Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Damon Sayles: Pac-12 OL pledge Carson Carson Lee in touch with A&M staff

Englewood, Colorado, 3-star interior offensive lineman Carson Lee was one of the athletes at The Opening Dallas who left an impression on several people. He's been committed to in-state Colorado since Feb. 2 but said Texas A&M has been a school he's heard from quite a bit since announcing his pledge. "I love Colorado. I want to be a kid that stays in state and represents his home school," said Lee, who plays at Cherry Creek High School. "But when a school like Texas A&M reaches out to you, it's hard not to listen."

Lee, who measured in at 6-foot-2 and 333 pounds at The Opening, was one of the top five offensive lineman at the event and was in consideration for offensive line camp MVP. He displayed good strength and leverage as a center, rarely losing a one-on-one battle against the defensive line. Lee said the hiring Josh Henson as the new offensive line coach was a smart move for the Aggies. He added that if the Aggies offer, it will make his college decision that much more difficult.

"I already had a good relationship with Coach Henson when he was at Oklahoma State," Lee said. "Now he's there [at A&M] ... that's enticing." Lee continued: "It was to a point where we weren't talking about football at all. We were getting to know each other that much better. He was giving me advice in life. We have a fantastic relationship, and he's one of my favorite coaches I've ever talked to."

For the next few weeks, Lee said he's not going to shut down recruiting, but he does plan on taking a step back to simply take a breath and let everything sink in. Since his commitment to Colorado, he said recruiting "has gotten 10 times worse," as he hears from coaches from coast to coast. Lee has 20 reported offers, and with his performance at The Opening Dallas, he's picked up new interest.

As for Texas A&M, Lee said he can't consider them as a real possibility until he is offered. He does have a high respect for head coach Jimbo Fisher and what he's been able to do with the program in a short time. "Coach Fisher wins wherever he goes. Playing for him, that's enticing all on its own," Lee said. "The fan base there, I think I saw somewhere that they averaged 99,000-plus at every game. That's intriguing. Other than that, it's just a big SEC school, and it's not that far from home."

Lee's recruiting process will be one to watch, particularly as he lands new offers between now and December. He's looking to take advantage of the early signing period. "For the next month, I just want to chill and focus on school," he said. "If there is interest, Texas A&M will definitely be a school I look into." A first-team all-state selection for Cherry Creek, Lee is ranked the nation's No. 13 center and the No. 8 player from the state of Colorado, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He can play either center or guard at the next level.

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Hide contents

Englewood, Colorado, 3-star interior offensive lineman Carson Lee was one of the athletes at The Opening Dallas who left an impression on several people. He's been committed to in-state Colorado since Feb. 2 but said Texas A&M has been a school he's heard from quite a bit since announcing his pledge. "I love Colorado. I want to be a kid that stays in state and represents his home school," said Lee, who plays at Cherry Creek High School. "But when a school like Texas A&M reaches out to you, it's hard not to listen."

Lee, who measured in at 6-foot-2 and 333 pounds at The Opening, was one of the top five offensive lineman at the event and was in consideration for offensive line camp MVP. He displayed good strength and leverage as a center, rarely losing a one-on-one battle against the defensive line. Lee said the hiring Josh Henson as the new offensive line coach was a smart move for the Aggies. He added that if the Aggies offer, it will make his college decision that much more difficult.

"I already had a good relationship with Coach Henson when he was at Oklahoma State," Lee said. "Now he's there [at A&M] ... that's enticing." Lee continued: "It was to a point where we weren't talking about football at all. We were getting to know each other that much better. He was giving me advice in life. We have a fantastic relationship, and he's one of my favorite coaches I've ever talked to."

For the next few weeks, Lee said he's not going to shut down recruiting, but he does plan on taking a step back to simply take a breath and let everything sink in. Since his commitment to Colorado, he said recruiting "has gotten 10 times worse," as he hears from coaches from coast to coast. Lee has 20 reported offers, and with his performance at The Opening Dallas, he's picked up new interest.

As for Texas A&M, Lee said he can't consider them as a real possibility until he is offered. He does have a high respect for head coach Jimbo Fisher and what he's been able to do with the program in a short time. "Coach Fisher wins wherever he goes. Playing for him, that's enticing all on its own," Lee said. "The fan base there, I think I saw somewhere that they averaged 99,000-plus at every game. That's intriguing. Other than that, it's just a big SEC school, and it's not that far from home."

Lee's recruiting process will be one to watch, particularly as he lands new offers between now and December. He's looking to take advantage of the early signing period. "For the next month, I just want to chill and focus on school," he said. "If there is interest, Texas A&M will definitely be a school I look into." A first-team all-state selection for Cherry Creek, Lee is ranked the nation's No. 13 center and the No. 8 player from the state of Colorado, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He can play either center or guard at the next level.

Carson Carson Lee?

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

6'3" 333 center must be SEC ready, just like Kardell Thomas.  It won't be long before Carson "Carson" Lee will be 356 and also SEC ready.  

That's one big ass loaf of bread. 

Thought they weren't going to take but a few 3* loaves?

17 hours ago, satyanash said:

Hide contents

Cherry Creek is pretty similar to Southlake. I really doubt the guy hasn’t had high level training and good facilities. So they want a short, fat, unathletic guy that’s probably close to maxed out (SEC ready!).

Edited by Schulz2.0

Billy Embody: Jaquelin Roy taking process slow after backing off LSU pledge

LA PLACE, La. — 2020 Baton Rouge (La.) University High defensive tackle Jaquelin Roy shined at The Opening New Orleans on Sunday, picking up an invitation to The Opening Finals in Dallas this summer. The four-star prospect made the Final Five and showed well. "It was nice. I had some good talent in front of me and I just worked hard and stayed dedicated," Roy told 247Sports. "I'm ready to go. Last year was just showing me, but now, I'm really eating. I'm ready."

After backing off a commitment to LSU at the end of last month, the top defensive lineman in Louisiana said he's taking things slow through his senior season. "I don't really have no top colleges right now as a choice, but it's just God's plan. Wherever he suits me to be and that's where I'm going to be," Roy said. "I committed too early and wanted to enjoy my senior year. Enjoy it, take your free visits and see different places. It only comes once. I've just been taking it slow. I've been talking to a lot of colleges."

Tennessee just hosted Roy for an unofficial visit last weekend and he enjoyed the visit to Knoxville. "It was nice up there. I liked it. It's big and I liked the mountains. Beautiful sight," Roy explained. The coaches like me a lot. They want me to come back down and stay in a dorm with the players and see how everything is."

Texas A&M, Alabama, Texas, Georgia and others continue to make a push and he touched on some of the schools with 247Sports. Texas A&M: "I like how they treat their players like family. It's a nice program. Real coach with the D-line coach. He's a real down to earth guy. He keeps it real with you. He jokes with you, but when it's time to go, he's ready. It's big (having Burns committed there). We on the same team, it's over with."

Alabama: "Coach Golding. I talked to coach Nick Saban. They like me a lot. Say they want me to come down there. Meant to go, but letting stuff play out. I'm going to get down there soon." Georgia: "They want me to come up and see how it is. I talk to coach Scott. He's a cool dude. I like him. Just ready to meet him now."

The 6-3, 289-pound lineman said that things cooled off a bit with LSU after the decommitment, but his tight bond with defensive line coach Dennis Johnson remains and he wants him to take things slow. "Kinda, but not really," Roy said of the contact with LSU. "Our relationship (with Johnson) will never end. He was hurt. He didn't want me to decommit. He was trying to keep me there. He's been handling it the same way, recruiting me hard, still texting me and I'm texting back. Just wants me to take everything slow and just let it play out."

Roy plans to make a decision in December following his senior year, something his teammates Mike Hollins and Jordan Clark recommended after going through the process this year. "Family. A school that's going to keep it real with me. They like me or don't, just keep it real." On Sunday, Roy picked up an invitation to the All-American Bowl in San Antonio in 2020 for his performance at The Opening New Orleans. According to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, Roy ranks as the No. 105 overall prospect in the country, No. 10 defensive tackle nationally and No. 3 recruit in Louisiana.

(Damon Sayles) Sunday recruiting nuggets: Checking in on potential A&M targets

Here are a few recruiting nuggets from athletes who are on Texas A&M's radar but are currently without offers: Longview, Texas, 4-star quarterback Haynes King took in an unofficial visit to Arkansas on Saturday. He plans on taking a trip to Tennessee later in the spring. The state championship-winning quarterback -- a dual-threat option who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds at The Opening Dallas -- now has 23 offers. Texas A&M, as of Sunday morning, isn't one of them, but King said there is still time for schools to catch his attention.

"I believe I fit in a lot of offensive styles," King said, "but wherever I decide to go, I'm going to try to do the best I can." King said he hears the most from Baylor, TCU, Arkansas, Tennessee and Auburn. He's looking for a school that will have consistency within the coaching staff and a place that focuses on offensive style and quarterback development. King threw for 3,877 yards and 42 touchdowns and also rushed for 664 yards and eight touchdowns for a Longview team that went 16-0 and won the UIL Class 6A Division II state championship in December.

Duncanville, Texas, 2021 offensive tackle Savion Byrd may be a new name to casual recruiting fans, but to college coaches, he's already considered a must-get. At 6-foot-5 and 265 pounds, Byrd is an athletic lineman and a good-looking specimen with solid feet at the position. Byrd has 17 reported offers. While Texas A&M has not offered, Alabama, Florida State, Texas, LSU and a handful of other Power 5 programs have. "Everything is happening so fast," he said. "It's overwhelming." Byrd said he doesn't have any spring plans for unofficial visits as of yet, but he said he wants to visit LSU soon. He added that he hears regularly from SMU.

Recently at the Under Armour Dallas camp, Hazen, Arkansas, 4-star defensive end Blayne Toll might have had the line of the recruiting cycle. It involved the feeling of finally getting an offer from the in-state SEC school. "It's something I've always wanted, being from Arkansas," said Toll, the No. 1-ranked player in the state, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. "It's kind of like when you're trying to talk to a girl for a long time, and all her friends start hitting you up, and then they finally hit you up. It's still much love, though."

Toll has visited Arkansas, Tennessee and Ole Miss so far. He said he hasn't heard much from Texas A&M but added that he'd definitely be interested in making a visit to College Station. Measuring at 6-foot-5 1/2 and 244 pounds at The Opening Dallas, Toll is a player who is being recruited as both a defensive end and a tight end. He said he may be most comfortable playing defensive end at the next level. Toll bench presses 375 pounds and is ranked the nation's No. 17 strong-side defensive end, per 247Sports.

The Colony, Texas, 3-star athlete Myles Price was named the District 5-5A District I MVP this past season. He was named the Two-Way Player of the Year during his sophomore. There's no doubt that Price can be an impact player at the next level, but he told GigEm247 that his best was still yet to come. "Senior year's going to be something special, I will say that," Price said. "This offseason's going amazingly. I'm seeing improvements already."

The 5-foot-9, 165-pound athlete has a dozen offers, and while he hasn't picked up a Texas A&M offer, he has been in contact with defensive tackles coach Terry Price (no relation). Schools like Texas Tech, Washington State, SMU and Arizona State, Myles said, have been in touch with versatile prospect the most. "It's definitely been good," Price said of recruiting. "Things have been moving fast for me, but I'm starting to get the hang of everything. It's moving smoothly." Price is ranked the nation's No. 37 athlete and the No. 489 player overall in the 2020 class, according to 247Sports.

Copperas Cove 2021 offensive tackle McKenzie Agnello, has lost more than 30 pounds in an attempt to turn his body around. Once weighing 317 pounds, Agnello is now down to 289. "I was lifting a lot of weights and doing a lot of cardio," Agnello said. "I'm going to put back on some weight, but it's going to be muscle." Agnello is still something of a unknown in the recruiting circle, but he said he's been in contact with both Texas A&M and Texas Tech. No offers have been extended as of yet. Agnello plays left tackle for Copperas Cove, which lost to eventual state champion Longview in the Class 6A Division II playoffs. Agnello blocked for a Copperas Cove team that rushed for more than 2,600 yards this past season.

9 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Cherry Creek is pretty similar to Southlake. I really doubt the guy hasn’t had high level training and good facilities. So they want a short, fat, unathletic guy that’s probably close to maxed out (SEC ready!).

The great Santino Marichol was their last recruit from Cherry Creek in Denver (by way of IMG his Sr year).

• Like 1

1:51:00 A listener question asks why elite recruits choose Big 12 schools over SEC offers, so Looch reminisces about the recruitment of Mark Jackson who eventually went to OU, said players like him start "experiencing trepidation" (basically calling them scared) about playing physically week in and week out in the mighty SEC. 

1:57:20 Another question is "Why do the Horns try to say this the beginning of the decommit season here?", which sets Looch on a holier than thou rant against Bryan Carrington, the Horns media and fans, and how they're all jealous of him and texags (LOL), the 247 ranking conspiracy again, and that ultimately aggy coaching staff will be" head and shoulders above the one in Austin."

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/KiHNB8tdhIE/0113496-hzcu.mp3

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

1:51:00 A listener question asks why elite recruits choose Big 12 schools over SEC offers, so Looch reminisces about the recruitment of Mark Jackson who eventually went to OU, said players like him start "experiencing trepidation" (basically calling them scared) about playing physically week in and week out in the mighty SEC. 

1:57:20 Another question is "Why do the Horns try to say this the beginning of the decommit season here?", which sets Looch on a holier than thou rant against Bryan Carrington, the Horns media and fans, and how they're all jealous of him and texags (LOL), the 247 ranking conspiracy again, and that ultimately aggy coaching staff will be" head and shoulders above the one in Austin."

Looch must be one of those online grads from tu (trump univ)!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Holy shit - people actually believe this? Adults? 

32 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Not sure how you can listen to that but I always appreciate your good work!

• Like 2

This offseason may be looked back upon as peak Aggie.  They had their honeymoon recruiting year under their new coach, they're still basking in the glow of their Tax Slayer bowl victory over a mediocre ACC team, and they haven't yet notched their 5-6 losses in 2019.  

Edited by Ravishing Rick

6 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

Haha, pretty sure this perfectly parallels the podcast my sister told me my uncle listens to. Basically talked about the giants frozen under the artic as well as many other amazing things put out as common knowledge.

I'd actually listen to that.

2 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

This offseason may be looked back upon as peak Aggie.  They had their honeymoon recruiting year under their new coach, they're still basking in the glow of their Tax Slayer bowl victory over a mediocre ACC team, and they haven't yet notched their 5-6 losses in 2019.  

No, it’ll definitely be next offseason. They’ve already drunk the “aggy will make the CFP in 2020” flavor aid that Looch has been pushing hard. 

2 hours ago, Bigpoppapump said:

Haha, pretty sure this perfectly parallels the podcast my sister told me my uncle listens to. Basically talked about the giants frozen under the artic as well as many other amazing things put out as common knowledge.

You will not see the dawn, now that you've revealed ancient truths that should have remained hidden from the minds of men. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

7 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Have we seen the rollercoaster launched with a bowl win since JFF?

8 hours ago, TexasMan said:

No, it’ll definitely be next offseason. They’ve already drunk the “aggy will make the CFP in 2020” flavor aid that Looch has been pushing hard. 

Haven't they have already circled the calendars with the "easy" schedule that they have in '21? Once that slips through, then they will have realized Jimbo was just another fraud that took them for $75M.

There will be a tremendous disturbance in the Force next season, though when they lose to Georgia and Texas beats LSU.

10 hours ago, TexasMan said:

The thing of his "week in and week out" argument is that no matter what happens head on the field, he will always pull that out.

E.g., Big 12 goes 3-1 in bowl season including Texas stomping UGA, but he can always go back to "well they wouldn't be able to do that every week." It's dumb, but they always change the tune to fit the story they need to tell the subscribers.

Looch podcast is soooo good. 

On OL

"It's not great this year. it's good. There's a couple guys already commmited to Texas they've grossly inflated. They're good, but don't deserve to be ranked that high. Next year will be one of the best we've ever seen"

Why guys choose B12 over SEC

"As their recruitment goes on, there's a level of softness good coaches can detect"

"What makes them back off is there seems to be some trepidation for wanting to play defense in the SEC."

"He (Mark Jackson) chose to go play for a disgustingly group of players. That were so bad that they got not 1 but 2 coaches fired."

"I know OU has beaten some SEC teams. I know Texas has. They did it once. They do it with a month off. They don't do it week after week. Some of these kids aren't built for that grind."

"Although, I'll say this. There sure isn't a lot of players coming out of that league to play in the NFL in the early rounds to play defense. They don't want to admit it. But it's a problem"

On other crap

"They're trying very hard to create this narrative and perception from guys like Bryan Carrington, he'd rather be a rockstar. He's more concerned with that. Having his hair look right. And doing the shush emoji and being, you know, He's gotten caught up in being his own little celebrity. More so than,  eventually it will be put ahead of the actual task is. You don't see that right now. Herman will have to have control over that, and I don't think he will."

On Twitter

"I always get accused of, like you know, they think, he's trying to recruit for A&M...but the group covering Texas recruiting and that football program. I get hit with the term fanboy and it's fun, whatever, call me what you want. call me someone. Look what we buitl and you all wish we had this. Fine, look at what I built. I did this. We did this. This team did this. Thie owners did this. This started 20 years ago and it started with me doing this. They all want this. So there's a big deal of envy there. This group is the biggest group of fanboys I've seen. It's almost like they've assembled and are working together to hype certain guys out and get the word out. At the end of the day, they are fans on social media. There are lot of longhorns I consider dear friends. Hell, my sister, but the twitter texas fans are among the most disgusting despicable group I've seen."

On manipulating rankings

But they're going to spin it and spin their guys up, and when A&M loses a guy. They didn't spin Akinola up in their rankings like they did with Logan Parr. I don't think he's any better than Akinola or Bankhead. You look at the offer list. Major Burns is a badass, go watch his tape. He didn't soar up the rankings. Garrett Hayes has better Oline tape than any lineman in the state, and he's not an Aggy yet. I would say coming into last weekend, OU or Arkansas probably led. His tape is better than anyone in Texas. And He's not an undersized guy. He's 6-5 280, almost 285 now, playing three sports. He's an elite prospect. He's an OL coaches dream. We havent' seen him soar up yet like Jaylen Garth did. So, just like last year, you could go back, you know the manipulation of the rankings. And Shannon Terry has to answer to this, and he's tried to, and Shannon's is my dude. But What's happening now with 247, , what happened last year with some of these moves is head scratching, like the kid from Plano East...What Texas is doing right now with the overhyping of guys, and demaning that eyeballs get on him, and probably behind the scenes talking. It's become like a thing. Oh Lucci thinks this. It's become a funny joke. It's a funny because it's true. But at the same time. So Akinola doesn't shoot up, so they don't do that, but when he decommits it's a devastating loss, so which one is it. And here' sthe deal. There's going to be decommits, if they think Texas A&M recruiting is going anywhere, it's laughable. This reruiting staff is head and shoulders above the one in Austin, and time will bear that out. No matter how much you do that. 

Edited by Neonmoon
transcribing more with time
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

On OL

"It's not great this year. it's good. There's a couple guys already commmited to Texas they've grossly inflated. They're good, but don't deserve to be ranked that high. Next year will be one of the best we've ever seen"

"As their recruitment goes on, there's a level of softness good coaches can detect"

"What makes them back off is there seems to be some kind of trepidation that a kid has for playing in the SEC"

"Mark Jackson chose to go to a defense that was disgustingly bad"

"I know OU has beaten some SEC teams. Texas has. Texas did it once. They do it with a month off. They don't do it week after week."

"There sure isn't a lot of players coming out of that league to play in the NFL in the earl rounds. They don't want to admit it. But it's a problem"

On other crap

"Bryan Carrington is trying to be a rockstar. He's more concerned with that. Having his hair look right. doing the shush emoji. He's got caught up being his own celebrity"

Amazing how SEC is A&M's biggest recruiting advantage yet it is suddenly becoming a huge recruiting disadvantage.

I like how the titles of these articles are starting to sound more and more desperate.

Damon Sayles: North Carolina OL Anthony Carter Jr. comments on A&M, considering a visit

Recruiting and evaluating talent from coast to coast has been a recognizable calling card of sorts for Jimbo Fisherand his staff. In the last two recruiting classes, the Texas A&M staff has signed 17 out-of-state players, from California to Florida to Pennsylvania. The 2020 class has six commits, and one, 4-star safety Major Burns, is from Louisiana. The Aggies are hoping to have similar success with out-of-state targets in the 2020 class. Matthews, North Carolina, offensive lineman Anthony Carter Jr. is one of the latest players to land a Texas A&M offer, The 6-foot-4, 300-pound, 3-star lineman from Butler High School has 19 reported offers and added Texas to his growing list on Wednesday. "I've been told I can play tackle or guard," Carter told GigEm247. "It really doesn't matter to me. I'm comfortable everywhere."

Carter, who played right tackle for Butler during the 2018 season, is being recruited by Texas A&M offensive line coach Josh Henson. Carter has been in contact with Henson and said he is considering a visit to College Station between now and the end of the summer. "I talked to him the night before," Carter said of Henson. "We talked about football and Texas A&M. We talked about the environment and the conference. He was telling me by the time I get there, there would be a lot of open spots."

Carter has 19 offers, but Texas A&M is Carter's first SEC offer. His stock is expected to rise throughout the spring, and he has a chance to truly make an impact for college recruiting evaluators next month at The Opening Charlotte. Carter took an unofficial visit to Clemson on Saturday and said he enjoyed the trip as a whole. It was his first trip to the home of the reigning national champion. It's a placed he said "was different there" but a place he really liked. Texas A&M is hoping Carter can say the same about its campus one day. The winning school, whichever school lands Carter, will get a player who not only enjoys contact but makes it his business at Butler to be the enforcer on the offensive line. "I'm physical, and I will put people on their butts," he said. "I make sure I finish off my blocks."

Carter is nationally ranked as the No. 38 offensive guard in the 2020 class, according to 247Sports. He's also ranked the No. 20 player out of the state of North Carolina.

Edited by satyanash
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

On OL

"What makes them back off is there seems to be some kind of trepidation that a kid has for playing in the SEC"

"I know OU has beaten some SEC teams. Texas has. Texas did it once. They do it with a month off. They don't do it week after week."

"There sure isn't a lot of players coming out of that league to play in the NFL in the earl rounds. They don't want to admit it. But it's a problem"

On other crap

"Bryan Carrington is trying to be a rockstar. He's more concerned with that. Having his hair look right. doing the shush emoji. He's got caught up being his own celebrity"

Last year's first pick, this years possible first pick, ya.. just awful talent. 

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

On OL

On other crap

The part where Looch infers that Herman is going to have to fire Carrington for getting a big head is my favorite part. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

14 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, that's why he's such a UT hater.....his sister got into Texas and he's jealous of her.....makes perfect sense now.

I remember when the girl I was banging went to a different college...I can imagine how looch would feel the same about the girl hes was banging