Clemson vs Notre Dame in A Conference Clash

notre dame joe

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

ND has had the ball 7 more minutes and have half the yards and 21 less pts than Clemson. Good job lmao

They are completely allergic to playing well, much less winning, on the big stage.

They have a much better win than aggy and an overall better season even with this loss but aggy lost a long time ago. ND's would be fresh. Not sure how much that plays into their decision making.

Helping aggy's case is that they played Bama on the road. I think FLA at least keeping it competitive would help as well - as it would both make aggy's win look a bit better and show the committee that Bama isn't unbeatable.

If Bama blows Florida out it opens the line of thinking that "Florida isn't that good" and "it would look exactly the same with atm"

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

ND has had the ball 7 more minutes and have half the yards and 21 less pts than Clemson. Good job lmao

They are completely allergic to playing well, much less winning, on the big stage.

They have a much better win than aggy and an overall better season even with this loss but aggy lost a long time ago. ND's would be fresh. Not sure how much that plays into their decision making.

Clemson's roster is elite. Thats what happens when you set up a phony church to funnel money to recruits and buy 5 stars like crazy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, UTDD said:

I objectively just don't buy that ND is a Top 4 team, but I also know what that means...

They may or may not be. The shitty part, and the reason why there's really no way of knowing, is that this is all shaping up to be another 2 horse race between Bama and ACC Bama.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Helping aggy's case is that they played Bama on the road. I think FLA at least keeping it competitive would help as well - as it would both make aggy's win look a bit better and show the committee that Bama isn't unbeatable.

If Bama blows Florida out it opens the line of thinking that "Florida isn't that good" and "it would look exactly the same with atm"

road games should even come into play this year since there's only 25 fans there.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think FLA beating Bama is the only way aggy makes it. Because then, Clemson is probably the 1 seed - tOSU or Bama 2 and 3 - and they could give the 4 spot to aggy to ironically avoid a different rematch.

There's also the possibility that Cincy absolutely crushes Tulsa tonight but I don't see the CFP putting them in.

Um, not sure you're paying attention?  If Clemson follows through on blowing out the Irish, ND will lose the eyeball test and be out.  I don't see ND getting if they look this bad.   The 2nd half could be a different story, but right now it's not looking good for the Irish.   And id ND is out, well, A&M  will be in likely be in.... Unless FLA wins then who the fuck knows.  Bama is in even if they lose, but there is no way SEC gets 3, so is it the conference champion Florida or do they pick A&M over the conference champ? That seems wrong...  That's chaos.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

LSU beating Gators at home already did that.

1 minute ago, Schulz2.0 said:

We're posting tweets from crackhead now?

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Why would anyone listen to some guy who sucks dick for crank?  Biggest thing he ever played for was a non-NY6 cotton bowl. 

The tweet just cracks me up. And yes, that is crackhead's theory. LMAO. 

4 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Um, not sure you're paying attention?  If Clemson follows through on blowing out the Irish, ND will lose the eyeball test and be out.  I don't see ND getting if they look this bad.   The 2nd half could be a different story, but right now it's not looking good for the Irish.   And id ND is out, well, A&M  will be in likely be in.... Unless FLA wins then who the fuck knows.  Bama is in even if they lose, but there is no way SEC gets 3, so is it the conference champion Florida or do they pick A&M over the conference champ? That seems wrong...  That's chaos.

No, I am paying attention. I'm not sure you read what I wrote. You seem to be agreeing with me.

Pardon if I changed my stance - I think holistically a close FLA loss actually helps aggy more than a FLA win*. But it shouldn't matter. FLA is likely out regardless after their loss to LSU.

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No, I am paying attention. I'm not sure you read what I wrote. You seem to be agreeing with me.

No, I'm saying you have it completely backwards.  You said "I think FLA beating Bama is the only way aggy makes it.".   That's wrong.  Assuming an ND blowout, FLA beating Bama would _drop_ A&M's chances. 

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Clemson is just as good as Bama. Their lone loss came without their heisman QB and missing a lot of their front 7 in a thriller to ND. 

It's Bama, Clemson and then a steep drop off to the rest. It will be Clemson/Bama pt 4 and I am fine with that if we are going to have a shitty 4 team playoff.

I don't think so. Clemson doesn't have the wide receivers they usually do and their defense is not special. The only position group where I'd say Clemson has a clear advantage is QB, and that's not that big of an advantage because Mac Jones is really good.

2 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

No, I'm saying you have it completely backwards.  You said "I think FLA beating Bama is the only way aggy makes it.".   That's wrong.  Assuming an ND blowout, FLA beating Bama would _drop_ A&M's chances. 

Not if you consider the seeding like I laid out. Also not if you think FLA is out either way - which I do. 

Just now, Doc Sam Beckett said:

There's zero chance that Florida beats Bama and aggy and Bama make the playoffs while the sec champ sits at home. Come on 

True, but why does the SEC get an automatic bid? No doubt they'd rationalize UF getting in, but it's still bullshit. Thanks, 2020

21 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Clemson's roster is elite. Thats what happens when you set up a phony church to funnel money to recruits and buy 5 stars like crazy.

So we need a Blessed Church Of The Burnt Orange Resurrection, izzat what you're saying? If so, where do I send my tithe? (And not $9.95.)

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

I feel these happen more often these days. They are becoming routine.

the gloves are unbelievable.  I would like to see a season where no one played with gloves.  It would be hilarious.  dropped passes and fumbles all over the place.

1 minute ago, Jack Wilson said:

So we need a Blessed Church Of The Burnt Orange Resurrection, izzat what you're saying? If so, where do I send my tithe? (And not $9.95.)

Then perhaps Texas should go heathen and turn Bevo into The Golden Calf to be carried around during wild orgies.