Clemson vs Notre Dame in A Conference Clash

notre dame joe

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Best damn RB in college football 

2nd 15 from near their goalline and Etienne ran forward for 8 yards.  They then repeated the play 5 times for a clinching TD. 

When we try to run in an obvious running situation, K williams has to beat two people just to get out of the backfield. 

1 minute ago, notre dame joe said:

2nd 15 from near their goalline and Etienne ran forward for 8 yards.  They then repeated the play 5 times for a clinching TD. 

When we try to run in an obvious running situation, K williams has to beat two people just to get out of the backfield. 

play designs help

53 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So they were saying on the Fox morning show there’s no way ATM makes the final four. Even with a Clemson loss to ND. Don’t see it happening but what if ND beats Clemson convincingly? Clemson still makes CFP? Just curious.

To me it's the other way around. If Clemson beats Notre Dame by 30 points which is very likely in this game the way it's going, (the only reason that might not happen is that Clemson will lay off once their lead gets there),Notre Dame really shouldn't be in any playoff situation although I guess I'd rather see those creampuffs than Aggy.

It's beginning to appear obvious that Notre Dame's win over Clemson was a fluke which was aided only by the best player in college football not playing.

Unless there's some kind of huge turnaround, Notre Dame doesn't deserve to be in it but I'll take it any day considering the alternative.

Edited by phdhorn

2 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

to me it's the other way around. If Clemson beats an Notre Dame by 30 points which is very likely in this game the way it's going, the only reason that might not happen is that Clemson will lay off once their league gets there Notre Dame really shouldn't be in any playoff situation although I guess I'd rather see those creampuffs than Aggy.

It's beginning to appear obvious that Notre Dame's win over Clemson was a fluke which was aided only by the best player in college football not playing.

Unless there's some kind of huge turnaround, Notre Dame doesn't deserve to be in it but I'll take it any day considering the alternative.

All of this can be applied to aggy as well. What makes anyone think a Bama/aggy rematch would be any different? 

1 minute ago, orangecat92 said:

4 TD win by Clemson puts Aggy, imo and it is not close. 

Clemson gets the ball to start 2nd half, scores TD, and they are pretty much there. 

You're forgetting that A&M-Bama would be a rematch of a 30 pt blowout. Do you think the four letter network is going to let ND-Bama be turned down for blowout rematch?

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Lawrence not playing wasn't the issue.  they still scored with DJ.  Clemson was missing 4 of its starters on the defensive front 7.  that was the key.  

Edited by Jive Turkey

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

All of this can be applied to aggy as well. What makes anyone think a Bama/aggy rematch would be any different? 

I don't think it's about who would Bama play, they're going to kill whoever they play. It's about who has the better season.

But like I said, Notre Dame probably doesn't deserve the playoff but if it keeps aggy out I can live with it.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

aggy's problem is I highly doubt the committee wants to see another aggy/Bama game. So unless they push aggy to 3rd, it's a rematch. Plus, aggy lost to Bama by 28. Why would that loss outweigh Notre Dame's victory over the team they lost to again? 

I think FLA beating Bama is the only way aggy makes it. Because then, Clemson is probably the 1 seed - tOSU or Bama 2 and 3 - and they could give the 4 spot to aggy to ironically avoid a different rematch.

There's also the possibility that Cincy absolutely crushes Tulsa tonight but I don't see the CFP putting them in.

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

aggy's problem is I highly doubt the committee wants to see another aggy/Bama game. So unless they push aggy to 3rd, it's a rematch. Plus, aggy lost to Bama by 28. Why would that loss outweigh Notre Dame's victory over the team they lost to again? 

Recency bias. aggy lost ages ago. Notre Dame looks like dogshit today.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Simplest answer would have been let USC be the sacrificial lamb.. so at this point why not Cinci?

Gets the G5 whining off the committees back and avoids the A&M/ND losing in blowouts mess

1 minute ago, orangecat92 said:

do you SEC bro? SEC rules the roost. 

There is no comparison in the national draw between ND and A&M. The CFP already rejected delaying the playoff because they don't want to compete with NFL playoffs for ratings. They are not going to turn down a blue blood matchup with national appeal for a faux SEC team that has no appeal outside of Texas.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think FLA beating Bama is the only way aggy makes it. Because then, Clemson is probably the 1 seed - tOSU or Bama 2 and 3 - and they could give the 4 spot to aggy to ironically avoid a different rematch.

There's also the possibility that Cincy absolutely crushes Tulsa tonight but I don't see the CFP putting them in.

If this game keeps going like it is and Clemson wins by four touchdowns or more, aggy is going to the playoff.

ND has had the ball 7 more minutes and have half the yards and 21 less pts than Clemson. Good job lmao

They are completely allergic to playing well, much less winning, on the big stage.

They have a much better win than aggy and an overall better season even with this loss but aggy lost a long time ago. ND's would be fresh. Not sure how much that plays into their decision making.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

If this game keeps going like it is and Clemson wins by four touchdowns or more, aggy is going to the playoff.

Yeah, a blown out ND ain't getting in.

Cincinnati should get more consideration if they hammer Tulsa tonight, but they'll get fucked bc P5 bias/TV ratings. Looks like the 2020 shitshow opened the door for aggy.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Bruh in that scenario they aren't leaving out Florida 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That's backwards because they would have to put both UF and Bama in the playoff + Clemson + Ohio State.

4 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I vote Alabama gets a bye.  All other teams (and maybe even Ohio State) don’t deserve it 

Clemson is just as good as Bama. Their lone loss came without their heisman QB and missing a lot of their front 7 in a thriller to ND. 

It's Bama, Clemson and then a steep drop off to the rest. It will be Clemson/Bama pt 4 and I am fine with that if we are going to have a shitty 4 team playoff.

• Hook 'Em 1