2021 Playstation Fiesta Bowl - Oregon vs. Iowa State

satyanash

20 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Haha congrats, man. Great season for y'all and a nice NYD+1 victory.

Pac-12 really had no business in these bowl games.

Possibly not, but 3 of the top 4 teams in the conference were out, which didn't help the matchups any. Oregon was by no means the best team in the conference (although I think ISU probably beats UW or Utah, both those teams have much better defenses than Oregon).

Yes he does. Dude has an eye for talent (not a Purdy fan, but I digress). 

The Purdy hate baffles me. Dude has crushed every ISU record, beaten every Big 12 school, and just won us a god damn Fiesta Bowl. But the narrative within Big 12 circles is that he’s overrated.

I may be biased because he looks like my bastard child, but still.

7 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

The Purdy hate baffles me. Dude has crushed every ISU record, beaten every Big 12 school, and just won us a god damn Fiesta Bowl. But the narrative within Big 12 circles is that he’s overrated.

I may be biased because he looks like my bastard child, but still.

LOL. I think it's because he's so erratic. One game he'll be a monster and the next he'll pull a Sam and make some baffling decisions. No doubt he pulled through and got y'all a top 10 ranking and did all he could. I'm happy for y'all and the kids 

LOL. I think it's because he's so erratic. One game he'll be a monster and the next he'll pull a Sam and make some baffling decisions. No doubt he pulled through and got y'all a top 10 ranking and did all he could. I'm happy for y'all and the kids 

He’s really not that erratic. Maybe I’m looking through the lens of lots of bad QB play, but fuck. I can’t ask for much more.

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

He’s really not that erratic. Maybe I’m looking through the lens of lots of bad QB play, but fuck. I can’t ask for much more.

Hey, y'all got a win in a NY6 bowl and you can't ask much more than that from ISU. It's a great win and should help with recruiting a little bit to Ames. Campbell has definitely gotten better and better each season. 

• Like 1

I came to laud those Big12 Defenses!

Team Stats

Oregon Iowa State
First downs 17 25
Rushing 4 14
Passing 13 10
Penalty 0 1
Total Net Yards 311 381
Net Yards Rushing 86 228
Rushing Plays 18 56
Average Gain 4.8 4.1
Net Yards Passing 225 153
Att - Comp - Int 28-19-1 29-20-0
Sacked - Yds Lost 1-1 1-3
Gross Yards Passing 226 156
Avg. Yds/Att 8.1

Does 311 total yards count as a stifling?  The turnovers made UO seem much worse.  I guess the important stat is 

1 2 3 4 Total
Oregon (4-3) 7 10 0 0 17
Iowa State (9-3) 7 21 3 3 34