Clemson vs Notre Dame in A Conference Clash

notre dame joe

Just now, C-Man said:

Saw this coming a mile away. Clemson was free money.

The Aggies don’t deserve to get in but they just might if they drop the Irish out.

CFB Playoff committee just needs to have Bama vs Clemson in the championship again. tOSU ain't that great this year and aggy's not Top 4 either.

2020 clusterfuck

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So the committee is going to give us Bama versus Ohio State and Clemson versus A&M for the college football playoffs.  Aggies don't really deserve to sniff the playoffs based on the way they played against most of their schedule.  Give me Cincy as the 4th team at this point.

Fucking shame we don't have 8 teams. Oh well. I do understand that there are probably only two great teams. Bama will probably win it all. But it would be nice to see what Cincy and Coastal could do in a playoff situation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Fucking shame we don't have 8 teams. Oh well. I do understand that there are probably only two great teams. Bama will probably win it all. But it would be nice to see what Cincy and Coastal could do in a playoff situation. 

This.

Expand CFP to 8 teams and BOO HOO for fanbases that can't make it to every game! (excuse used for not expanding to 8 teams) They'll all be on TV, so they can all DEAL.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

6 and give the top two teams a bye

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

6 and give the top two teams a bye

I am cool with this. Then the next best 12 teams (rankings/conference)  can play in the New Year's six bowls. Make the bowls more meaningful. I realize this favors the SEC heavily. But I don't see any other way to level what is happening with this "eye" test and only having four teams. 

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

How much of a preemptive was that from Kelly so if they get their asses kicked tonight ND just opts out ending the season?

I thought about that. I think it also speaks to what the players are going through on the team. He was just voicing their feelings imo. Very religious school. Christmas is a big deal. I imagine that it was too much of a sacrifice? (pun intended)

54 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Clemson is just as good as Bama. Their lone loss came without their heisman QB and missing a lot of their front 7 in a thriller to ND. 

It's Bama, Clemson and then a steep drop off to the rest. It will be Clemson/Bama pt 4 and I am fine with that if we are going to have a shitty 4 team playoff.

I agree.  I was referring to the fourth spot about nobody being worthy.  My post wasn’t well written. 

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

and who wants to see aggie, they have no more case than ND, both with one loss a blow out to a team that belongs. no need for a rematch of that. Cinci needs a blow out tonight

Hate to admit it, but aggy is playing much better now than they were when they lost to Bama.

Just now, Nicole44 said:

I thought about that. I think it also speaks to what the players are going through on the team. He was just voicing their feelings imo. Very religious school. Christmas is a big deal. I imagine that it was too much of a sacrifice? (pun intended)

Not that this is an apple to apples comparison but, Pitt's players voted 90% to opt out of a bowl. The kids have basically been under lockdown in their dorms and practice facilities since June.

They are all worn out, I think more emotionally than physically. Also, I have friends who played for ND, the players that I knew were not all that much more worried about Christmas, a least not any more than most other 20-22-year olds.

Just now, Landomatic said:

Hate to admit it, but aggy is playing much better now than they were when they lost to Bama.

Urban said this morning he didn't think that ATM deserved it but then he went back and watched tape and said they have rapidly improved since their loss to Bama and as such would be credible to make CFP if that were to happen. 

2 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I agree.  I was referring to the fourth spot about nobody being worthy.  My post wasn’t well written. 

For sure. Clemson/Bama pt 5 will be happening for the title. The other 2 seeds aren't even close to those 2. Be it Ohio St, aggy, ND, Cincy. I think Cincy would be fun but no way do they get in over sec aggy. 

Are we forgetting an undefeated USC team, though? Or is the Pac-12 not getting in?

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

Not that this is an apple to apples comparison but, Pitt's players voted 90% to opt out of a bowl. The kids have basically been under lockdown in their dorms and practice facilities since June.

They are all worn out, I think more emotionally than physically. Also, I have friends who played for ND, the players that I knew were not all that much more worried about Christmas, a least not any more than most other 20-22-year olds.

I can totally understand teams opting out if they are not playing for the prize. But ND prior to this blowout had a shot at the final four. I have no doubt that the players are worn out emotionally and physically. No doubt. My deep respect to all of them playing through this year. 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

For sure. Clemson/Bama pt 5 will be happening for the title. The other 2 seeds aren't even close to those 2. Be it Ohio St, aggy, ND, Cincy. I think Cincy would be fun but no way do they get in over sec aggy. 

Are we forgetting an undefeated USC team, though? Or is the Pac-12 not getting in?

USC lost to Oregon last night. 

• Hook 'Em 1