Brian Kelly or Bust

RGBIII

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

OK, it looks like BK can still be our coach. But, what are the rules? If he gets blown out, we don't want him. If he wins, he stays at ND. If he loses in a close game, will he decide that he can win it all at UT or if he tweaks a few things that he can win it all at ND? 😁

Think loss by 16-7 is the sweet spot. Cover but barely 

1 hour ago, MrPhlegm said:
On 12/27/2020 at 7:32 PM, Spider2YBanana said:
Man, we aren't getting Brian Kelly. Why do y'all do this to yourselves? Shoot for the moon at least. What's Bear Bryant up to?

he's dead and never beat royal. loser pos

Trivia, against which blue blood programs was Bear Bryant winless?

27 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I guess if you want to sign one rookie contract and then bust out. That’s the tOSU track record in the NFL for QB’s. Maybe Fields changes that but I have my doubts. 

45 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

OSU puts QBs in the league that get cut

As of today there are more former UT QB's currently rostered in the NFL than tOSU.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

I'd rather keep Herman than bring on this choad. At least we know Herman will be gone in one more year. With Kelly, we'd be right back where we are now in 4 years. Fuck that noise. 

And then when we fire Herman next year who will be hiring then genius? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Brian Kelly’s slow pro-style offense would be absolutely smoked in the Big 12. Do not want.

Supposedly he ran a spread at Cincy and adjusts for personnel. Idk how true that is though, haven't followed him enough

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s not 2010 anymore. The offenses in the Big 12 aren’t that great. OU’s offense is elite and ISU AND OSU’s are usually solid. That’s about it. 

Whether the B12 is up or down relative to 2010 isn’t the point. Every single team is trying to score 50 points a game. Offenses like ND that grind it out for a 24-17 victory don’t work here.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

That seems like a bs excuse. Skill players are easier to recruit than the bigs. 

No it not. There is a reason schools like Stanford, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Michigan run a slow plodding offense, it because the elite skill position player don't want to go to strict  school that has actual academic expectations and requirements when they can head to Bama, OSU, Clemson, OU ball out and jump to the nfl after 3 years.

Edited by Not a Sock

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Then let's hope he goes back to his Cincy teams offense 

To hire a guy who has consistently shit the bed in big games, presumably for 8 million dollars a year, and hope he changes from the offensive philosophy we are literally watching right now seems like a bad bet.

Just now, Not a Sock said:

No it not. There is a reason schools like Stanford, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Michigan run a slow plodding offense, it because the elite skill position player don't want to go to strict and rigorist school that has actual academic expectations and requirements when they can head to Bama, OSU, Clemson, OU ball out and jump to the nfl after 3 years.

Were you kicked in the head by a 3-story tall donkey?

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

To hire a guy who has consistently shit the bed in big games, presumably for 8 million dollars a year, and hope he changes from the offensive philosophy we are literally watching right now seems like a bad bet.

Eh. He made Cincy able to compete with lesser recruits, so I hold out hope with higher rates recruits it will lead to more success. But to be honest, I don't want BK, so really it's moot to me, 

3 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

If you can pass in the Big12 I don't see why you can't run the ball against the Big12.  I can't imagine any defense is built to stop a 2 TE run first attack. 

It's not necessarily if you can pass/run, it's more about being able to do it consistently. Defense in the Big XII is difficult. Luckily teams aren't like they were a decade ago. Teams are transitioning into other types of air raids, and you need a talent differential to match up with ou and OSU. We're a weird conference. 

3 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Also not to beat the dead 🐎.  But our current starting WR corps is a slow sr possession WR, a converted qb, and a transfer from Northwestern.  Kelly didn't run this offense when he had Miles Boykin (3rd rd) and Chase Claypool (2nd rd) split out in 2017.

How much does academics factor into y'all's recruiting? I'm thinking y'all are more like us (rigorous, in general, but still a couple majors that athletes gravitate towards) than a Stanford (gaining admission being a roll of the dice) but don't know for certain. 

10 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Whether the B12 is up or down relative to 2010 isn’t the point. Every single team is trying to score 50 points a game. Offenses like ND that grind it out for a 24-17 victory don’t work here.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Notre Dame has scored more than 40 points 6 times this season and has the 10th ranked offense in the country. He would score plenty in the Big 12. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 completions for book have been to 4 guys...two of them are white guys who should not be leading the game in receiving and the other two are fuckin rb’s lol. BK is severely outmatched talent wise and the two staffs comparatively are also not even close to being equal. Saban gets away with hiring failure head coaches with bad stigmas because he’s saban. BK could win at Texas. He is a good CEO and that’s what we need, badly. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

And then when we fire Herman next year who will be hiring then genius? 

How the fuck should I know what the landscape looks like in a year. But I'll be shitting on Kelly next year as well. I see no reason to believe he's the answer to any problem we have at Texas. 

5 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

How much does academics factor into y'all's recruiting? I'm thinking y'all are more like us (rigorous, in general, but still a couple majors that athletes gravitate towards) than a Stanford (gaining admission being a roll of the dice) but don't know for certain. 

The Admissions office has the power to stop the recruitment of any individual prospect.  Oddly enough it had not been a big problem with the offensive skill positions but mostly on the defensive line.  That's why Kelly eventually switched to a 4-3 because he couldn't reliably get nosetackles.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

How the fuck should I know what the landscape looks like in a year. But I'll be shitting on Kelly next year as well. I see no reason to believe he's the answer to any problem we have at Texas. 

I’ll give you the answer, the same fucking candidates that are out there this year or another Herman up and comer G5 coach, Dabo, Riley, or Saban  aren’t going to all of a sudden decide to come to Texas 12 months from now.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Just finished reading this. I agree it makes Sark look more appealing however I also remember reading very similar types of articles about Strong and Herman before their UT tenures. I'm not going to fall for these types of stories anymore.

18 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I’ll give you the answer, the same fucking candidates that are out there this year or another Herman up and comer G5 coach, Dabo, Riley, or Saban  aren’t going to all of a sudden decide to come to Texas 12 months from now.

Yep. This. It's basically another year to talk yourself into/get desperate enough to come around to Campbell or Fickell or Napier or whoever. While recruiting goes up in flames.

Edited by gmr548
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2