

Let’s just say there’s PLENTY of evidence Trumpistas don’t follow science whether it’s on the environment or covid.  Those are facts.  If they wanna argue ‘economy > science’ that’s fine and I’ll disagree, but listen. But I won’t listen to anyone saying they follow the science on any grand scale...Maybe when it’s convenient for them.  And this is from a fiscal conservative (lol) who voted R for most of my life.  

It needs to be a mixture of both.
The UK has done a terrible job against Covid. Look who is in-charge, another populist/facist.
The US invented the playbook to deal with pandemics. Few countries followed it. South Korea did. 55 million people, less than 500 total covid dead. 
Trump is a mass murderer.

What’s UK doing different now Vs the UK from June-September?

On 10/14/2020 at 6:06 AM, Sgt Hulk said:

I think I speak for us all for the safety of the kids. It’s time to shut this season down and just allow everyone to heal up be safe and work in next season.  It’s what’s best for the kids 

Only if you allow an extra year of eligibility, another scholarship year (for those actually chasing the degree), or start the XFL back up for the tweeners that’ll blame not having a full season for why they weren’t drafted (lol). 

I really want to know what people in 5 years are going to be thinking about the response to the pandemic.