Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

If he arrives, it will be a big chance for Jimbo Fisher and Co. to make up ground with him.

Can aggy 9.95ers ever NOT say "Jimbo Fisher and Co."?

Some suggested alternates:

1. "The Staff"

2. "Jimbo's Cuck Crew"

3. "The Bag Hag"

4. "Fisher/Price"

5. "The Lollipop Guild"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

So there have been at least 5-6 Ags asking about Reed and his whereabouts on the 247 site, including an 8 hour old thread that is simply "Tarp where was Grayson Reed Yesterday?" and not a word. No reply to any one of the questions about him on various threads. Maybe @Lobwedgephil will be able to chase down anything TA has to offer on Reed. 

Billy said he was unavailable yesterday, no more mention or questions about him. 

• Like 1

My favorite delusion of Aggy these days that they have convinced themselves they have a great Oline now

and they had great oline recruiting last year (Green means everyone is good)

have great OL recruiting this year (lol)

and will have great OL recruiting next year (every highly rated guy is already committed to them in their minds because Jimbo)

It is all based on Kenyon Green. Yes he’s amazing. However they think that extends to every other guy they recruited. 

Edited by Neonmoon
I’m dumb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, texifornia said:

"Evans is like Saquon Barkley" used as an explanation of why he's not a must-get. Yeah.

Also North Shore High School is the center of a giant taxpayer-funded anti-aggy conspiracy.

JFC Norman. So much goodness.

1. ”We’ll be just fine keeping a well(-)stocked pipeline of 4(-)star Texas RBs.” This is a great retort to missing out on a once-in-10 years talent at RB. Not to mention A&M has signed 1 “4(-)star Texas RB” in the last three years so by your own logic...

2. “one of the state’s flagship universities” Um Norman, let me direct you to the definition of flagship, because you keep using that word. I don’t think you know what it means.

Flagship: the ship in a fleet which carries the commanding admiral.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

My favorite delusion of Aggy these days that they have convinced themselves they have a great Oline now

and they had great oline recruiting last year (Green means everyone is good)

have great OL recruiting this year (lol)

and will have great OL recruiting next year (every highly rated guy is already committed to them in their minds because Jimbo)

It is all based on Kenyon Green. Yes he’s amazing. However they think that extends to every other guy they recruited. 

And since the Sec! is a LOS league, they will be winning championships in no time

• Like 1

1:55:30 Listener question: "I read a national article (SBNation) that says we are out of it for Zach Evans. Is this true or is it more BOMC for tay yew?" 

Looch then goes on about aggy has a real shot at Evans and you'd be a fool to write aggy off, and how the listener should probably stop reading anything from national or Texas media because they are "diluted with bias, and you can't get yourself wrapped up in that propaganda." This coming from Billy Muff chin Liucci!!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/mom-2WeaGDk/0114176-vobb.mp3

• Like 4

Damon Sayles: 4-star CB Ryan Watts recaps productive A&M visit

Little Elm 4-star cornerback Ryan Watts left College Station Thursday evening saying eight words Texas A&M fans will love to hear. "It was great! Best visit I've taken yet," Watts said. Watts made the trip to the campus Thursday for an unofficial visit and the chance to watch spring workouts. It was a chance for Watts to return to College Station for the first time since Feb. 3, when he made the trip for the Aggies' Super Bowl party.

Thursday was a visit that left Watts with a lot to think about, as it gave him an opportunity to not only converse in depth with members of the coaching staff face to face but also see the levels of potency with Jimbo Fisher and the rest of the staff in a practice setting. "The practice definitely had a lot of intensity," Watts said, "and one of the first things I noticed when I walked in was how much bigger the players were."

Credit Jerry Schmidt and his staff for dazzling the 6-foot-2 1/2, 187-pound 2020 target. And while strength and conditioning was a legitimate talking point for Watts, he also enjoyed the time spent with and tutelage of the members of the coaching staff. "The coaches were just showing me all the tools and explaining to me how they'd mold me into a great player and help me continue playing on, eventually to the next level," he said.

Watts is being recruited to Texas A&M by cornerbacks coach Maurice Linguist and said he's heard from both Linguist and Fisher throughout his process. He currently has 30 reported offers, including Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Arkansas.

Watts is ranked the nation's No. 16 cornerback and No. 209 player overall in the 2020 class, according to 247Sports. At The Opening Dallas regional camp on March 3, he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.59 seconds, ran the agility shuttle in 4.2 seconds, threw the power ball 40 feet and recorded a vertical jump of 38 inches. Watts tallied a ratings score of 116.91, which was the sixth-best score of the day.

Turner actually did a respectable job with the run blocking last year. They were awful with pass protection and includes having a mobile QB. They lost their best OL in McCoy and another starter to graduation.

Their non bread OL includes Green, Blanton, Jenkins, and Reed. Green isn't on campus and Reed is no where to be found at spring practice. Plus Henson isn't really a mesh with Jimbo's pro style offense. We saw this play out before when Christensen was brought in as a misfit to Sumlin's offense.

Edited by HtownHorn

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Turner actually did a respectable job with the run blocking last year. They were awful with pass protection and includes having a mobile QB. They lost their best OL in McCoy and another starter to graduation.

Their non bread OL includes Green, Blanton, Jenkins, and Reed. Green isn't on campus and Reed is no where to be found at spring practice. Plus Henson isn't really a mesh with Jimbo's pro style offense. We saw this play out before when Christensen was brought in as a misfit to Sumlin's offense.

Forgot about Blanton. He was a good prospect. I don’t read aggy offseason stuff much, have there been and reports about where Blanton will play? He should be ready to contribute by now if he’s any good.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

More Evans:

i understand the package deal hostility, but isn't george being courted pretty hard by the very schools a&m relies on for their identity?  shouldn't that be enough to confirm an opinion?

also they fucking hate evans' brother.  man it's fun to watch.  i eagerly await his next no-show.

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Forgot about Blanton. He was a good prospect. I don’t read aggy offseason stuff much, have there been and reports about where Blanton will play? He should be ready to contribute by now if he’s any good.

Ourlads has him as the backup at RT now, but you are right, if he is any good he should be a starter coming out of spring based on the shittiness in front of him.

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Forgot about Hamm's water slide buddy. He was a good prospect. I don’t read aggy offseason stuff much, have there been and reports about where Hamm's water slide buddy will play? He should be ready to contribute by now if he’s any good.

FIFY.

15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The interior of the aggy OL could be some combination of Hocker, Jenkins, Matthews, McCollum, Prater, or Clement.  That's not going to be very good.

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

1:55:30 Listener question: "I read a national article (SBNation) that says we are out of it for Zach Evans. Is this true or is it more BOMC for tay yew?" 

Looch then goes on about aggy has a real shot at Evans and you'd be a fool to write aggy off, and how the listener should probably stop reading anything from national or Texas media because they are "diluted with bias, and you can't get yourself wrapped up in that propaganda." This coming from Billy Muff chin Liucci!!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/mom-2WeaGDk/0114176-vobb.mp3

Transcribed

Question: I read an article that really has me doubting Evans coming to school in Aggieland. Should I read into that or is that national media bias towards tu?"

"Well, I, I don't think A&M's like leading, there was a time early when I would say I thought they were. But if you're writing him off to A&M. I think you are way way off. And I don't mean this in kind of a rude way, but you should probably should just stop reading this stuff.  Zach's kind of all over the map in interviews and stuff anyway. There's so much recruiting to be done. I mean, Texas' running backs don't even lead their team in rushing. And then you got A&M with Trayveon Williams led the SEC and ran for almost 1800 yards. I mean At some point in time these things are going to start factoring in.  There's going to be momentum changes. And not just his recruitment, but any recruitment. Ryan Watts was here yesterday. Who I think is a terrific corner out of Little Elm. And there was a point in time when I felt great about A&M getting him. Then it seemed like Texas made an impression. But really now it's A&M and OU in a battle. And they had him in town yesterday. And I think's there been a momentum swing in A&Ms favor. That doesn't mean they're gonna get him...Now if he committed, it'd be huge. It would be a huge deal. If they were able to get him. But I think if you look at Watts, and the momentum swing is already there. Um Zach Evans is no different. It's just more high profile. There's are gonna be swings of momentum with him. And he's coming in, scheduled to come in this weekend. Demond Demas is comning up, planning to spend some time with him. (This's years Leon) You know he's going to get the red carpet rolled out. Let's see how he feels coming out of the A&M visit. I've gotten to the point where a lot of these guys that cover this thing nationally. And the People that cover it for other schools. that people cover Texas its such an agenda . It's such agenda driven. It's so biased. From people like, People like Byron Carrington over there at Texas. It's just so diluted with bias. You can't let yourself read that and get caught up. There's just this like propaganda war going on, on social media. And the people. and it's not all of them. But a lot of the people that cover it, That are completely wrapped up and engulfed in it to where If Brawny or Howell acted like that, they wouldn't work here. And they know, and they don't, they don't have it in them, I don't even have to worry about it  (It's allowed to happen over there). And the regional and national guys. I've just lost. There's some of them that I think do a hell of a job. I always say that one of the guys that stands out. Barton Simmons is terrific. He always has been. He's a pro...There's a lot of them, and I think Shannon Terry gets a good group over there at 247. But There's also a lot of them out there, that it's just. you know like Major Burns gets an LSU offer. And you can see these guys. A couple of them we work with. just falling all over themselves, to try to on twitter, because they know Major Burns is reading it, to try to just talk about what an honor it is, you know, the LSU offer or how he fits. It's like. It really is like watching fans. And they say that about us. It's like, I don't sit there and tweet. I mean when they commit, you talk about what about what kind of fit they are, and you write it in the articles. But to do it on twitter when know a guy is gonna see it and retweet it. The whole thing has just really gotten to disgusting levels. So to me, I would say to quit reading the crap, outside of this. If it stresses you out. If you can't, If it makes you give up on guys and makes it not as fun. If you can handle it , fine, I think it's great entertainment"

(parenthesis are funny chime ins from the guy other than Looch)

• Like 4

you guys remember Maureese Wren from 2018?  Teams were trying to get him to play LB but he was dead set on playing WR (including having an "uncle" pushing him that way). Anyway, it looks like he is going to visit Aggy and is open to a position change to LB now. Looks like he ended up at Tyler JUCO

https://247sports.com/Player/Maureese-Wren-93957/

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

you guys remember Maureese Wren from 2018?  Teams were trying to get him to play LB but he was dead set on playing WR (including having an "uncle" pushing him that way). Anyway, it looks like he is going to visit Aggy and is open to a position change to LB now. Looks like he ended up at Tyler JUCO

https://247sports.com/Player/Maureese-Wren-93957/

He was a good athlete, and lord knows aggy needs LBs.

Plus if his personal situation is still volatile, it'll add to the Seminole-ization of the aggy locker room.

3 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

So evans made it to campus, but aggy all butthurt his brother says he wont attend aggy?

Their real frustration is they can’t publicly call the name they really want so they have to settle for words like: dirty, hanger on, obnoxious, embarrassment, attention seeker, etc.

42 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oh no Evans won't be used in our offence

RiverRat is a true gem from that board.  Almost in the same category as Daddy98 and mfeldstein.

So clueless, Herman wants to run the offense like he did at tOSU with Elliot, but you can't tell them that.  Also, lulz at him thinking they have a very good OL and it's better.

Plus, Evans would only play with Ehlinger for 1 year at most.

Brian Perroni: 5-star Zach Evans, multiple 4-stars in Aggieland

Texas A&M has already hosted some big visitors the past couple of days and has several set to be in town on Saturday as well. However, the Aggies have a big one on campus Friday. After having to postpone several previous visits, North Shore five-star running back Zachary Evans planned a trip to Aggieland for this weekend. He was going to arrive on Friday and stay through Saturday's practice.

This time, the visit happened. The 5-foot-11, 200-pound junior is in Aggieland as of late Friday afternoon. Evans, the No. 2 overall composite prospect in the country, has at least some interest in A&M or else he would not have made the trip. However, the Aggies do have a bit of an uphill battle on their hands with him. His teammate, four-star offensive linemen Damieon George, is also in town.

Utah four-star athlete Noah Sewell is also set to arrive on Friday and spent the night while Michigan quarterback commit JD Johnson out of Arizona is also expected in town Friday. Four-star sophomore offensive linemen Donovan Jackson and Bryce Foster will both be in town separately on Saturday. Also expected on Saturday are Tyler J.C. athlete Maureese Wren and class of 2022 Fort Worth Nolan running back Emeka Megwa, who already holds six early offers.

Four-star Texas A&M offensive line commit Smart Chibuzo made his way to Aggieland on Friday morning and says the visit went well. He is now headed to Alabama with his Fast7v7 teammates.