Jump to content

COVID-19 vaccine discussion


Texas Jeff

Recommended Posts

Guest Lobo
45 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Good vaccine talk. 

Hey, Colonel Cement started the talk of his brave stand...not us.  The dozens of posts that followed are merely intended to acknowledge his brave and patriotic sacrifice.  

All gave some, some gave all.  And Cement shouted on reddit.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Good, continue wearing if you like.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-18/mask-mandate-for-planes-trains-overturned-by-florida-judge

Bloomberg) -- A federal judge in Florida overturned the U.S. government mask mandate on public transportation, dealing a blow to the Biden administration as fights continue nationwide over policies tied to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are still, nationwide, about 3k dying per week. Does anyone have any info on who is driving these deaths? Are they fat/old unvaccinated? Fat/old vaccinated? Immunocompromised?

Edited by statsman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, statsman said:

There are still, nationwide, about 3k dying per week. Does anyone have any info on who is driving these deaths? Are they fat/old unvaccinated? Fat/old vaccinated? Immunocompromised?

Username doesnt check out.

where did you get 3k?

More like about 400.

COVID Data Tracker Weekly Review | CDC

Deaths

The current 7-day moving average of new deaths (409) has decreased 15.7% compared with the previous 7-day moving average (486). As of April 13, 2022, a total of 984,744 COVID-19 deaths have been reported in the United States.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cement said:

Username doesnt check out.

where did you get 3k?

More like about 400.

COVID Data Tracker Weekly Review | CDC

Deaths

The current 7-day moving average of new deaths (409) has decreased 15.7% compared with the previous 7-day moving average (486). As of April 13, 2022, a total of 984,744 COVID-19 deaths have been reported in the United States.

What number do you get when you multiply 486 x 7? The 7-day moving average is the “daily” average of seven days. 

  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TBH, I don’t know if a seasonal component has been determined for Covid, like it has for the flu (cases concentrated in winter). Right now, mid April, flu cases are expected to be waning. I have no idea what should be the case for Covid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, statsman said:

What number do you get when you multiply 486 x 7? The 7-day moving average is the “daily” average of seven days. 

My bad - thought that was the weekly total.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:


So you are offering your thoughts on appropriate Covid policies and protocols while not knowing if 400 or 3000 is the current weekly death toll? Cool.

Eh.  400, 3000, 10000...don't matter.  We have had vaccines since Jan 2021 - since then all covid protocols should be terminated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cement said:

Eh.  400, 3000, 10000...don't matter.  We have had vaccines since Jan 2021 - since then all covid protocols should be terminated.

I mean, we haven't had them widely available since anywhere near Jan 2021 for one. For two, uptake hasn't been what it should be, largely because a certain tribe literally refuses to stop spreading brainwashed bullshit about the vaccines. For three, we live in a society with finite resources, so no we can't just have sustained deaths at a certain level, due not only to the obvious human toll, but the strain on the overall healthcare infrastructure.  This isn't new information. 

I'm not arguing against the mask mandate being lifted with this, but I am saying if you aren't paying attention to the overall landscape, and/or don't care about the healthcare system or its employees, that you should sit out the discussions while grownups talk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

I mean, we haven't had them widely available since anywhere near Jan 2021 for one. For two, uptake hasn't been what it should be, largely because a certain tribe literally refuses to stop spreading brainwashed bullshit about the vaccines. For three, we live in a society with finite resources, so no we can't just have sustained deaths at a certain level, due not only to the obvious human toll, but the strain on the overall healthcare infrastructure.  This isn't new information. 

I'm not arguing against the mask mandate being lifted with this, but I am saying if you aren't paying attention to the overall landscape, and/or don't care about the healthcare system or its employees, that you should sit out the discussions while grownups talk. 

One of the reasons I'm for doing away w/ masks....more dead idiots.  

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
forgot I was on snowflake thread
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

I'm not arguing against the mask mandate being lifted with this, but I am saying if you aren't paying attention to the overall landscape, and/or don't care about the healthcare system or its employees, that you should sit out the discussions while grownups talk. 

truth be told, no I haven't been keeping up with the latest case counts and hospitalizations and deaths.  I haven't for over a year and nobody in my family or circle of friends who have been vaxxed have gotten sick.  Covid's over and if you don't want to get vaxxed that's on you.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do not go on LinkedIN today unless you want to be bombarded with business travelers taking selfies of pudgy faces with some variation of "wow so blessed and glad to be on a plane without a mask for the first time in I can't remember how long #businesstravel"

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

I mean, we haven't had them widely available since anywhere near Jan 2021 for one. For two, uptake hasn't been what it should be, largely because a certain tribe literally refuses to stop spreading brainwashed bullshit about the vaccines. For three, we live in a society with finite resources, so no we can't just have sustained deaths at a certain level, due not only to the obvious human toll, but the strain on the overall healthcare infrastructure.  This isn't new information. 

I'm not arguing against the mask mandate being lifted with this, but I am saying if you aren't paying attention to the overall landscape, and/or don't care about the healthcare system or its employees, that you should sit out the discussions while grownups talk. 

What should have happened was the unvaccinated should have had their health insurance costs jacked up to whatever the numbers said that they as a group were costing in the healthcare system. I mean, this is generally how insurance works, The riskier groups get charged. If they couldn't do that, they should have jacked everybody's health insurance up and gave huge discounts to those that got vaccinated.

  • Hook 'Em 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, po elvis said:

What should have happened was the unvaccinated should have had their health insurance costs jacked up to whatever the numbers said that they as a group were costing in the healthcare system. I mean, this is generally how insurance works, The riskier groups get charged. If they couldn't do that, they should have jacked everybody's health insurance up and gave huge discounts to those that got vaccinated.

This, this, so much this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so is there still a vax mandate for federal contractors?  i work for a large multinational corp that does business with federal agencies and i remember the reason they gave for requiring employees to get vaxxed was the federal mandate.  We have worked from home for last 2 years so it has not even mattered.  but now we are supposed to go in a min of 2 days a week.  This one person i work with i guess refused to get vaxxed and is now on double secret probation and is not allowed to work, even from home.  I guess they are trying to figure out how to let them go and not get sued later or something.

I know my company can require or not require people to get vaxxed at their discretion but was curious if the federal mandate is still in effect or has any time limit/expiration date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, po elvis said:

What should have happened was the unvaccinated should have had their health insurance costs jacked up to whatever the numbers said that they as a group were costing in the healthcare system. I mean, this is generally how insurance works, The riskier groups get charged. If they couldn't do that, they should have jacked everybody's health insurance up and gave huge discounts to those that got vaccinated.

And then we jack up insurance rates for the obese and the non compliant diabetics and those who don’t eat leafy green vegetables five times a week or don’t exercise. I’m all for it bc Americans only respond to their pocketbooks for health stimuli but it’s a slippery slope you aren’t prepared to go down. The AHA put a stop that anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Newdoc said:

And then we jack up insurance rates for the obese and the non compliant diabetics and those who don’t eat leafy green vegetables five times a week or don’t exercise. I’m all for it bc Americans only respond to their pocketbooks for health stimuli but it’s a slippery slope you aren’t prepared to go down. The AHA put a stop that anyway.

image.gif.4e3b37f2a28cefbb57911d7a9c414823.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...