Texas opens as a 14 point favorite v Baylor

TexasMan

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
3 hours ago, ztejas said:
Has anyone ever housed a TO to win in OT? I can't think of an example off the top of my head.

It's actually a really dumb thing to do. You should sit down the moment you have possession. Only bad things could happen every second you remain active.

So our players work keep running then, got it.

Edited by USNALonghorn

On 10/19/2020 at 8:04 AM, BabaYaga said:

Texas line @ -14?  Like the -18 against Tech and -11 against TCU.....lol.  At this point I'll probably be flipping back and forth between the game and something more interesting, like what new revolutionary new product that can make my life better.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnf12NxihnFEK8l8wJT_K

Wasn’t this guy arrested for shamwa-ing a 14 year old?

24 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
3 hours ago, ztejas said:
Has anyone ever housed a TO to win in OT? I can't think of an example off the top of my head.

It's actually a really dumb thing to do. You should sit down the moment you have possession. Only bad things could happen every second you remain active.

If my DB gets a pick with nothing but daylight in front of him in overtime and he takes a knee, I’m literally blowing a gasket. 

If my DB gets a pick with nothing but daylight in front of him in overtime and he takes a knee, I’m literally blowing a gasket. 
I think you guys are missing the context.

The original post said you could technically win by 14 in OT.

The only way that happens is if you score on your first possession and get your 2pt conversion, and then on the ensuing possession you intercept/recover a fumble and run it back for a td.

I'm saying in the instance that the turnover wins the game for you, you should not try to score on it because you've already won.
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I think you guys are missing the context.

The original post said you could technically win by 14 in OT.

The only way that happens is if you score on your first possession and get your 2pt conversion, and then on the ensuing possession you intercept/recover a fumble and run it back for a td.

I'm saying in the instance that the turnover wins the game for you, you should not try to score on it because you've already won.

Right. I was trying to remove context in my reply. 

22 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to lose to Baylor. I'm thinking it would be Herman's equivalent to Strong's Kansas loss. Would Herman be relieved of duty immediately after the game?  A man is allowed to dream.

But then again, screw Baylor!

Baylor gonna rape us. 

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Here’s the scenario, about par for this team:

Other team goes up by 8 in OT

UT 1st down offensive pass interference.

1st down again, offensive holding.

1st down yet again, chop block, center gets pissed and throws a punch for a personal foul and Mensa proceeds to try and fight other coach and gets an unsportsmanship penalty.

next play replacement center no one has ever heard of hikes the ball over Sams head, Ingram tries to pick it up but kicks it into end zone, other team falls on the ball for a TD

Ok, unrealistic?   Have you seen us play this season?

It is funny. It is the Friday before gameday, both my boys will be done with seeding games for baseball by noon so I can easily watch the game yet I have no interest in it.

May clean the gutters on the house and record the game so I can just fast forward through the long stretches of shit play and stupid penalties.

Herman has officially beaten the enthusiasm out of me for UT football.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to lose to Baylor. I'm thinking it would be Herman's equivalent to Strong's Kansas loss. Would Herman be relieved of duty immediately after the game?  A man is allowed to dream.

We lost to Baylor in Memorial, 50-7. It didn’t happen then. No, I do not envision a scenario where losing tomorrow gets Herman sacked immediately. Yes, a 50-7 loss might get the job done, in time. 

Absolutely screw baylor. 

Edited by Mossyhorn

4 hours ago, redswingline said:

They can't score. They have a bad offense and it was bad last year too. Brewer can't throw, their OL sucks. The difference is they had a very good defense last year to cover up the anemic offense.

This year? Not so much. New coaching staff, lots of new faces on defense.

Texas: 31

Baptists: 10

The thing is, Texas under Tom Herman is a weekly slumpbuster for opponents.

Struggling o-line? They'll look elite tomorrow.

QB Struggling? Heisman contender-like numbers incoming.

Their defense has been pretty good in their two games. They'll look like the 2000 Ravens tomorrow.

Herman is fucking incredible at making his opponents' weaknesses a strength, while making his own team's strengths a weakness.

Baylor and Texas in a miserable slog that will come down to the last possession of the game.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

We lost to Baylor in Memorial, 50-7. It didn’t happen then. No, I do not envision a scenario where losing tomorrow gets Herman sacked immediately. Yes, a 50-7 loss might get the job done, in time. 

Absolutely screw baylor. 
Ah, 1989. I was a high school senior.

Our D isn't bad at all, and its that Aranda movement based disguised coverages. I predict Texas 24 Baylor 17.

Baylor OL is by far the worst I've ever seen, and Brewer has dramatically regressed.

Baylor's defense is pretty good, their offense is suckage.  Texas will win this one by 10 at least then we have to listen to Hermie talk about how "things are on the right track" and "we showed the improvement that I've been talking about" (implied "you're a bunch of morons").

Next week, we're all ready and all, and the best OSU team in 15 years and/or maybe the most complete Gundy team ever scores triple digits on us.  But enjoy this week.

6 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Texas will win this one by 10 at least then we have to listen to Hermie talk about how "things are on the right track" and "we showed the improvement that I've been talking about" (implied "you're a bunch of morons").  Next week, we're all ready and all, and the best OSU team in 15 years and/or maybe the most complete Gundy team ever scores triple digits on us.  But enjoy this week.

Halloween on the road against a team with colors of orange & black -- what could go possibly wrong for such a unified, together Longhorn Football Team??

Wl32fNq.gif

2 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Ah, 1989. I was a high school senior.

Our D isn't bad at all, and its that Aranda movement based disguised coverages. I predict Texas 24 Baylor 17.

Baylor OL is by far the worst I've ever seen, and Brewer has dramatically regressed.

I was a freshman and took my dad to his first and last Texas home game. He was an SMU grad who had watched SMU cheat/fuckstomp their way through the SWC for most of the 80's.

Fucking embarrassing.

10 hours ago, redswingline said:

They can't score. They have a bad offense and it was bad last year too. Brewer can't throw, their OL sucks. The difference is they had a very good defense last year to cover up the anemic offense.

This year? Not so much. New coaching staff, lots of new faces on defense.

Texas: 31

Baptists: 10

Lol. We are not holding anyone to 10 points. I hope you were really drunk when you wrote this.

On 10/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, 927 E. 41st said:

There's only one way Herman gets removed midseason and that's if CDC has a verbal commitment from Urban Meyer.

7 hours ago, phdhorn said:

and the best OSU team in 15 years and/or maybe the most complete Gundy team ever scores triple digits on us.  But enjoy this week.

This is a Tom Herman coached team we're talking about. If we can lose to the worst OUsucks team in 20 years, he's somehow going to be capable of beating the best OSU team in 15. It's the Herman Paradox.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/22/2020 at 3:28 PM, ztejas said:

A few years back in a playoff game Green Bay had a pick six against Seattle in OT. This was right after Matt Hasselbeck said “we’ll take the ball - and we’re going to score” after winning the OT coin toss....

3 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

There's only one way Herman gets removed midseason and that's if CDC has a verbal commitment from Urban Meyer.

From what I've seen of CDC, I'd say it would take a signed agreement, but again, it lifts my spirits to dream of Herman gone. 

Edited by 927 E. 41st