Clemson vs Notre Dame in A Conference Clash

notre dame joe

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

For sure. Clemson/Bama pt 5 will be happening for the title. The other 2 seeds aren't even close to those 2. Be it Ohio St, aggy, ND, Cincy. I think Cincy would be fun but no way do they get in over sec aggy. 

Are we forgetting an undefeated USC team, though? Or is the Pac-12 not getting in?

USC lost last night.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

For sure. Clemson/Bama pt 5 will be happening for the title. The other 2 seeds aren't even close to those 2. Be it Ohio St, aggy, ND, Cincy. I think Cincy would be fun but no way do they get in over sec aggy. 

Are we forgetting an undefeated USC team, though? Or is the Pac-12 not getting in?

Ducks beat USC.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm actually beginning to hear talk that OU may vault up to playoff consideration. It wouldn't surprise me although I can see where the committee would hesitate to put them in because they're almost an automatic loss in the playoffs.

Still, this is how low we sunk, waiting to see if OU or aggy will get into a playoff that we can't even smell.

• Rage+1 4

Just now, phdhorn said:

I'm actually beginning to hear talk that OU may vault up to playoff consideration. It wouldn't surprise me although I can see where the committee would hesitate to put them in because they're almost an automatic loss in the playoffs.

Still, this is how low we sunk, waiting to see if OU or aggy will get into a playoff that we can't even smell.

We can smell it and it’s a stench.

3 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I think aggy is playing solid defense, but their offense isn't championship caliber.

They're gonna be insufferable if they get in. FML

Yep. They will be the first Texas team to get in the playoffs and the first team in a decade to even say they are playing for a national title. You think they were insufferable before when they hadn't won shit in 100 years? Get ready for now. Our scoreboard 9 years ago means zero. They are now better. And have all the bragging rights.

It's a fucking shame we could not take advantage this year like they did. This was actually the year everyone pointed to after the Georgia win. 2020. Big 12 was trash. OU had their worst team they have had in a very long time. And those fucks still win a Big 12 title. And we still lose to them. This was the year to take advantage. 

• Rage+1 3

Just now, phdhorn said:

You'd think that would put a fire under Belmont? We shall see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I think OU would beat aggy but 1 loss >>> 2 losses. Even though OU won their conference. Something aggy has never even came close to doing. But secsecsec is the toughest conference ever so even if you dont win it, you are still great.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. They will be the first Texas team to get in the playoffs and the first team in a decade to even say they are playing for a national title. You think they were insufferable before when they hadn't won shit in 100 years? Get ready for now. Our scoreboard 9 years ago means zero. They are now better. And have all the bragging rights.

It's a fucking shame we could not take advantage this year like they did. This was actually the year everyone pointed to after the Georgia win. 2020. Big 12 was trash. OU had their worst team they have had in a very long time. And those fucks still win a Big 12 title. And we still lose to them. This was the year to take advantage. 

making the playoffs now is much tougher than winning the championship in the BCS -  every aggy alive

Yeah, as much as I hate it, OU would almost be the easier choice for the committee. Sure they lost 2 games but they just avenged one. They didn't lose by 28. They beat Texas, Iowa State, and oSu. If the committee truly loves rewarding champions, OU just knocked off the #6 team to win their conference and it wasn't really that close. 

Edited by mdmost

I think OU would beat aggy but 1 loss >>> 2 losses. Even though OU won their conference. Something aggy has never even came close to doing. But secsecsec is the toughest conference ever so even if you dont win it, you are still great.

Don’t see it.  If Bama beats Gator tonight, which is very likely, aggy’s only “marque” win will be against a 3 loss team?

Just now, mdmost said:

Yeah, as much as I hate it, OU would almost be the easier choice for the committee. Sure they lost 2 games but they just avenged one. They didn't lose by 28. They beat Texas, Iowa State, and oSu. If the committee truly loves rewarding champions, OU just knocked off the #6 team and it wasn't really that close. 

ND, OU or aggy, well fuck

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, as much as I hate it, OU would almost be the easier choice for the committee. Sure they lost 2 games but they just avenged one. They didn't lose by 28. They beat Texas, Iowa State, and oSu. If the committee truly loves rewarding champions, OU just knocked off the #6 team and it wasn't really that close. 

If the committee is going to discount OU losing to ISU and KSU then they might as well throw the Bama loss out the window. I don't see how you can be objective about things and put in OU over atm. Unless you give a huge bump for winning your conference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I love those "not close" games that come down to the final series.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

Don’t see it.  If Bama beats Gator tonight, which is very likely, aggy’s only “marque” win will be against a 3 loss team?

aggy is going to pimp their loss, though. Like they love to do. Although that loss was by 4 scores.

They really have no different resume than ND except their loss was longer ago. And ND actually won their division and their best win trumps aggy's best win.

If Florida gets blown out tonight, that will be 2 losses in a row and one was to a shitty LSU team. The shine will be off of them. aggy would want Florida to keep it close tonight. The big question is, what if Florida wins tonight? Does this put them past aggy and ND? They win their conference and their best win is better than both.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

If the committee is going to discount OU losing to ISU and KSU then they might as well throw the Bama loss out the window. I don't see how you can be objective about things and put in OU over atm. Unless you give a huge bump for winning your conference. 

Not really, OU avenged their loss. aggy didn't get the chance and couldn't win their division. This is all jerking off. Neither aggy, OU, or Notre Dame will get anywhere near Bama in their game. 

aggy is going to pimp their loss, though. Like they love to do. Although that loss was by 4 scores.

They really have no different resume than ND except their loss was longer ago. And ND actually won their division and their best win trumps aggy's best win.

If Florida gets blown out tonight, that will be 2 losses in a row and one was to a shitty LSU team. The shine will be off of them. aggy would want Florida to keep it close tonight. The big question is, what if Florida wins tonight? Does this put them past aggy and ND? They win their conference and their best win is better than both.

Since aggy didn’t win conference, I think they are out no matter what and probably also with selection’s committee because LSU beating Gator should give ND the edge over aggy since Gator will have three losses if Bama wins.  If Gator should pull the upset tonight, then it will be chaos.