The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So where does Stone hang out when he's in Austin?  I bet he tells some stories at the bar.  I saw photos at Russia House, which would imply he stays downtown.  Seems a little seedy for a man of his "fashion choices".

Dammit, I forgot 1) that he comes here, and 2) I have a connection who actually spends time with him.

Seriously, I ought to volunteer to pick up the tab one night just to be in that entourage.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dammit, I forgot 1) that he comes here, and 2) I have a connection who actually spends time with him.

Seriously, I ought to volunteer to pick up the tab one night just to be in that entourage.

Everyone on this forum would contribute towards that goal

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Girl you have got to keep up with the times, they’ve been closed for years

hah, I recently discovered that they finally brought back boyz cellar, though it has a different name now.  We quit going clubbing in Austin when Kiss and Fly got busted and now we generally do our clubbing when we are out of town.  

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He's got a point.  $28 million would pay for around 56 days of Trump's golf trips.  That's a much better ROI.

So, when Manafort is sentenced, that $28 million on a cost per day basis is going to look like quite the bargain.  Course, Trump is gonna pardon him, and then tweet that he's saving the country money due to Manafort not being in prison.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

Not much of a story here but here it is

On the day Donald Trump’s former foreign-policy adviser George Papadopoulos was sentenced to two weeks in jail for lying to investigators about his contacts with a U.K. professor peddling dirt from Russian officials about Hillary Clinton, lawyers in an unrelated case raised the prospect the professor, Joseph Mifsud, may be dead.

The Democratic National Committee, which is suing Russia, the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks for interfering in the 2016 election, said in a court filing Friday that it believes all the defendants in the case have been served with the complaint, “with the exception of Mifsud (who is missing and may be deceased).” The lawyers didn’t elaborate.

A hearing on the DNC lawsuit is scheduled for Sept. 13 in Manhattan federal court.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

If I ever get to Austin I want to party with NAIU and Subliminal.

Brisket can come along to talk us down if we get too rowdy.

The last time I invited brisket someplace to be the voice of reason, I ended up crammed into the back seat of a minivan, sitting in a child seat (I’m 6’5”, btw), on my way to an after hours strip joint. 

• Like 1

I find it curious that Georgie Porgie gets 14 days and Van Der Zwaan gets twice as much.  Not a material difference really.  Except in the context of the Federal Sentencing Guidelines.  VDZ got 2x the sentence for a single, rather immaterial lie, whereas GP gets half for a pattern of lying that we should believe hindered the investigation.

The point being., the Federal Sentencing Guidelines are complete shit.

If the production and coverage of evidence and witnesses in the upcoming Manafort trial stands to be devastating to the larger circle of perps, pleading guilty to avert the news coverage and headlines is worth a lot to certain others.  Manafort is already put away for a lotta years.  This move certainly would appear to be in the service of collecting some later reward, ie pardon.

But don’t believe for a second there isn’t a 18 U.S. Code § 371 charge for conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud United States involving coordinating with Russia looming for the right time to drop.  This is a mob style roll up involving mobsters.  It is that patterned approach we’re witnessing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

At least Nixon never asked for Russia's help.

Serious question...why did the DNC and Clinton pay for a dossier that was gotten from Russians? Why did the Russians want to make Trump look bad? I thought that the arussians prefered Trump? Very confusing..

4 hours ago, Shinesintx said:

Serious question...why did the DNC and Clinton pay for a dossier that was gotten from Russians? Why did the Russians want to make Trump look bad? I thought that the arussians prefered Trump? Very confusing..

You think the dossier was from the Russians?

Serious question, have you read the Dossier?

If so, which was your favorite part? 

If the answer is anything other than the part where trump paid some Russian hookers to do a water works show on the presidential suite bed cause obama and Michelle slept in it, he is lying.

Oh, and forgot the part that it’s on all tape.

10 hours ago, Shinesintx said:

Serious question, did you know that the investigation was actually paid for by another GOP candidate during the primaries and Clinton camp paid to continue the investigations during the campaign? Did you also know that it is irrelevant who paid for it if the information is true and can be verified by the Justice Department?

On 9/5/2018 at 4:33 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

You know who our president is, right?  As soon as Mueller hits "print" on that initial report, Trump is going to strip Mueller of any and every sort of investigative power.  It's a miracle that he hasn't done it already.

I have a lot of confidence in Mueller's intelligence and that leads me to believe he has a lot of contingency planning in place for possible or unforeseen incidents.  For example, what if he were to have a stroke or some sort of cardiac issue that incapacitates him, surely he has some very close assistants who could step in and carry the investigation forward. 

Another example is having someone higher up shut down the investigation.  I imagine he has enough to divulge which would compel a push for the reopening of the investigation.  He likes to keep his cards close to his vest, but if push came to shove he would divulge enough to keep the thing alive, even if it meant losing some of the surprise factor.