Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If they can get Roy from LSU and bama then good for them.  They can have wright. They’d talk themselves into having a great DT haul, and have taken none of the players Texas covets. 

Fatball, bertch!

• Like 1

since i have not been able to keep up with 2020 yet - what does the texas board look like at cb / s? ringo looks like a badass, but after that it seems like there are a bunch of 6'2" 180 kids that are are more or less interchangeable, at least until they start showing up at more camps and / or get more film out there. 

i like jaylon jones, but not sure how much more than any of the other guys out there at this point.

Just now, bizzle said:

since i have not been able to keep up with 2020 yet - what does the texas board look like at cb / s? ringo looks like a badass, but after that it seems like there are a bunch of 6'2" 180 kids that are are more or less interchangeable, at least until they start showing up at more camps and / or get more film out there. 

i like jaylon jones, but not sure how much more than any of the other guys out there at this point.

Semi-guessing here

CB:

Ringo/Phillips

Jones (but probably at S - it's unclear)

Eaton/Watts/Rogers/Crawford/Kimber (probably in that order)

S

Thompson/Alford/Washington

Ransom

Slusher

43 minutes ago, bizzle said:

Pretty much. Of guys that have visited, Ringo is priority #1, Jones was/is 2, then Eaton/Watts/other guys are like a notch below that like 2.5 or 3. 

Damon Sayles: 4-star CB Lorando Johnson considering A&M official visit soon

Texas A&M's Maroon & White Game is scheduled for April 13. That's a Saturday where the Aggies are hoping to entertain a few recruits on official visits. Lancaster, Texas, 4-star cornerback Lorando Johnson could be one of those athletes in College Station for that weekend. Johnson said he'll take an official visit to Texas A&M, and he's considering that visit to take place the weekend of the spring game.

It would be a big opportunity for the Aggies to close the deal on a versatile athlete who would add to the talent level of a Texas A&M 2020 class currently ranked seventh nationally. "They came through the other day, and we sat down and were all able to talk about football and me," Johnson said of the Texas A&M coaching staff. "I've been talking to other people in my class about trying to get something started over there."

Johnson once had a top three of Texas A&M, LSU and Arkansas, but he's recently backed off that and has kept all options open. He still likes the trio, but TCU and Baylor are now schools to watch, as is Ohio State. The winning school will get a 6-foot, 180-pound athlete who has one goal when he steps on the field -- to be better than whoever is in front of him on every play. Johnson shines at cornerback for Lancaster High School, but he's also able to play wide receiver and perform on special teams.

When asked what he prefers to do on the field, Johnson answered: "Anything that'll have my team have more points than the other team." He expects to play defense in college and is being recruited to Texas A&M by cornerbacks coach Maurice Linguist. "They've started showing a lot more interest," Johnson said of the Aggies. "I think before the top three, they didn't think I was interested as much as I was. Ever since then, they've been talking to me a lot."

Johnson said he couldn't make it to the Super Bowl get-together last month, but he wants to make a trip to Texas A&M very soon. He added that he's been hearing from a few Aggie commits, including recent cornerback pledge Jaylon Jones -- who offered Johnson some simple advice. "Come home," Johnson said. "That's all he's saying."

Johnson said the plan is to make official visits to the schools from his old top three and possibly Ohio State. He gave the caveat that those plans could change at any minute. "I'm just trying to get my visits and to get out and see some places before I make a decision," he said. "I'm just cherishing my opportunities in life that I get to travel to these different schools that I have the chance to play at."

Johnson was offered by Texas A&M on June 6 and currently reports 22 offers total. He is ranked the nation's No. 11 cornerback and No. 153 player overall in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He is ranked the No. 18 player from the state of Texas.

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

Damon Sayles: 4-star CB Lorando Johnson considering A&M official visit soon

Reveal hidden contents

Texas A&M's Maroon & White Game is scheduled for April 13. That's a Saturday where the Aggies are hoping to entertain a few recruits on official visits. Lancaster, Texas, 4-star cornerback Lorando Johnson could be one of those athletes in College Station for that weekend. Johnson said he'll take an official visit to Texas A&M, and he's considering that visit to take place the weekend of the spring game.

It would be a big opportunity for the Aggies to close the deal on a versatile athlete who would add to the talent level of a Texas A&M 2020 class currently ranked seventh nationally. "They came through the other day, and we sat down and were all able to talk about football and me," Johnson said of the Texas A&M coaching staff. "I've been talking to other people in my class about trying to get something started over there."

Johnson once had a top three of Texas A&M, LSU and Arkansas, but he's recently backed off that and has kept all options open. He still likes the trio, but TCU and Baylor are now schools to watch, as is Ohio State. The winning school will get a 6-foot, 180-pound athlete who has one goal when he steps on the field -- to be better than whoever is in front of him on every play. Johnson shines at cornerback for Lancaster High School, but he's also able to play wide receiver and perform on special teams.

When asked what he prefers to do on the field, Johnson answered: "Anything that'll have my team have more points than the other team." He expects to play defense in college and is being recruited to Texas A&M by cornerbacks coach Maurice Linguist. "They've started showing a lot more interest," Johnson said of the Aggies. "I think before the top three, they didn't think I was interested as much as I was. Ever since then, they've been talking to me a lot."

Johnson said he couldn't make it to the Super Bowl get-together last month, but he wants to make a trip to Texas A&M very soon. He added that he's been hearing from a few Aggie commits, including recent cornerback pledge Jaylon Jones -- who offered Johnson some simple advice. "Come home," Johnson said. "That's all he's saying."

Johnson said the plan is to make official visits to the schools from his old top three and possibly Ohio State. He gave the caveat that those plans could change at any minute. "I'm just trying to get my visits and to get out and see some places before I make a decision," he said. "I'm just cherishing my opportunities in life that I get to travel to these different schools that I have the chance to play at."

Johnson was offered by Texas A&M on June 6 and currently reports 22 offers total. He is ranked the nation's No. 11 cornerback and No. 153 player overall in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He is ranked the No. 18 player from the state of Texas.

I used to love Yton Lorando and Dwan.

2 minutes ago, RabidM said:

So they don't care if they miss out on the OT's because they're getting Fatheree and Connor next cycle... Ahh, the good ole' Garrett Gilbert stratagem. 

Connor just told every reporter at the Rivals camp that Texas is in his top 3 with Michigan and Nebraska.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Didn't Aki try to flip to Texas and we told him to pound sand? It's hilarious that they think they will end up with a better OL class when they were ready to punt the entire class 3 weeks ago when Garth was supposed to be giving aggy a serious look.

Yep. And last week he started getting a bunch of OU CBs. 

27 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Connor just told every reporter at the Rivals camp that Texas is in his top 3 with Michigan and Nebraska.

But Demas left A&M off his top 5 before becoming the greatest ag commit since John David Crow ya stupid sip

Edited by RGBIII
  • Like 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Give me Wilson, Mookie, and the Temple kid and call it a day at WR. 

Yeah. I care about Texas getting good players. I don’t care if aggy ALSO gets good players, and I damn sure don’t feel the need to measure recruiting success for a class or a position based on being better or worse than what they got. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah. I care about Texas getting good players. I don’t care if aggy ALSO gets good players, and I damn sure don’t feel the need to measure recruiting success for a class or a position based on being better or worse than what they got. 

Do you even Shaggenfreude?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yea but the information ministry still hasn’t gotten around to vetting those comments so there isn’t any need to rile up the natives. 

Brian Perroni: A&M makes big impression on 4-star DE Princely Umanmielen during visit

Texas A&M hosted a number of top targets this week. On Friday alone, the Aggies had a trio of four-star prospects on campus for unofficial visits. All three were on separate visits with one of those being Manor defensive end Princely Umanmielen. The 6-foot-4, 254-pound defender was recently offered by the Aggies and has been in frequent contact with defensive ends coach Terry Price. "Coach Price had been telling me to come up there for like two weeks now," Umanmielen said on Saturday morning. "He wanted me to come up and see when they were working out and stuff."

Umanmielen was able to spend a long time on campus and packed a lot of activities into his day. "We got there and I spent a long time in coach Price's office. We went over their defense and how I'd fit," he said. "They showed me where they would put me. Then I met with coach Fisher. I went and watched them work out. They worked out and then I watched them with their defensive practice. Then we did a weight room tour, a tour of the whole facility and then I did a photo shoot. Then I did a tour of the dorms. That was my second time there. The first time was just for a game. Pretty much everything was new to me this time because, before, I just watched the game and saw the locker rooms."

Umanmielen says he was impressed by what he saw. "I liked it. I loved everything," he said. "It was even nicer than I thought and it was also really cool to get to see how they do their day-to-day workouts, to see what it would be like for me there." Head coach Jimbo Fisher made sure to talk up a few selling points for the Aggies.

"He told me he would really like me to be a part of that defense," Umanmielen said. "He told me that I'm really wanted there. He also talked to me about coach Price's approach and all the players coach Price has coached over the years. He's put a bunch of defensive linemen in the league. He was telling me a lot about A&M but also just getting to know me. I really liked that."

As for the visit, it cemented Texas A&M's place in Umanmielen's top group. "It definitely went a long way with me," he said. "It made me look at them even closer. It was a big visit for sure."

Damon Sayles: 4-star OT, new A&M offer Ty'kieast Crawford discusses recruiting

About this time last week, Carthage, Texas, 4-star offensive tackle and national top-100 player Ty'kieast Crawford was committed to Baylor. This past Tuesday, Crawford backed off his pledge to the Bears and reopened his process. The result: Six new offers in a 72-hour span. And Friday evening, the 6-foot-5, 318-pound lineman added his latest offer from Texas A&M, his reported 14th offer overall.

Last week at the Under Armour Dallas camp, Crawford admitted that he hadn't heard much from the Aggies. He also admitted that he didn't know much about the program but was all for putting in the research on the program if they were to show legitimate interest. "I last heard from Texas A&M the day before we got out for Christmas break," Crawford told GigEm247 last Sunday.

Crawford, however, does have a budding relationship with new offensive line coach Josh Henson. Crawford was offered by Oklahoma State on Dec. 6, and Henson on Friday extended the offer to Crawford to play in maroon and white. Crawford started at right tackle this past season for a Carthage team that went 14-1 and advanced to the Class 4A Division I state semifinals. He was a part of an offensive line that made holes for a ground game that rushed for more than 2,600 yards and 32 touchdowns. Carthage was a back-to-back state champion in Crawford's freshman and sophomore seasons.

Texas A&M is in an early recruiting battle with Arkansas, Tennessee and Baylor for Crawford's services. Crawford has seven Crystal Ball predictions, and Arkansas leads the charge with 59 percent of the predictions. He picked up offers from USC, Colorado and Texas Tech on Wednesday and SEC schools Texas A&M, Alabama and Georgia on Friday. Crawford said he will continue weighing his options and will continue focusing on improving in the offseason. When asked about a winning school, Crawford said he's looking to win on and off the football field.

"To be honest, when you go to college, you leave a family behind, but when you go to college, you try to pick up another family," Crawford said. "That's what I really want, another family." Evaluated by 247Sports' Gabe Brooks, Crawford is defined as a high-motor prospect who "hunts linebackers and DBs with impressive open-field athleticism." Brooks said Crawford
"owns high ceiling with requisite size to succeed at the Power 5 level," and he also has the tools to develop into an early-round NFL Draft prospect.

Crawford is ranked the nation's No. 8 offensive tackle and No. 69 player overall in the 2020 class, according to 247Sports. He is ranked the No. 10 player in the state of Texas.

12 hours ago, satyanash said:

Arkamsas apparently just hired Larry McDonald, A&M's assistant recruiting coordinator, as their new recruiting coordinator.

Brewster, the Marine and now McDonald.  I guess they all left for jobs better than the NFL and Jimbo replaced them with better guys..  /sarc

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

Damon Sayles: 4-star OT, new A&M offer Ty'kieast Crawford discusses recruiting

Hide contents

About this time last week, Carthage, Texas, 4-star offensive tackle and national top-100 player Ty'kieast Crawford was committed to Baylor. This past Tuesday, Crawford backed off his pledge to the Bears and reopened his process. The result: Six new offers in a 72-hour span. And Friday evening, the 6-foot-5, 318-pound lineman added his latest offer from Texas A&M, his reported 14th offer overall.

Last week at the Under Armour Dallas camp, Crawford admitted that he hadn't heard much from the Aggies. He also admitted that he didn't know much about the program but was all for putting in the research on the program if they were to show legitimate interest. "I last heard from Texas A&M the day before we got out for Christmas break," Crawford told GigEm247 last Sunday.

Crawford, however, does have a budding relationship with new offensive line coach Josh Henson. Crawford was offered by Oklahoma State on Dec. 6, and Henson on Friday extended the offer to Crawford to play in maroon and white. Crawford started at right tackle this past season for a Carthage team that went 14-1 and advanced to the Class 4A Division I state semifinals. He was a part of an offensive line that made holes for a ground game that rushed for more than 2,600 yards and 32 touchdowns. Carthage was a back-to-back state champion in Crawford's freshman and sophomore seasons.

Texas A&M is in an early recruiting battle with Arkansas, Tennessee and Baylor for Crawford's services. Crawford has seven Crystal Ball predictions, and Arkansas leads the charge with 59 percent of the predictions. He picked up offers from USC, Colorado and Texas Tech on Wednesday and SEC schools Texas A&M, Alabama and Georgia on Friday. Crawford said he will continue weighing his options and will continue focusing on improving in the offseason. When asked about a winning school, Crawford said he's looking to win on and off the football field.

"To be honest, when you go to college, you leave a family behind, but when you go to college, you try to pick up another family," Crawford said. "That's what I really want, another family." Evaluated by 247Sports' Gabe Brooks, Crawford is defined as a high-motor prospect who "hunts linebackers and DBs with impressive open-field athleticism." Brooks said Crawford
"owns high ceiling with requisite size to succeed at the Power 5 level," and he also has the tools to develop into an early-round NFL Draft prospect.

Crawford is ranked the nation's No. 8 offensive tackle and No. 69 player overall in the 2020 class, according to 247Sports. He is ranked the No. 10 player in the state of Texas.

Cant wait to hear about Daddy98's feedback after watching his tape

• Like 1

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

As for the visit, it cemented Texas A&M's place in Umanmielen's top group. "It definitely went a long way with me," he said. "It made me look at them even closer. It was a big visit for sure."

Big impression. A&M didn't fall out of his top group. Impressive, indeed. Sounds like A&M was in danger of falling off of his list.

Big, impressive, successful visits usually at least provide a temporary bump where the recruit says that the school in question has moved to the top or near the top of his list. Here, it's: Great visit, they'll still appear in my tweets.

We keep getting whispers that A&M's momentum is dissipating.