UF suspends football activity after superspreader event at A&M, hours after calling for 90,000 students to pack swamp

SEC

LOL oops

How it started:

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2020/10/10/florida-gators-dan-mullen-wants-90000-at-the-swamp-next-week/

“I know our governor passed that rule, so certainly, hopefully the university administration decides to let us pack the Swamp against LSU,” Mullen said. “I certainly hope our university administration follows the governor. The governor has passed a rule that we’re allowed to pack the Swamp and have 90,000 in the Swamp to give us the home-field advantage Texas A&M had today.”

How it ended:

One UF player apparently had Covid before the game. Now 19 players on UF have it. That player who had Covid saw significant play time at the game in collie station, so the Aggots of A&M probably are diseased now as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, wood said:

My coworker & I were speculating just a few minutes ago about the consequences of allowing so many people to just abandon distancing in the stands...

when whatever seating issue was fixed in the cotton bowl on Saturday that allowed the students to get to the last 8 rows in the student section, those idiots POURED into that section packed butts to nuts.  I originally thought it was them running to be on camera, but no one did shit until 6 mins left in the 4th quarter when the platinum security guys started telling the students to get back to their assigned seats

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

when whatever seating issue was fixed in the cotton bowl on Saturday that allowed the students to get to the last 8 rows in the student section, those idiots POURED into that section packed butts to nuts.  I originally thought it was them running to be on camera, but no one did shit until 6 mins left in the 4th quarter when the platinum security guys started telling the students to get back to their assigned seats

All this is going to be way worse for Florida because, as bad as Texas has been about adhering to guidelines, at least we still have SOME up. Florida just relaxed basically all their guidelines. UF, the school, supposedly wasn't going to allow them to pack the swamp, but the governor said it's a-ok. Masks are no longer required, no social distancing restrictions. Basically, if UF administration wanted to, they could host a full normal game, as though it was taking place in 2019 instead.

This is like divine intervention stuff lol.

Me in 2019:  "I wonder who'd be more guilty of spreading of a human-animal based deadly virus...Texas A&M, China, or Florida Governor DeSantis?" 

2020:  "Hold my beer!"  

4 minutes ago, BigXII said:

All this is going to be way worse for Florida because, as bad as Texas has been about adhering to guidelines, at least we still have SOME up. Florida just relaxed basically all their guidelines. UF, the school, supposedly wasn't going to allow them to pack the swamp, but the governor said it's a-ok. Masks are no longer required, no social distancing restrictions. Basically, if UF administration wanted to, they could host a full normal game, as though it was taking place in 2019 instead.

This is like divine intervention stuff lol.

I know three people who had kids come down with COVID within a week of starting school.at aggy. I don't think we're getting honest numbers out of CS 

(I know too many aggy.)

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

I know three people who had kids come down with COVID within a week of starting school.at aggy. I don't think we're getting honest numbers out of CS 

(I know too many aggy.)

Wouldn't surprise me. The way, for example, CCISD covered up that a bunch of one of the HS baseball team got it over the summer due to forced work outs for example, or how 3 bus drivers have died on top of the dozens that have caught it and even the bus director died at the job after coming in with covid. Anything to avoid the bad publicity, and spooking the parents.

Edited by BigXII

22 minutes ago, BigXII said:

LOL oops

How it started:

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2020/10/10/florida-gators-dan-mullen-wants-90000-at-the-swamp-next-week/

How it ended:

One UF player apparently had Covid before the game. Now 19 players on UF have it. That player who had Covid saw significant play time at the game in collie station, so the Aggots of A&M probably are diseased now as well.

Hell they were diseased long before that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

How it ended:

giphy.gif

So they knew the dude had the 'Rona & brought him on the trip & let him play? WTF?

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30108140/florida-5-new-virus-cases-lsu-game

Mullen was given an opportunity to back down a few minutes later. Instead, he stood by his comments.

"Absolutely want to see 90,000 in The Swamp," he said. "I don't think the section behind our bench, I didn't see an empty seat. It was packed. The student section, there must have been 50,000 behind our bench going crazy. Hopefully that creates a home-field advantage for us next week because now we passed a law in our state that we can do that. We want our students out there cheering us on to give us that home-field advantage.''

3 minutes ago, BigXII said:

"I don't think the section behind our bench, I didn't see an empty seat. It was packed. The student section, there must have been 50,000 behind our bench going crazy.

I know that announced attendance is always bullshit (usually way over-counting), but the advertised attendance for the entire stadium was 24,709. Me thinks Dan Mullen is a fucking idiot.

50 minutes ago, BigXII said:

LOL oops

How it started:

How it ended:

"aggot" and "diseased" is redundant.

Just saying.

5 minutes ago, BigXII said:

fuck around and find out

Plenty of people have and not died. Even the CDC released numbers that showed 90+ % of deaths had underlying conditions. You can certainly argue it's infectious but deadly not so much unless you're in a narrow part of the population.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 12

9 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

How did a player have it before the game and play in the game?

It's a hoax. Trust me, the aggys already have all this figured out. The kid who spread it to all the players deserves a statue on campus (assuming he is white) for helping promote herd immunity.

Guns! 'Merca! Herd Immunity! Whoop!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Plenty of people have and not died. Even the CDC released numbers that showed 90+ % of deaths had underlying conditions. You can certainly argue it's infectious but deadly not so much unless you're in a narrow part of the population.

You’re not toeing the Surly company line. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, BigXII said:

It's kinda like saying how having sex with your ugly wife isn't gross, it's the associated smells and slimes that come out of her as a result of a thousand truckers plowing away at her that are gross.

Personal experience, or your dad's?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

You’re not toeing the Surly company line. 

Ya, he's totally a free thinker. It's not like that same comment has been ctrl-c ctrl-v all over old people sites like facebook for weeks now. I'm sure he found that talking point out just through his own independent research pouring through lexisnexis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I’m guessing we are ok walking on the grass covering your grave.

We good on that?

Please respond quickly. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

19 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Over 50% if the US population is obese. If you’re obese, you have a higher chance of being in said narrow part of the population.

3 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Over 50% if the US population is obese. If you’re obese, you have a higher chance of being in said narrow part of the population.

If one were obese, wouldn’t they be in the wide part of the population? 

I’m asking for an aggy friend. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

58 minutes ago, wood said:

So they knew the dude had the 'Rona & brought him on the trip & let him play? WTF?

No one is shocked the SEC was first to do it. No one. It just means more 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1