the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So basically Trump's legal team pulled a high school group project move:  "just fucking turn in the outline man, we don't have time to finish it.  We'll get partial credit and finish the rest before the class presentation."  I mean, I'm not judging.  This approach earned me two degrees from a pretty damn good college.  But it should never get you illegal control over the most powerful nation on Earth.  I mean, maybe a semester in control, but not four years.  

So to the best I can decipher it, and bearing in mind that trump's lawyers have filed cockamamie nonsense, they filed a notice for an emergency appeal of the PA District Court decision, which they want to be heard right away, and set a short briefing schedule, because of the certification deadline.  To do this you file a Notice of Appeal and specify what specifically you're appealing.  They earlier said they only wanted to appeal the denial of the opportunity to file a Second Amended Complaint, seeking to change what they were alleging before the trial court, and did not want to appeal the rest of it, including the dismissal of the existing complaint.  They basically wanted a do over on the entire litigation before Judge Brann.

Today, they said, no, actually we also want to appeal the dismissal of the First Amended Complaint. We think that was also a viable complaint and should not be dismissed.  And because of the timing issues, we only want until 4 pm today to file our papers, and to give the Commonwealth 24 hours to respond.

The Commonwealth is saying WTF.  What is being appealed?  We have 24 hours to write these papers, and we don't even know what trump is appealing or arguing.

Also, typically, when you file a Notice of Appeal, you have to state everything you are appealing.  You can't file a Notice of Appeal, and amend it later on to add new things you thought the trial court got wrong.  But trump's lawyers are trying to do just that, and the other side, is saying WTF, but worded more legalese sounding.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Right, but trump lawyers are taking these isolated mistakes and single ballot issues, removing the scale and commonness, and screaming about “discrepancies.”  And nobody yet is filling in the redacted information. 

And that’s all you need when you’re dealing with almost an entire party that has been taken over by Qanon.

15 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

So true. You need to put it in language they understand (e.g., tolerance limits). And even then it is hit or miss. 

csb/  Yeah, I got nervous once on a jury selection for a civil case.  Woman's mouth/jaw/throat was badly injured by a doctor (I think he was ortho, maybe periodontist, 15 years ago).  I decided not to pull my usual shit and just be an honest citizen, but still get out of it at the last minute using my radio voice.  So I make it through the first "round."  Next thing I know I'm flanked by two engineers.  And there's only like 20 of us left, and I'm thinking "Fucking great, these two assclowns are gonna over-analyze the shit out of this evidence in deliberation so they're getting cut loose next...couple other breaks go against me, and I'm a fucking alternate and stuck here for a month.  Defendant runs out of strikes and I'm sweating it.  and then you can tell what the plaintiff's counsel is doing---asking about our favorite foods, singing in church...without saying it directly-who would be sympathetic to someone who can't taste their favorite foods or sing in their choir?  Boom, assclown to my right saves the day during next round of questioning.  Turns out he's an audio engineer and feels bad when a musician can't perform at their peak vocals.  I'm dismissed minutes later. 

Moral of the story, don't automatically try to escape a conversation with someone who says they're an "engineer" or even dismiss them from your jury.  Because he might be a cool (and highly educated) audio engineer with fun stories at lunch break about doing blow with the Scabs and Steve the Pirate from 'Dodgeball' who took your spot on jury duty.  

back to Trump...how soon before that Appellate Court moves gets kicked up to SCOTUS? 

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

I liked that one commentator's argument that "hey, the law says you have to certify, but it doesn't say you can't order an audit." The number of things the law doesn't forbid them to do is infinite. That doesn't mean they have the power to do anything they want. 

I thought the same. The law doesn't specifically prevent them from declaring Biden or Trump president or life, so perhaps they could do that as well. 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

back to Trump...how soon before that Appellate Court moves gets kicked up to SCOTUS? 

That's a who the fuck knows, mainly because trump's lawyers have made such a hash of this.  They'll move this quickly because of the time constraints.  But yesterday Rudy said they wanted to file a Second Amended Complaint, which if the appeal is successful, would require them litigating the whole thing again before Judge Brann, then appealing to Third Circuit, and then going to SCOTUS, assuming they take cert.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I thought the same. The law doesn't specifically prevent them from declaring Biden or Trump president or life, so perhaps they could do that as well. 

Yeah, the law on public entities acting ultra vires (beyond their authority) is pretty much the same anywhere: a gov't body only has the power to do things that it has been EXPRESSLY granted the power to do.  If the statute creating the entity says "the board shall have the authority to examine the count, state the number of votes, and must certify the results," then that's all it can do.  It can't decree that the state ice cream is strawberry, parking fines shall double, or President Trump is the president of Michigan forever and ever amen.  It would be acting ultra vires if it did so.  

And further, when a body is given a ministerial duty with no discretion, it is acting outside its authority if it refuses/fails to take that action.

I presume that the right plaintiffs have a mandamus/injunction action against the board prepped and ready to go if they FAAFO.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, DigDug said:

35/36 failed cases. I'd be curious how much fucking money has been wasted on this. meanwhile literally millions of people are going hungry and getting kicked out of their homes. 1000 people a day die of covid. but this motherfucker wants to tie up the courts to fling shit. I will never understand this.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

35/36 failed cases. I'd be curious how much fucking money has been wasted on this. meanwhile literally millions of people are going hungry and getting kicked out of their homes. 1000 people a day die of covid. but this motherfucker wants to tie up the courts to fling shit. I will never understand this.

Nobody is getting paid.

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2020 at 11:36 PM, Superhero said:

WTF is REEEEEE? The sound a sheep makes when an aggy shoves his dick in its butt?

I watched a documentary about this the other day so I know.

Pepe the Frog was some dorky art guy's cartoon and Pepe was a cute little laid back stoner/surfer type frog.  4chan began using it in memes and then as a goof started trying to get Trump elected.  In the way that they do, the 4chan uber nerds kept upping the ante to get shock value so pepe became more and more nazi like and less and less sufter/stoner like over time in their memes.  This drew in the actual white nationalists who adopted Pepe as an actual white nationalist symbol.  While all this was going on, one of several of the memes being produced over there included REEEE as the word being yelled by cartoons that are being portrayed as screaming.  Then later someone found Youtube videos of actual frogs being picked up and screaming and it sounding a lot like REEEEE and so now REEEE has become a pepe the frog/white nationalist thing.

This documentary was on PBS like a month ago, it was pretty good, though I can't remember the name.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Here's the unsolvable problem.

The cult has bought into the infallibility of their God, of "trust the plan," 100%.  That viewpoint will accept NO outcome but total victory of Trump.  Anything other than that is because of cheating and servers in Frankfurt.  You can see this in their increasingly desperate and batshit rationalizations -- Sidney Powell not being on the legal team means that she's working for the military, and the military and Trump are working hand in hand, and the evidence will come out at SCOTUS, you'll see!

When all of these outlandish scenarios fail, when Biden is sworn in......what will these people do?

Will they accept that they were lied to, relentlessly, for years?  Meaning that they were marks, for years and years?

OR....will they conclude that the only reason they didn't turn out to be right was because the evil other side of baby-blood drinking pedophiles is SO evil that they managed to do the impossible, and win a battle against their god?  Yep, that's the winner.  That's where we're going.  We are going to end up with those people utterly committed to their insanity.

1 minute ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Nobody is getting paid.

I imagine many of the lawyers that raced to the contested states on Nov. 4th, soon realized that not only will they most likely never get paid, they were probably expected to pay their expenses out of pocket. It's probably why many of them went back home within a few days.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Here's the unsolvable problem.

The cult has bought into the infallibility of their God, of "trust the plan," 100%.  That viewpoint will accept NO outcome but total victory of Trump.  Anything other than that is because of cheating and servers in Frankfurt.  You can see this in their increasingly desperate and batshit rationalizations -- Sidney Powell not being on the legal team means that she's working for the military, and the military and Trump are working hand in hand, and the evidence will come out at SCOTUS, you'll see!

When all of these outlandish scenarios fail, when Biden is sworn in......what will these people do?

Will they accept that they were lied to, relentlessly, for years?  Meaning that they were marks, for years and years?

OR....will they conclude that the only reason they didn't turn out to be right was because the evil other side of baby-blood drinking pedophiles is SO evil that they managed to do the impossible, and win a battle against their god?  Yep, that's the winner.  That's where we're going.  We are going to end up with those people utterly committed to their insanity.

Certainly the latter, but they won't ever believe the Great Satan has defeated Dear Leader. They'll believe this "so-called loss" was actually intended by Dear Leader all along for some insane reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Certainly the latter, but they won't ever believe the Great Satan has defeated Dear Leader. They'll believe this "so-called loss" was actually intended by Dear Leader all along for some insane reason. 

Yeah.....dammit, I shoulda included that option.  The "continue the con" option is always the strongest.

geez. now we have MI "experts" that are claiming that because tabulation computers are on a network, they therefore must be connected to the internet.

I hope this board is only listening to interested parties that have been somewhat vetted, or this will devolve into "open comments to the city council" soon.

Assuming they get this "all-knowing and all-powerful" second amended complaint in by Thanksgiving.  That leaves them just ten "business/court" days until the EC is seated around the country.  11/30-12/11 (with one weekend in the middle there).  Surely no self-respecting court of any particular philosophical or political tilt is going to cobble together a rushed opinion on these matters the fucking weekend before the EC voters make their way to their state Capitols.  Trump's shitshow may operate like that but surely our federal judges have a little more tact and pride.  

As has been stated on this thread, yes we had a similar "rush job" in 2000 but that was a handful of counties in Florida and followed one very clear judicial "chain-of-command."  And they still barely got that decided on time.  This is a multiple-theater war being waged in WI, MI, PA, MN, GA, and possibly NV.  IN some places, it's still state court, in others its federal district, or federal appellate.  In some states it's with local election officials, in other places---it's that Secretary of State.  

I'll sit back and let you lawyers figure out the legal hurdles.  But as a logistics man by trade, I'm looking at a calendar, a map of the United States, and then a list of the people/courts involved in this.  I don't see how you get it wrapped in ten working days after Turkey Day.  The two Electors I know indicated that were further ordered by their state leadership to ignore any rumors that they will not be seated on 14 December.  And that they should continue with current travel plans especially given Covid-19 to get to the state Capitol to record their votes.  That any important legal news will be relayed to them by their state leadership but their charge is the same it has always been.  I can only assume electors in WI, MI, PA, MN, GA, and NV received something similar. 

I bring that up because, for all the shit we like to blame on the SCOTUS, I can't fathom them scrambling to decide on multiple appellate rulings from multiple circuits and getting it all hashed out and handing down a ruling on a Saturday while 538 electors are trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.  People need to head to Harrisburg or Atlanta or Carson City or Lansing or Madison knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are casting their vote according to their party's candidate having won their state's popular vote with absolutely zero reservation.  If there are lingering doubts, then neither party will stand down and you'll have 2x the number of EC voters (half from each party)  holding their dicks in their Capitol's rotunda while armed militia protest outside and lawyers scramble and Trump and Rudy give lawncare center speeches from down the road and our nation looks like a bumbling banana republic having it's first middle school class president election.  

Given what we know about the fucking lunatic kidnappers in Michigan...can you imagine 16 GOP EC voters and 16 Democrat EC voters show up in Lansing on 14 December.  Each ordered there by their states leadership (they were already chosen a long time ago and know the drill).  Lawyers and elected officials on both sides screaming at the Capitol Police to let them into the chamber to cast their votes, the Capitol Police confused by conflicting orders from a Democratic Governor and a Republican Speaker of the House Chatfield.  Then you've got 1000 Proud Boys armed to the teeth outside demanding their guys get to Vote for Trump or else?  So they open the House floor, let all 32 of them cast a vote and just sit on those two boxes for another 9 days until the President of the U.S. Senate and Federal Archivist receives them all.  They still receive conflicting information, though we know which box Pence would keep and which he would throw out.  Then the official floor objections would start in D.C. on 6 January and the counting done.  If conflicting sets of votes are received on the floor, it is up to the Governor of that state to certify which "set of votes" is to be counted for their state.  This could be an issue for a half-dozen states right now.  These protests should be horrifically epic. 

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

geez. now we have MI "experts" that are claiming that because tabulation computers are on a network, they therefore must be connected to the internet.

I hope this board is only listening to interested parties that have been somewhat vetted, or this will devolve into "open comments to the city council" soon.

let us know if someone appears with a boot or traffic cone on their head

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

His "evidence" was his strong suspicion that fraud could possibly occur, but he presented no evidence that fraud actually did occur. But he wants the results thrown out because something could have happened, not that something actually did happen.

Just now, Eastwood said:

His "evidence" was his strong suspicion that fraud could possibly occur, but he presented no evidence that fraud actually did occur. But he wants the results thrown out because something could have happened, not that something actually did happen.

he's expecting fraud because everything he has done to this point is fraudulent. everything about the man is predicated on cheating in one regard or another. so of course, since he's cheating, the other side must be as well. they may have been cheating, but not to the extent and not as demonstrably as he/his side has

6 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Do you know what the other win was (besides the PA observers' distance)?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2020/11/12/pennsylvania-judge-rules-in-favor-of-trump-campaign-orders-state-cant-count-some-ballots/?sh=7b6508d36c12

Second win was about curing ballots past a certain deadline. 

Pennsylvania state judge ruled Thursday in favor of the Trump campaign and ordered the state not to count some mail-in ballots that were missing proof of identification and cured during an extended deadline—but the ruling will not change the vote count as it currently stands and will not impact Joe Biden’s win in the state.

The Trump campaign and Republican National Committee filed a lawsuit last week challenging Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar’s decision to extend the deadline for voters to provide proof of identification if it was originally missing from their mail-in ballot (the deadline was extended from Nov. 9 to Nov. 12).

The Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court had previously ordered any ballots fixed during the extended deadline to be segregated as the case played out in court.

In a ruling Thursday, Judge Mary Hannah Leavitt said Boockvar “lacked statutory authority” to change the deadline, and said election officials are “enjoined from counting any ballots” that were cured during the extended deadline.

It is unclear how many ballots will be affected by the ruling, but the Philadelphia Inquirer projects the number is likely to be “small,” noting that Philadelphia County, the largest county in the state, only flagged 2,100 ballots that had identification issues.

They were already segregated and do not affect current win totals. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2020/11/12/pennsylvania-judge-rules-in-favor-of-trump-campaign-orders-state-cant-count-some-ballots/?sh=7b6508d36c12

Second win was about curing ballots past a certain deadline. 

They were already segregated and do not affect current win totals. 

It'd be like a team being behind by 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, demanding an instant reply on some inconsequential play, and then having the refs convene for a few minutes, returning a decision to take 3 seconds off the clock because the game clock didn't start on the snap.  It was quite the victory.  

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, the law on public entities acting ultra vires (beyond their authority) is pretty much the same anywhere: a gov't body only has the power to do things that it has been EXPRESSLY granted the power to do.  If the statute creating the entity says "the board shall have the authority to examine the count, state the number of votes, and must certify the results," then that's all it can do.  It can't decree that the state ice cream is strawberry, parking fines shall double, or President Trump is the president of Michigan forever and ever amen. 

BUT WHAT IF I PAY THERE CELERYS?????

Because it’s not 51%! It’s greater than 50%. Saying 51% leaves out an infinite number of possibilities that are more likely than not.

yeah yeah Book. I mean, you are correct - but not my point.

You could say greater than 60%. Same thing. Their brains demand more proof than that before they accept it as proven, and they will not follow the instructions that greater than 50...or 60....is enough.

39 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

35/36 failed cases. I'd be curious how much fucking money has been wasted on this. 

Well the attorneys/judges against Trump are spending little to no time because their case is so fucking pathetic.  And we know none of Trumps attorneys will get paid...so not much. 

43 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

don't forget the billions on top of this for commercials of hatred sent to opposing TV channels watched by people already funnelled into said channels. its fucking maddening. 

broken country with no moral compass is it. either that or maybe normal with large cancer growth. you take a pick i guess. i don't fucking understand it either man. 

23 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Sydney Powell is gonna get paid via donations, very probably for not doing jack shit. It appears there's a method to her madness. 

LOL, she will end up getting paid so much more than Rudy.  The idiot fucks up on so many levels, he actually makes this dumb bitch look smart.  Insane. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, she will end up getting paid so much more than Rudy.  The idiot fucks up on so many levels, he actually makes this dumb bitch look smart.  Insane. 

If you scroll down a bit, past the donations info part, there’s a contact section where you can put in a name, email, and message.