Formula 1 2021

wood

14 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

It does degrade with use more than they like, so if they think they can win with the older unit here, they can save that big one for the more power sensitive tracks coming up.

Yeah, that seems likely. Running the old motor certainly didn’t seem to hurt him on today’s evidence. Lewis seemingly had a 0.2s-ish advantage, even before Max’ last flying lap got yellow-flagged. 

What would Red Bull give for a Bottas, a 2nd driver who can reliably qualify in the top four, get podiums, and win when the top driver has a rare off day. Yeah he’ll go “full Bottas” now and then, but he’ll have played a massive role if Lewis and Merc win the titles.  Checo has had good race pace but not making it to Q3 (on softs no less) really hurts them. His one-off quali pace hasn’t been there this year. 

Should be pretty cut and dry right? Saw video, but couldn't see anything on a small screen. 

I did watch onboard with Gasly. He ran wide and his tire just shredded instantly. Especially interesting because I assume it only had the one lap on them. Wonder if we will see more of the same tomorrow.

Should be pretty cut and dry right? Saw video, but couldn't see anything on a small screen. 
I did watch onboard with Gasly. He ran wide and his tire just shredded instantly. Especially interesting because I assume it only had the one lap on them. Wonder if we will see more of the same tomorrow.

It actually got destroyed by his front wing failing.

Also, as someone rooting for Max, I just want to thank the Longhorns. With Lewis seemingly in a rocketship now, it seems like the title will be his to lose. But thanks to the past decade of Longhorn football, I don't feel so bad about it. You can only pull the rug so many times before it just doesn't really bother you as much.

7 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Also, as someone rooting for Max, I just want to thank the Longhorns. With Lewis seemingly in a rocketship now, it seems like the title will be his to lose. But thanks to the past decade of Longhorn football, I don't feel so bad about it. You can only pull the rug so many times before it just doesn't really bother you as much.

Yep, I think it's all but in the bag for Lewis at this point. But, they still have to run the races...

8 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Also, that black Merc just flying around that track under the lights looks so damn mean. 

I miss the Silver Arrows. The black was fine as a novelty, and I understand the social statement being made, but the silver Mercs were beautiful.  

• Like 1

Mildly interesting that the RB uses shorter steering ratio than MBZ.

Watching the side by side lap view and RB applies more steering angle at every corner (its not just because of different lines). 

So a little more steering precision afforded by the RB, and also more leverage / less physical demand 

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Hamilton is going to walk away with this WDC short of a wreck or mechanical issue. 

FIFY. 

9 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Championship is going to come down to the points Max didn't get at Silverstone.

And this, and Baku. 

Edited by Dutch