2021 Texas Style Rose Bowl - Notre Dame vs Alabama 3PM on ESPN

notre dame joe

10 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

so a meaningless TD coming up for ND, so they beat the spread! Wow! 

Some dipshit writers next year will use this as justification for sticking their unworthy asses in the playoff again if they win 10 games.  But... but... they covered against Alabama, who does that???!!

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Technically, yes. Played for 3 and won 2 AT the Rose Bowl.

The 2010 game we played in at the Rose Bowl was not the Rose Bowl.  It was the "BCS National Championship Game Presented By Some Random Business Daddy".  The Rose Bowl was simply the venue.  Oregon and Ohio State played in "The Rose Bowl" that season.

Edited by Surly Bevo

4 minutes ago, SDG said:

The juice covers the squeeze.  They make money on every bet and the action moves the line.  Vegas always wins that's why sports betting works.     

Yeah but I don't think money is always perfectly balanced. Books still have some authority in setting lines. 

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I never gamble. It ruins it for me. 

It adds to the excitement for me but I don't bet much $ (think bar tab type money) so can easily laugh off every loss.  the only rules I have is that I can't bet against my team(s) so for example: if I don't think Texas covers I'll only bet the ou or sit it out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah but I don't think money is always perfectly balanced. Books still have some authority in setting lines. 

oh they definitely take L's periodically but that usually happens when they royally fuck up the opening line and a bunch of money comes in.  As the event gets closer the line moves to offset any potential loss.   It's a slight of hand but not rocket science.   

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They key thing here to keep in mind is that they both lost, one of them hasn't won a title since the Berlin Wall fell, and the other hasn't won a title since Nazi Germany invaded France.

If aggy really needed comeback material they could remind ND that in 2012 they beat the Bama team that laid down the worst ass-beating in MNCCG history against ND.

• Hook 'Em 1