the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

18 minutes ago, The Dog said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/trump-fears-giuliani-and-other-biden-vote-challenge-lawyers-are-fools.html

“Trump fears Giuliani, other lawyers in Biden vote challenge are ‘fools that are making him look bad’”

Lulz @ cheeto worrying about "looking bad" when he's already public enemy #1 for the majority of this country. 

• Hook 'Em 2

i watched the first 20 minutes and it was clear the entire thing was staged.  the abstaining pub said nothing at all and the dem who did all the talking was way too calm when the talking pub twice repeated they wanted to hear from speakers.  everyone was way too calm and there was zero emotion for their to have actually been any real subtext of conflict.

as everyone postulated, for the stupid magatts, they feigned appearance of "process" and "hearing", knowing all they could do was certify, or adjourn and return to certify.

theater for the sheeple.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Moral of the story, don't automatically try to escape a conversation with someone who says they're an "engineer" or even dismiss them from your jury.  Because he might be a cool (and highly educated) audio engineer with fun stories at lunch break about doing blow with the Scabs and Steve the Pirate from 'Dodgeball' who took your spot on jury duty.  

Doing blow with the Scabs is about the only way I'd be interested in doing blow. 

21 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

It was actually 3-0. The other R abstained. Wouldn't even throw his name into the ring one way or the other as if it would spare him some heartache, but I'm afraid all he has managed to do with that is piss off everyone.

Every R that can vote against or abstain, while still staying within the law, is doing so.  I’m sure the gop meetings where it’s discussed who has to vote correctly and who can vote partisan are spirited, unless some positions are entirely secure. 

So the “legislatures appoint their own electors” plan is officially dead.  

The PA case actually pending before the Supreme Court only is about ballots mailed on time but arrived 3 days after Election Day, which were never counted. That “emergency” has been sitting for two weeks with no action. 

No other currently pending lawsuit has any prayer of changing the election results in one state, much less 3-4 states. 

So what are we doing here? Just grift on the way out?

I don’t but it’s about GA. Telling republicans in GA their votes don’t count won’t be a winning strategy. Especially where the senate candidates are attacking the republican governor and Secretary of State. They need regular republicans and not just Q Anon freaks. 

7 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Doing blow with the Scabs is about the only way I'd be interested in doing blow. 

How do you think their brass section, "The GrooveLine Horns" got their name?  It was like watching the three out-of-wedlock Hispanic sons of Karl Malden inhale all of Colombia between sets.  But alas, 'twas a simpler time in Austin.  

Don, Jr. would have fucking loved it.  

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

So the “legislatures appoint their own electors” plan is officially dead.  

The PA case actually pending before the Supreme Court only is about ballots mailed on time but arrived 3 days after Election Day, which were never counted. That “emergency” has been sitting for two weeks with no action. 

No other currently pending lawsuit has any prayer of changing the election results in one state, much less 3-4 states. 

So what are we doing here? Just grift on the way out?

I don’t but it’s about GA. Telling republicans in GA their votes don’t count won’t be a winning strategy. Especially where the senate candidates are attacking the republican governor and Secretary of State. They need regular republicans and not just Q Anon freaks. 

We're just fucking things up more for Biden and amplifying the delusional grievances and rage of Trumpers. Same as before. 

57 minutes ago, The Dog said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/trump-fears-giuliani-and-other-biden-vote-challenge-lawyers-are-fools.html

“Trump fears Giuliani, other lawyers in Biden vote challenge are ‘fools that are making him look bad’”

This is like the age old question/answer:

"Do these pants make my ass look fat?"

"No, your being fat makes your ass look fat."

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

It was actually 3-0. The other R abstained. Wouldn't even throw his name into the ring one way or the other as if it would spare him some heartache, but I'm afraid all he has managed to do with that is piss off everyone.

If you care to leave his family's business a google review: or yelp:https://www.yelp.com/biz/shinkles-flower-shop-temperance-2

image.thumb.png.bfab7fa313e39868e841be70328b705b.png

Edited by Beau Vine

52 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Profiles in Courage - Wikipedia

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

You know when an awesome time to apply for a TRO and temporary injunctive relief would have been?  When you filed the suit in the first place.

Oh, also, a TRO application etc. will typically include evidence, because you have to show that you're likely to win.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I feel like we're hours from Rudy throwing out the Chewbacca defense. And he'll do it just like that. "I declare the Chewbacca defense!" As hair dye drips off his nose and lands on his cheeseburger grease stained tie.  

I will not stand for you criticizing my choice of tie, good sir!

• Haha 1

This legal effort is such a fucking pathetic joke. 

Well at least the court systems still works well enough, even if a lot of judges now are republican assholes. They will just continue to do corporate America’s bidding which I guarantee you does not include some asshole like trump starting a civil war. 

All of you hysterics like brisket should simply ask yourself this question. Does corporate America want a civil war? If the answer is no,  it won’t happen. At least from all these right wing lunatics. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

God Bannon is just a dumb drunk nihilist shitbag. Anyone who ever thought of him as a mastermind vastly overrated his intellect. 

Manafort was always the brains behind Trump’s 2016 run.  I’m convinced of this, mostly because Manafort was paid millions of dollars a year to be a Russian agent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This legal effort is such a fucking pathetic joke. 

Well at least the court systems still works well enough, even if a lot of judges now are republican assholes. They will just continue to do corporate America’s bidding which I guarantee you does not include some asshole like trump starting a civil war. 

All of you hysterics like brisket should simply ask yourself this question. Does corporate America want a civil war? If the answer is no,  it won’t happen. At least from all these right wing lunatics. 

That makes sense.  Except for the contrary piece of evidence -- the GOP thought it could supercharge its engine by injecting it with support of a bunch of wingnuts.   And.....it turns out that the wingnuts ended up taking over the party.  Corporate America may think they have the GOP under control.....but they too signed up for the "yeah, let's build the party base on fucking racism and nuttery, what could go wrong?" plan.  Thinking that you can create the monster and keep control of it is a classic mistake.

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

yeah yeah Book. I mean, you are correct - but not my point.

You could say greater than 60%. Same thing. Their brains demand more proof than that before they accept it as proven, and they will not follow the instructions that greater than 50...or 60....is enough.

Yeah, this is a better description of engineers.

In the law, if all the proof is shitty, you have to decide whose proof is less shitty.  Engineers just want to say it's all shitty and I can't make a decision on this shit.