2018 NFL Draft

Machinator

Just now, nycHorn said:

It's been awhile since I've watched an NFL draft, are the players not there?  No interview?  I guess this isn't like the NBA Draft?

most first rounders are there.  Baker had it planned to watch at home.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

The Browns are so stupid.  Draft a badass OL and stick a vet QB behind them.  Quit drafting undersized/shitty QBs every year.

Tell me how many teams win with this approach? Every single Super Bowl winning QB is prepped and seasoned by that team sans a couple of them. Any qB worth a damn is not on the open market.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Tell me how many teams win with this approach? Every single Super Bowl winning QB is prepped and seasoned by that team sans a couple of them. Any qB worth a damn is not on the open market.

Not to mention the only true badass, blue-chip OL in this draft is Nelson, and you don't take guards that high.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

It's been awhile since I've watched an NFL draft, are the players not there?  No interview?  I guess this isn't like the NBA Draft?

No way Mayfield could have lived it down had he not gotten picked on Day 1.  He wasn’t going to be in attendance. 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Go ahead and keep doing it their way.  Obviously must work.

The vet QB is a place holder, not the franchise QB.  You develop a mid-round QB.  But wasting 1st rounder after 1st rounder on a reach at QB and sticking him behind a shitty OL will result in what we've seen in Cleveland.

1 minute ago, Longhorn Al said:

Then you trade down. 

Franchise QB is the most important position in the NFL if you want to be a consistent contender. I don't think Mayfield was the right choice (I prefer Darnold or Rosen for the Browns), but part of the reason the Browns have been in shambles is the complete lack of stability at QB.

• Like 1