The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think the Dotard just charmed the pants off ol’ Lindsey on the golf course.

Figuratively, of course. Not saying just saying.

What's that old saying about politicians and a dead girl or a live boy? 

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think the Dotard just charmed the pants off ol’ Lindsey on the golf course.

Figuratively, of course. Not saying just saying.

More likely Lindsey kept his pants on, but that dry cleaning bill . . . oof.

28 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i tend to agree with biff here. he went and played golf with old donnie, and has never been the same again. trump made some threat on the golf course that day. a threat compelling enough for lindsey to completely change his approach regarding trump.

it's not just reelection. 

Graham has always latched on to whoever he thinks defines the party. He did this with McCain years ago, and then did the same when Trump gained power. 

It's that simple. He goes with the tide every time. 

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

More likely Lindsey kept his pants on, but that dry cleaning bill . . . oof.

Cleaning?  Pffft - he probably just wishes he had been wearing a blue dress during the deed ...

Couldn't the later instances of obstruction be obstruction of the investigation of the earlier obstruction crimes? Since that's a big part of what Mueller investigated? What's with this "no underlying crime bulllshit? It's not even technically correct.

Democrats need to start impeachment proceedings today. Against Trump and Barr.

• Like 1

I hope you all realize what the net outcome of these hearings and this report is.  Most of America is not following this anymore.  They understand that Mueller's report says there was no collusion and that's where their brain turns off.  In the bulk of American's minds and especially the non-lawyers, they don't even flinch at the Obstruction question because they don't care.  Since there was no collusion who cares if he tried to derail the investigation or fire Mueller.  Trump did not do what he was accused of doing by his political opponents (Dems and NeverTrumpers) and the Press.  So anything beyond proving he or his team actively conspired with Russians, nobody cares.  Graham is right.  He'll get his punishment when he gets blown the fuck out in Nov 2020 (assuming Bernie is not the nominee....hi BT)

5 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I hope you all realize what the net outcome of these hearings and this report is.  Most of America is not following this anymore.  They understand that Mueller's report says there was no collusion and that's where their brain turns off.  In the bulk of American's minds and especially the non-lawyers, they don't even flinch at the Obstruction question because they don't care.  Since there was no collusion who cares if he tried to derail the investigation or fire Mueller.  Trump did not do what he was accused of doing by his political opponents (Dems and NeverTrumpers) and the Press.  So anything beyond proving he or his team actively conspired with Russians, nobody cares.  Graham is right.  He'll get his punishment when he gets blown the fuck out in Nov 2020 (assuming Bernie is not the nominee....hi BT)

While this very well could be true, I think there are a fuck ton more people at least marginally paying attention than there normally would be if we had a normal president.  Myself included.  These are not normal times and most people realize that.

3 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Subpoena him tonight. Quit fucking around. Jesus Christ.

and he'll ignore the subpeona, and they'll find him in contempt, a la eric holder, and nothing will happen, because congress has abdicated its responsibility. 

oversight?

bah.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Maybe. Or they can ignore the House. What are they gonna do?

If you start impeachment, then you do whatever's necessary to force compliance. If that means jailing people, then so be it.

17 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Love the new GOP standard: "short of actively conspiring with foreign governments to win an election, who cares?"

nadler out now talking.

barr has refused to appear before the house judiciary committee. 

the DOJ is refusing to comply with a subpoena for the full unredacted report. 

considering contempt citation for barr.

and then nothing will happen.

15 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

this is a joke, right?  he 100% obstructed justice. it’s all over part 2 of the report. if he wasn’t the president he’d already be indicted. 

he probably won’t get in trouble for it, and he definitely won’t get impeached, but that doesn’t change the facts. 

nixon didn’t get indicted or impeached either. was he innocent?  was it all some left-wing conspiracy hoax?

considering folks like john dean are saying this is “way worse than anything nixon ever did” should give you an inkling of the corruption. this isn’t run-of-the-mill “everyone in politics is corrupt” garbage. 

jesus. 

Barr seems to think he showed prudence and restraint in the redaction process and should be praised for doing so. Today, some have pondered whether or not contained within the redactions is Trump's 5th amendment invocation. 

Just now, Foosters said:

Love the new GOP standard: "short of actively conspiring with foreign governments to win an election, who cares?"

Just thought I'd give my opinion of how this is viewed by regular folk.  They all see the highlights and how it got started and the fact that the headline is 'No Collusion', then they are done.  Anything else done after that is noise and nuance and they dgaf.

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Btw there is a line in the report that basically says “it’s possible the obstruction was so successful that it prevented us from finding the evidence of collusion”.

The problem is that the line is buried in a 400-page report.  Mueller needs to say this as part of a concise sound bite that can be blasted on the news channels / twitter repeatedly until it the Fox News crowd can no longer ignore it.  I had posted a few pages back on what I thought would be ideal testimony to make the point.  Dems just need to get Mueller to testify and figure out how to get him to state clearly that (1) Trump obviously obstructed, but just can't be charged because he's a sitting president, and (2) obstruction might have made the difference between conspiracy "beyond a reasonable doubt" and a shitload of evidence that doesn't quite support a conviction. 

Edited by Gap03
Typo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

ah, sorry, my bad, first citation of contempt is for the DOJ refusing to comply with the unredacted report subpoena. 

they haven't issued a subpoena for barr yet, but they will.

nadler: "he is terrified of facing a skilled attorney."

The fun thing, well none of this is fun, but Nadler going after Dotard is somewhat fitting. The two hate each other and Trump always thumbed his nose at him when their squabbles took place in New York and not the world stage. 

Now the people Dotard treated with disdain for decades have the power to hit him where it hurts most, his wallet and his fraudulent New York business empire built upon tax evasion and never paying his damn bills unless Fred did so for him. The incoming attorney general in New York is going to investigate him and he can do shit all about stopping it. I know the focus is on the Mueller report and his clear obstruction of justice, but I will argue that is not where you hurt him. 

Hitting him in New York and getting his name removed from buildings and erasing any sign of him will destroy him. Be it the roadside park north of the city that bears his name, Trump Tower on 5th, Trump International Hotel or hell even the building in Stamford, CT that bears his name is how you break him. He is no different than any other person suffering a narcissistic personality disorder. This rube just happens to be the most powerful person in the world. He cannot deal with his name being erased into the dustbin of history. The narcissist in him cannot fathom that he not the center of the known universe. 

Edited by UpperWestside

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

Just thought I'd give my opinion of how this is viewed by regular folk.  They all see the highlights and how it got started and the fact that the headline is 'No Collusion', then they are done.  Anything else done after that is noise and nuance and they dgaf.

Yep.  Most people who vote are overtaxed.  And I'm not talking about income tax.  I'm talking about they are struggling to balance work, family, finances, self and many other more proximal concerns than what is happening in Washington.  Their life feels like they are juggling chainsaws and if you are going to vie for their energy and attention, you better damn sure have something interesting and/or important or you will be tuned out very quick.  They almost have to simply buy what is being fed to them from a source or just be completely ignorant (which would probably be better overall).

I'm afraid what has happened with Trump is that information fatigue has set in.  A third of the population views what is going on as important and worthy of their time, another third is like "Yeah, fake news.  Fuck off, assholes" and the final third are like, "Yeah, Trump sucks.  Tell me something I don't know.  Wake me up if we ever have the pee tape."  They have been bombarded with conflicting "news" about Trump, the special investigation, Mueller, Russia, collusion, obstruction, etc... for a long time now.

• Like 5