The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

There's not going to be any horse trading.  This is a gross attempt by Russia to directly dictate and use Trump to neutralize the function of our legal system in a criminal matter:

I’m telling you, she will be back in Russia before this is all over. 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m telling you, she will be back in Russia before this is all over. 

I think things are moving a lot faster than what will be needed for her to escape.

More evidence that the trigger is getting pulled on moves anticipated for many months:

So now, who's got Assange's back ?  Moving right along. 

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What about his base? Because you know, that’s all that matters.

And you’re right, Trump wasn’t a Snowden fan according to this 2014 tweet.

Well Donald, how do you feel about executing traitors?

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The base sees Snowden as a traitor.

This is false.  You have to remember, Trump’s base is Putin’s base.  They see Snowden as a patriot.  They see Assange as a benevolent actor too.  And regardless of what they feel now, Trump can spin Snowden anyway he wants and his base will follow.

40 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I think things are moving a lot faster than what will be needed for her to escape.

More evidence that the trigger is getting pulled on moves anticipated for many months:

So now, who's got Assange's back ?  Moving right along. 

I mentioned this yesterday. First it was RT, then Breitbart, and now Glenn Greenwald.  Nice company.

I’ll believe this when I see it.  Seems like Assange rumors have been going strong for a year.

This is false.  You have to remember, Trump’s base is Putin’s base.  They see Snowden as a patriot.  They see Assange as a benevolent actor too.  And regardless of what they feel now, Trump can spin Snowden anyway he wants and his base will follow.

This is ridiculous. All these farmers and blue collar workers who MAGA aren’t going to get on board with Snowden. Maybe the compromised President and congressmen, and fringe elements, but not the base.

44 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I am anti Trump and pro Snowden

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is ridiculous. All these farmers and blue collar workers who MAGA aren’t going to get on board with Snowden. Maybe the compromised President and congressmen, and fringe elements, but not the base.

They’ll think of Snowden whatever they’re told to think of him. Their opinions are a blank canvas on which the propagandists paint. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TornACL said:

There’s plenty of people on the left too that are pro Snowden... That’s why Trump pardoning him will play so well politically.  

Snowden is POS by the way.  He is free to return to the United States anytime he wants but nah, he’d rather be a propaganda weapon for Putin.

SnowdenDonaldTrumpMeme.jpg?resize=955,72

33 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Snowden is a traitor. He committed a treasonous act by releasing the information that he did. His betrayal to this country and the trust placed in him when he was granted his security clearance is unforgivable.

22 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Snowden is a traitor. He committed a treasonous act by releasing the information that he did. His betrayal to this country and the trust placed in him when he was granted his security clearance is unforgivable.

Snowden blew the whistle on gross 4th amendment violations and a government that was (and still does) target it's own citizenry with warrantless searches. Trump is a traitor and piece of shit, but Snowden at least put the American people's interest ahead of his own. 

His actions since whistleblowing are absolutely playing into Putin's hands, but I don't hold it against him that he divulged what he did

• Like 2

On 7/20/2018 at 3:33 PM, Gil Bang said:

I stopped reading it too.  I felt like a creep*. 

*And I have no problem watching 19 year old girls jam sharpies up their ass on reddit. 

You shouldn't feel bad about that. Madison discussed our right to enjoy such spectacles explicitly in one of the Federalist Papers. Except it was quills back then. 

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If this is true, why did he flee?

If he felt so righteous and justified in his whistleblowing, why did he run away? 

Uhhh because he knew the people he pissed off wouldn't see it the same way? 

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Snowden blew the whistle on gross 4th amendment violations and a government that was (and still does) target it's own citizenry with warrantless searches. Trump is a traitor and piece of shit, but Snowden at least put the American people's interest ahead of his own. 

His actions since whistleblowing are absolutely playing into Putin's hands, but I don't hold it against him that he divulged what he did

Snowden gave away tradecraft secrets about how we, the intelligence community, collect intelligence on foreign adversaries. That makes it harder for us to do our job of protecting Americans and our allies. You don't seem to have a firm grasp of how the laws governing the intelligence gathering process and for damned sure have no idea what actually takes place inside of an actual SCIF. In order for any American information to be disclosed to the analyst, they have to be unmasked. All American's information is marked from being analyzed as it isn't part of the mandate and charter of the organization. The only way an American can be unmasked is by submitting sufficient justification to do so through the proper courts. But this is NOT a common occurrence and the justification for any such unmasking has to be of the highest level.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Uhhh because he knew the people he pissed off wouldn't see it the same way? 

Because he felt he was above the law and didn’t want to be held accountable for what he knew was a crime.  The rules shouldn’t apply to him because he was “doing something good”.  He said “fuck America I’ll take my chances abroad and he wound up in Russia where there isn’t any free speech or due process.”

He’s a coward and driven by ego I’d speculate.

If he stayed and faced the music he’d probably have received a pardon on Obama’s way out.

Fuck him.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

No one here seriously thinks if Snowden had a sudden change of heart and decided he wanted to end his asylum in Russia and return to the US that Putin would just let him leave, do they? No, he is way more valuable to Putin where he's at and if you think the things Snowden released when he went rogue is all he's given to Russia, then you are really fucking naive.

5 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

No one here seriously thinks if Snowden had a sudden change of heart and decided he wanted to end his asylum in Russia and return to the US that Putin would just let him leave, do they? 

Well, Snowden says he’s free to travel if he wants and not being held captive.

Of course he’s probably full of shit as usual but we’ll have to take his word for it since that’s all we have.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well, Snowden says he’s free to travel if he wants and not being held captive.

Of course he’s probably full of shit as usual but we’ll have to take his word for it since that’s all we have.

I agree, that's all we have at this time. Which admittedly means a sum total of jack shit. He may believe he is free to leave at anytime, but that's just not Putin's MO. Putin knows that our intelligence community wants to get him back if nothing else than to debrief him and know exactly what he revealed to the Russians. So Putin is going to hold that card up his sleeve for a later time.

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

He’s an imbecile and is his own worst enemy. He’s going down in flames and it’s gojng to be glorious. 

It'll blow up because he doesn't give a shit about his base.  He'll eventually get around to telling them in a way that they'll understand.  

• Like 1

Just now, Mdhorn said:

It'll blow up because he doesn't give a shit about his base.  He'll eventually get around to telling them in a way that they'll understand.  

He will force them to make an appeal to faith, which you know his base will do because that is the only lens through which they observe reality. Unfortunately for them, when it comes to that way of thinking, there is literally nothing that can't be taken on faith if that is the only way one accepts as their pathway to truth.

5 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

He will force them to make an appeal to faith, which you know his base will do because that is the only lens through which they observe reality. Unfortunately for them, when it comes to that way of thinking, there is literally nothing that can't be taken on faith if that is the only way one accepts as their pathway to truth.

Bill collectors don't accept faith as compensation.