Markets still falling like whoa

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

It’ll be real fucking ugly when all of this shit unravels.  Like 2-3x worse than ‘08/9.  It’ll speed up the student loan debt bomb and all hit simultaneously.   We could see a 60-75% pullback in the market with a major black swan event.   

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

It’ll be real fucking ugly when all of this shit unravels.  Like 2-3x worse than ‘08/9.  It’ll speed up the student loan debt bomb and all hit simultaneously.   We could see a 60-75% pullback in the market with a major black swan event.   

youre invited to our next party

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

buy the dip, buy the dip, buy the dip

Now say it!!!

GIF the wolf of wall street - animated GIF on GIFER

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

My body is ready.  (I have a generator.)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m not a bear by any stretch, I’m just a realist.  

everybody thinks they are a realist - the bear, the bull, the stagflation, the cryptoguys, the preppers, hell even the aggy thinks they are realists, FOMO & TINAs, everybody invests because they think they see the financial landscape through a realistic vision....and one or more might be partially correct, the lucky one might even be close. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m not a bear by any stretch, I’m just a realist.  

i've been a realist since 25k. and i have been wrong (at least timing wise). 

and the beat rolls on.

the best thing would be a good recession IMO. take the needed pain. but hey maybe we weimar it up dawg and wipe asses with cashes

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/10/2021 at 1:29 PM, Blotto said:

that would give Rivian a market cap roughly equal to Ford, who reported $127B in sales last year. But we all know how this works, if they are seeking a valuation of $50B it will probably be at $100B by the end of the first day. 

Stop.The.Madness.

You called this pretty good.  $100B eob yesterday after the IPO.  Up 22% today.  Anyone get in on this?

Anyone else seeing individual names in their portfolio get killed while the broader market doesn't flinch? The clip below describes my stuff perfectly, although I'm in the bigger, less speculative names (or so I thought!)

7 minutes ago, swraith said:

the Rivian valuation/market cap is mind blowing

It really is. Rivian has a contract with Amazon for 100K electric vans, presumably spread out over a couple of years. they also hope to sell their EV pickup truck to the mass market starting at ~$70K. 

Meanwhile, Ford sold about 4 million vehicles worldwide last year and even with the covid shock and supply chain interruptions has a TTM net income of $2.8B.They will be selling the F-150 lightening starting at ~$40K. The reviews I think are generally favorable, although who knows how it will stack up to the rivian.

Yet, Rivian has a market cap approx twice that of Ford. Even funnier is that Ford owns about $12% of Rivian, making their investment worth $15Billion, which is equivalent to about 20% of Fords market cap. Crazy times with all of this money floating around.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

well this sucks.

Anything in particular?

As a V/MA/PYPL holder, the past month has been... interesting. PayPal has lost 25% (!) in a month on... nothing? Visa/Mastercard dove on Amazon UK saying they are not going to accept V cards. At least that I can understand. It's not sinking me because I am most in index funds, but if they even were flat for the past month I'd be doing much, much, much better.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

27 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Anything in particular?

As a V/MA/PYPL holder, the past month has been... interesting. PayPal has lost 25% (!) in a month on... nothing? Visa/Mastercard dove on Amazon UK saying they are not going to accept V cards. At least that I can understand. It's not sinking me because I am most in index funds, but if they even were flat for the past month I'd be doing much, much, much better.

They're not accepting virgins? It must be pretty bad there.

Very weird market. Seems like a lot of stocks are seeing massive drawdowns, yet somehow the indexes are fine. Case in point -- the S&P was down 0.3%. All my individual holdings were down huge. And this is a portfolio of highly profitable, $100B+ market cap stuff.

Even despite index funds being 70% of my stuff, I was down about four times what the broader market saw. Couldn't pick stocks as bad as these have been for the past month if I even tried. 

12 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Very weird market. Seems like a lot of stocks are seeing massive drawdowns, yet somehow the indexes are fine. Case in point -- the S&P was down 0.3%. All my individual holdings were down huge. And this is a portfolio of highly profitable, $100B+ market cap stuff.

Story for atleast the past year.  Market churns from sector to sector, one day its financials staying strong and tech taking a hit, next day its small cap growth while materials get hammered, etc.  Im not quick or lucky enough to play that game, so starting to lean away more and more from individual equities and playing the indexes and index-vols

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Story for atleast the past year.  Market churns from sector to sector, one day its financials staying strong and tech taking a hit, next day its small cap growth while materials get hammered, etc.  Im not quick or lucky enough to play that game, so starting to lean away more and more from individual equities and playing the indexes and index-vols

Same here. 

On 11/10/2021 at 8:50 PM, Trey3216 said:

tumblr_inline_ozh58q0znk1v4fp6z_500.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

Todays Turkey rally kicked ass. A little bear trap in the morning and then strength the rest of the day. 

Historically the market goes strong to close the year, so hopefully we have a nice Santa rally as well. 

Im buying the dips and short-selling any VIX spikes

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Todays Turkey rally kicked ass. A little bear trap in the morning and then strength the rest of the day. 

Historically the market goes strong to close the year, so hopefully we have a nice Santa rally as well. 

Should be good plan, seasonality shows strength until Dec 6th for Santa rally, then chop. 

On 11/24/2021 at 10:20 PM, Lobwedgephil said:

Should be good plan, seasonality shows strength until Dec 6th for Santa rally, then chop. 

On 11/24/2021 at 3:28 PM, 52-80 said:

About that…

• Like 1