Markets still falling like whoa

33 minutes ago, Skipper said:

The only thing that is making me consider establishing a long position at this point is concern the govt. flat out shuts down the markets until things stabilize.  And we clearly have no idea what the outlook would be when it reopened if that were to happen.

If the gov shuts down the markets until things stabilize, you don't want to be long.  It seems like you would want to be, but you won't.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If the gov shuts down the markets until things stabilize, you don't want to be long.  It seems like you would want to be, but you won't.

Probably right.  And to be clear, I'm only considering starting a small position.  Not considering going all in.

55 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

yeah, the Philippines tried that for 2 days and opened up down 24%.

If anyone was watching CNBC after the press conference they had a fucking former tennis pro and at home trader on giving his opinion on markets.  Might as well just pull quotes from this thread.  Totally irresponsible.  He thinks 12.5k or 10k Dow possible based on nothing than his second serve I guess.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

If anyone was watching CNBC after the press conference they had a fucking former tennis pro and at home trader on giving his opinion on markets.  Might as well just pull quotes from this thread.  Totally irresponsible.  He thinks 12.5k or 10k Dow possible based on nothing than his second serve I guess.  

hey that's the immortal BRAD GILBERT former tennis pro, home trader, and coach to the stars to you.

Edited by gsoda3

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

CNBC has put some really stupid people on TV during this week...  Some of these idiots are stirring shit up while they are buying at the same time.

Really Irresponsible Bullshit !!!

2 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

christmas vacation GIF

NYC (biggest city in US) and California (largest state economy with the 2nd largest city in US) both on lockdown.

I think it can go lower .... but that isn’t advice, just my hunch.

Yeah. It was a shitty hot take in which my emotions got the best of me. I’m ready to go long on some of those. I think my entry point may be (a presumptive) national shelter-in-place announcement or a similar critical mass at the state level. 

Edited by The People’s Elbow

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

Nothing but chop chop chop, churn and burn today.  There is no clear direction which can mean an inflection point is near.  Or we fall down the elevator shaft, or we shoot straight to the moon.  I think that about covers it, that'll be $9.99.

Great analysis, truly insightful, absolutely gets right to where the market is today.

I'd like to subscribe - can you make change? All I have is a treefiddy $bill.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:07 AM, Harrison Stafford said:

Back in SOXS at $28.39.  The market’s not as volatile today, so it may take a few days to get to $33.  If it’s running, will hold for the rise to the mid 30’s.

Sold SOXS at $30 and made money.  Had hoped for more but you have to manage the trade.  Managing losing trades is much more important than managing winners.

• Like 1

Just now, Wally Fairway said:

I would like to thank the Fed for this opportunity to buy puts at a better price....though I have a couple loaded, I'm having trouble pushing the buy it now button

No kidding on no conviction right now.  I'm going to hold off on that SOXL buy (so it will go straight to $100 Monday, everyone else enjoy) because there is absolutely no edge right now.  Overall direction is obviously down, but too easy to get shooked out at the moment.

16 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

I hate to say it, man, but that’s not how I’m not tomorrow play out. I think NY and California closing down are already priced in, and unless something bizarre and unforeseen occurs, I actually think tomorrow’s market will be relatively boring. 

Wasn't surprised.  Cratered at the end.  Cha-Ching

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Still think it’s headed to 2000.  Until it hits I’m staying on the sidelines.  I’m overall down about 15 percent from the highs because I left some in pimco funds and in a black rock balanced fund.  The carnage is hard to watch.

Been saying this forever.  The hospitals will finally be overflowing this weekend.  I'm not trying to be crass...it's just been very obvious to anyone on the inside that this was coming.  Just a matter of when.  I really feel that is when we go 2k and below - well that and the unemployment numbers coming out.  2000 seems very much a when, not an if to me.  Either way, I'm waiting until that number OR real progress w the virus to put a cent back in. 

• Like 1

I used to have 2000 as my beginning entry spot but I thought it would take a couple of more months to get there. We wont even know the effectiveness of the quarentine effort for another couple of weeks, and it better be encouraging because we could be at 2000 by the end of next week. I'm not expecting it, but it wouldnt shock me. Fucking crazy times indeed.

26 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I used to have 2000 as my beginning entry spot but I thought it would take a couple of more months to get there. We wont even know the effectiveness of the quarentine effort for another couple of weeks, and it better be encouraging because we could be at 2000 by the end of next week. I'm not expecting it, but it wouldnt shock me. Fucking crazy times indeed.

I think it's crazy to put some sort of entry number right now, because we have no clue how bad this could get.  I think we'll just know when we've hit bottom.