COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Tell me where I'm wrong.

You know that the American people, collectively, are fatally stupid.  We're just watching it play out in real time.  Pour a glass and watch along with me.

You are wrong. Any percentage of kids getting vaccinated will slow the spread of disease. Even if only 25% of parents decided to vaccinate their children, that would be infinitely better than the 0% we are seeing today.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Chocolate chip cookies are safe as well. They’ve been around for a long time. There is as much level one evidence that chocolate chip cookies prevent and treat Covid 19 as there is for ivermectin. I think I’ll stick with the cookies 

Yeah but can you get them at Tractor Supply in apple flavor?

Checkmate, birtch.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dcbc said:

Yeah.  But unfortunately, it'd be more effective if Ted Neugent and Kid Rock with Skynard as the backing band featuring Mike Lindell on tambourine wrote a song about the importance of vaccination for COVID19.

While it's a funny joke, vaccine rates among minorities is very low, perhaps lower than the trumpkins

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Israel remains the outlier. 

9 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Interesting because the Israeli numbers were much lower.

How far apart were each country’s Pfizer shots administered in bulk?  Also, did both countries perform second shot the same amount of time after the first?

to clarify there are two questions. When Israel began administering shots vs when England began, and then also the time between doses. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How far apart were each country’s Pfizer shots administered in bulk?  Also, did both countries perform second shot the same amount of time after the first?

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Makes me continue to think timing of the shots has a lot to do with it

Yep, it seems like that really has to be part of the issue. From the NEJM report on the UK data: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891

In the United Kingdom, vaccination was initially prioritized for older adults, caregivers, and health and social care workers, with subsequent rollout to persons in clinical risk groups and younger-age cohorts.5 At an early stage of the rollout, a policy decision, based on advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation, was made to use an extended administration interval of up to 12 weeks in order to maximize the number of vulnerable persons receiving the first dose during the second wave of the pandemic in the context of constraints on vaccine supply and delivery.6

Edited by Anastasis

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Again.....understand that a large percentage of America thinks that you're full of shit, COVID is fake, vaccines don't work or help, and in fact, they're causing COVID, which is fake, by the way, and the stories about hospital capacity are part of the Deep State's carefully orchestrated plan to lie to us.

They don't care about your kid, mine, or anyone else's.  They simply bathe in their psychosis, and grin.

I think the current marriage of covid is fake but vaccines are causing covid is that the initial covid was fake, a plandemic, to get us to mass “vaccination”, in which the drug administered is actually the antigen that is creating the disease, being called delta variant but really is the first actual virus during this ordeal- and ivermectin and hcq will knock it right out. 

tail wagging dog kind of deal now. 

11 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Im sincerely sorry. Dealing with some possible cancer issues myself. Fuck Covid whatever variant. It came from a place and I would like to hunt the down and kill them. My feelings on the matter. Sorry about your wife m. No doubt a bad ass.

She is.  7 years cancer free in a few months, but chemo does a number on the immune system and her wbc count hasn't bounced back to where it was before by any stretch.  Hope your possible cancer issues turn out to be neither cancer nor issues.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

While it's a funny joke, vaccine rates among minorities is very low, perhaps lower than the trumpkins

Yeah.  From the UT Health dashboard, which admittedly has a very small sample size on case count (as opposed death count) demographic breakdown, it appears that compared to the ethnic breakdown of the state as a whole, the Black population is overperforming by about 5.5% at getting COVID (18.4% of cases vs. 12.9% of the population).  On the other hand, the Latino population is getting COVID on par with its population in the state as a whole (about 40%).  But Latinos are overperforming when it comes to COVID deaths (46.2%).  The white population is performing on par in both getting COVID and dying from it (40% +/- 1%).

What does this tell us about the ethnic breakdown of vaccinations.  Very little, unfortunately.  This data is from March 2020--August 6, 2021.  So plenty of time pre-vaccine.  It also doesn't consider socioeconomic issues with access to healthcare and likelihood that you will go to the doctor if you're sick.  Just like my previous post made fun of stereotypes of some white people, the kernel of truth in a stereotype may apply to other ethnic groups when it comes to willingness to be vaccinated, mistrust of government, access to healthcare, and mistrust of healthcare.  The apprehension is odd to me, but that's all to say that I realize that it's not all coming from the spreadnecks.  But I still like to lay blame with them because their purported rationales are the most irritating to me.

But I find the numbers interesting .

Under the demographics tab.

https://sph.uth.edu/dept/bads/covid19-dashboard

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

Grady (Atlanta’s largest public hospital) reaches capacity:

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/grady-hospital-reaches-full-capacity-as-delta-variant-surges.amp?taid=61180bb1ced6e0000176244f&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

"The people who are coming in are primarily unvaccinated. There are very few vaccinated people but we have had some people admitted who were vaccinated but most of them had not received both doses or just started the vaccine sequence," Jansen said.

12 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

"The people who are coming in are primarily unvaccinated. There are very few vaccinated people but we have had some people admitted who were vaccinated but most of them had not received both doses or just started the vaccine sequence," Jansen said.

And I have people still arguing that it's mostly vaccinated in our hospitals. Even doctors (obviously not ones that work in hospitals).

• Rage+1 2

Hmm.  Both of the kids my 11-year-old was hanging out with the last couple days (also 11) have gotten/ were just going to get their Covid shots.

I sure as fuck would feel better about things if my whole family was vaxxed but feel like I should wait it out since he's a "young" 11 -- no signs of puberty, and has a late May birthday. Grrrr.   But, I'm being sent back into the office on Tuesday (yes the first day of school is the day they thought appropriate) along with the other 80+ of us for no specific reason other than we're run by Republicans I guess? I don't know why they can't delay it. I do know I'mma be sitting in my office with the door closed to the extent possible, mask on, and anyone who wants to communicate with me can do it by email. So, no actual need for me to be there vs. being remote. 

Hating the shit out of life right about now. 

5 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Hmm.  Both of the kids my 11-year-old was hanging out with the last couple days (also 11) have gotten/ were just going to get their Covid shots.

I sure as fuck would feel better about things if my whole family was vaxxed but feel like I should wait it out since he's a "young" 11 -- no signs of puberty, and has a late May birthday. Grrrr.   But, I'm being sent back into the office on Tuesday (yes the first day of school is the day they thought appropriate) along with the other 80+ of us for no specific reason other than we're run by Republicans I guess? I don't know why they can't delay it. I do know I'mma be sitting in my office with the door closed to the extent possible, mask on, and anyone who wants to communicate with me can do it by email. So, no actual need for me to be there vs. being remote. 

Hating the shit out of life right about now. 

If you have your own office and, generally, can avoid people, you'll be fine.  Mask up outside of your office and don't sweat it too much.  I've been back in the office since last June.  Similar situation.  Could be remote easily, but run by [cough, cough].

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Kids get sick. It’s what they do. They have horrible hygiene habits and the only thing they’re good at sharing is germs. They’ve been shacked up away from everything for a year or more, so their immune systems have been inhibited greatly and now they’re being challenged. Do what you can but don’t sweat the shit you can’t control.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

All I know is that you dig fireworks and that makes u a cool poster in my book. Sorry for shitting on this thread. I have a bunch of tests on Monday to determine what’s wrong with me (physical shit not mental—that would be a hat trick) and I made a decision if it’s cancer I’m not going to fight it. Someone will come along and delete my posts I’m guessing. I still don’t understand why I can’t be pissed off at the Chinese government? 23 of the cities contributing to climate change are in China? As if China wasn’t in lockstep with Russia? If the virus originated from Alabama? We couldn’t be pissed? 

If it is cancer, fight it. Fight it with everything you have. Fuck cancer. Don't let it win

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Neither do I. But I understand having more information is almost always better than not.  Like across the board, for any problem you are ever trying to solve, ever. 

Well, we agree.

But the ‘almost’ is quite the large exception. I don’t think I have the slightest clue about the origins of the virus. Or if it was created by lab techs as bright as Aggy bonfire engineers. Or if it was in any way possible to have obtained that info. Or whether the Aggy China teams’ input would have helped in any way (had they spoken to the Pfizer vaccine creation team).

You seemed like you had already made some pretty firm assumptions on those issues. Maybe I mis-read you. I was day drinking. And I am an asshole. And this is Surly.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

You seemed like you had already made some pretty firm assumptions on those issues. Maybe I mis-read you. I was day drinking. And I am an asshole. And this is Surly.

No, I don’t know where it came from. I have some thoughts on it but they don’t mean fuck all.  I think we got cross threaded somewhere.  I was only making the simple statement that I hope (and think there most likely is) ALOT of looking into where this developed. Even if it was just a ‘boom act of God’ would still be great to know as much about it as possible.  I wasn’t at all suggesting it should get in the way of research, or implementation of, the cure/vaccine.  I’m vaccinated, still wear my mask a lot, and take this shit very serious.  I’ve got three kids too young to get the current vaccine and school just started.  I’m barely even fucking sleeping at night. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

If it is cancer, fight it. Fight it with everything you have. Fuck cancer. Don't let it win

Not to derail the thread, but I was going to say something similar and was about to message you.  You may have your reasons, and I'm not trying to get into your business, but oftentimes, you can beat it.  And as bad as it is to go through treatment, you are worthy of having more time, and the balance of suck to benefit, in my personal experience vis a vis my wife's experience between treatment and time on the other side of treatment still weighs heavily toward treatment.  Make the decision that is best for you, of course, and all the best to you whatever you decide.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Let us know how we can help. I know you live near me. We're a community, and I am willing to help any way I can

Just thoughts and prayers. And you are awesome.  I’m scared shitless of tests and facing two huge ones Monday and hoping and praying for kidney stones. No shit. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Just thoughts and prayers. And you are awesome.  I’m scared shitless of tests and facing two huge ones Monday and hoping and praying for kidney stones. No shit. 

We're here. DM me if you need anything. This shit sucks, but if you're willing, you'll be shocked at how many people want to help. Keep your head up, and conquer this.

Then we can watch our horns win another championship. Hook 'em

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I see stories like this and have a hard time feeling any sympathy. Mostly just anger. They have a go fund me setup to help pay for their dumbassedness. If only there was a way to prevent this in the first place...

https://www.wbrz.com/news/husband-intubated-stuck-in-mexico-wife-trying-to-find-him-a-way-home/

They already had COVID once before and they end up getting it again and the dad is in the hospital this time. All unvaccinated. I guess this is some proof that getting it once doesn’t mean you don’t need the vaccine.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

You seem like you are young enough to come out swinging.  This last year plus has beaten us all down psychologically, fight through that shit and tackle whatever is put in front of you.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Hook 'Em 1