Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

23 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

i said "Texags."  not sure what other warning you need that clicking on that link is not for the faint of heart.  😀

Him, "She saved my life!

Me, "She saved your life?"

Him, "Yes, I had Aggie Cancer."

Me (grimacing and shaking fist), "Ag Cancer!" 

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

The easiest way to keep women impoverished and marginalized is to make them have children off schedule. This is the plan my dudes.

It's the state's fault that me and my fuck buddy fucked even though we don't want kids with each other and it wasn't even done in accordance with 'the schedule'! God damn party of death I tell you!

Edited by Lucid
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

40 minutes ago, Lucid said:

It's the state's fault that me and my fuck buddy fucked even though we don't want kids with each other and it wasn't even done in accordance with 'the schedule'! God damn party of death I tell you!

You sound like you get laid a lot.  

Abortion is a non issue for me, if a woman wants or needs one doesn't bother me at all. That is one less child growing up in the system or with parents who don't want them, cant afford them, single parent whatever home.

Not a supporter of government aka tax payer funded, let charitable organizations step up for that.

How many of these anti abortionist are anti vax? Your body your rights... hypocrites

Heres an idea, as a society we should snip all young men (vasectomy is reversible after all) until they have proven themselves financially and mentally prepared to have children. That would solve all these issues

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

There will be blowback from this, along with all the other republican bullshit in Texas from the suburban soccer moms and the intelligent republicans know it but can’t do anything to stop it. 

2022 in Texas is there for the taking for the dems. 

With what candidate? (Don't say Matthew McC)

Beto?

A Castro brother? They'd have to find their balls first and stick their neck out for a statewide run.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Smax said:

Heres an idea, as a society we should snip all young men (vasectomy is reversible after all) until they have proven themselves financially and mentally prepared to have children. That would solve all these issues

Yeah that’s totally realistic.

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

With what candidate? (Don't say Matthew McC)

Beto?

A Castro brother? They'd have to find their balls first and stick their neck out for a statewide run.

Either Castro would be a flop. Beto is a two time loser.

Just get Kinky or Strayhorn to run.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

There will be blowback from this, along with all the other republican bullshit in Texas from the suburban soccer moms and the intelligent republicans know it but can’t do anything to stop it. 

2022 in Texas is there for the taking for the dems. 

Anyone that was ever going to leave the Republican party would have done so on January 6. If someone says this is the last straw for them, they're a liar.

1 hour ago, Smax said:

Yep.  I'd have put some provisions in that bill that mom's can lower the boom, financially, on the dude who contributed the sperm. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My wife's OBGYN wouldn't even see her until 8 weeks because typically finding a heartbeat before then is unreliable.  The thought that abortion is now illegal before we could even book our FIRST appointment with a doctor is just so fucking batshit.

You can detect a heartbeat in an ectopic pregnancy. Just wait until women (and fetuses) start dying because of it.
  • Rage+1 1

The biggest issue is that we have a very root and fundamental disconnect and disagreement between people who believe abortion is not murder, but a minor operation to remove an unwanted growth in their body, and a people who believe that abortion is murder, killing a soul, something that has been in existence for all time, and manifested as a human blessing from a higher power. Not something to selfishly trifle about even if the facts are that most unwanted child births would make their communities and neighborhoods and adjacent societies better because outside of the rare feel good story, they are invariably not raised by people we would call good parents who should be responsible for bringing up a child. And the costs of welfare and crime and everything else would be reduced, so there are definitely selfish reasons that are compelling to all, regardless your belief.

Once you get into spiritual and theoretical matters, you lose people who aren’t able to conceive or conceptualize beyond the literal demands in front of their nose and whose beliefs fail to launch beyond the very terrestrial limitations of observable scientific experimentations.

It’s complicated and messy and difficult because to change means to change other people’s hearts and minds. It’s not efficient, for either side.

So that leaves us very frustrated and sad, no matter which side we land on, and it divides us.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

fw11kk96zwk71.png

Those are funny.

What about this old chestnut:

”Government should demand and mandate people get vaccinations, people don’t get a choice about what goes in their body!” By people who are pro-abortion under the reasoning of choice of what to do with your own body?

That seems comically inconsistent and something that would be a funny meme or Twitter screengrab. Got one of those on hand, too? Lol

13 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

The biggest issue is that we have a very root and fundamental disconnect and disagreement between people who believe abortion is not murder, but a minor operation to remove an unwanted growth in their body, and a people who believe that abortion is murder, killing a soul, something that has been in existence for all time, and manifested as a human blessing from a higher power.

You nailed the pro-choice position.  They all think it's minor, just a growth, no mental anguish - hell, no mental stress at all.

That's why pro-choicers feel that the decision should be made by a woman, and her doctor, and her loved ones, rather than Greg Abbott.  Because it's such an easy fucking decision, and after they can all get Starbucks.

(I know you are hopefully just being a bit careless with your words, but if your characterization of the argument is at best, pretty unforgivably sloppy.)

Edited by tantric superman
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Since I just gave someone a hard time about getting one side of the argument wrong, as strongly as I'm pro-choice, I think the clever tweets that try to equate link mask liberty and abortion liberty reflect exactly why the Dems aren't going to win back Texas.  And that's even taking into consideration that not wearing a mask may indeed kill someone.

Need to take each issue on its own merits to maintain credibility. I

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Smax said:

That would exclude most of the white middle class, so we won't be doing that.

38 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

The biggest issue is that we have a very root and fundamental disconnect and disagreement between people who believe abortion is not murder, but a minor operation to remove an unwanted growth in their body, and a people who believe that abortion is murder, killing a soul, something that has been in existence for all time, and manifested as a human blessing from a higher power. Not something to selfishly trifle about even if the facts are that most unwanted child births would make their communities and neighborhoods and adjacent societies better because outside of the rare feel good story, they are invariably not raised by people we would call good parents who should be responsible for bringing up a child. And the costs of welfare and crime and everything else would be reduced, so there are definitely selfish reasons that are compelling to all, regardless your belief.

Once you get into spiritual and theoretical matters, you lose people who aren’t able to conceive or conceptualize beyond the literal demands in front of their nose and whose beliefs fail to launch beyond the very terrestrial limitations of observable scientific experimentations.

It’s complicated and messy and difficult because to change means to change other people’s hearts and minds. It’s not efficient, for either side.

So that leaves us very frustrated and sad, no matter which side we land on, and it divides us.

When it comes to making laws, we should probably stop listening to people who base policy on mythology.

• Hook 'Em 8

17 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

It’s already too late. No one wants to admit it yet.

This.

But you know, thank goodness some very smart brained people voted for Ralph Nader in 2000 and Gary Johnson/Jill Stein/stayed home in 2016.  Imagine the horrors if Al Gore and Hillary were elected.

No Iraq/Afghanistan
No Roberts/Alito/Kavanaugh/Gorsuch/ACB

Edited by Js1
  • Rage+1 5