Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

38 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

As a Dad, I know I want my kids to do better than I have. And I’ve got a pretty damn good life. 🤘🏻

Counterpoint, there are a lot of shitty fathers out there. Or in the case of Aggies, parents. Or his dad is awesome and his son hero-worships him and wants to honor him. Who knows. 

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Counterpoint, there are a lot of shitty fathers out there. Or in the case of Aggies, parents. Or his dad is awesome and his son hero-worships him and wants to honor him. Who knows. 

I truly do hope that it is the latter!

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Aeryn Hampton did it all for Daingerfield (Texas) High School in 2022. He finished his junior season with 55 receptions for 1,161 yards and 13 touchdowns. He also racked up 57 tackles, five tackles for loss, three interceptions, three fumble recoveries and two forced fumbles. Hampton also excelled on special teams with 11 returns for 260 yards and a score. Those numbers helped him earn second-team all-state honors in 2022. Midway through his junior season, Hampton reportedly transferred to nearby Carthage High School. Hampton also runs track and plays basketball. His favorite musician is NBA YoungBoy. He plans on majoring in welding in college. His mother is Lisa Boyd.

Is this real?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Aeryn Hampton did it all for Daingerfield (Texas) High School in 2022. He finished his junior season with 55 receptions for 1,161 yards and 13 touchdowns. He also racked up 57 tackles, five tackles for loss, three interceptions, three fumble recoveries and two forced fumbles. Hampton also excelled on special teams with 11 returns for 260 yards and a score. Those numbers helped him earn second-team all-state honors in 2022. Midway through his junior season, Hampton reportedly transferred to nearby Carthage High School. Hampton also runs track and plays basketball. His favorite musician is NBA YoungBoy. He plans on majoring in welding in college. His mother is Lisa Boyd.

Is this real?

Great career path for a lot of people, weird fit with P5 college football.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Is this real?

this isn't up to date, he has transferred back to Dfield. folks on Smokey are saying it was a UIL thing

870B2682-EEF3-4C84-B73A-96BFC28AE621.thu

7 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

What do you do?

I’m retired.

What did you do?

Welder.

Acetylene? Mig? Tig?

Any of it. If it can be welded, I can weld it.

Cast iron?

Yeah.

I don’t mean braze.

I didn’t say braze.

Pot metal?

What did I say?

61A1D79E-2E53-41C7-90FA-9AE14CE98D02.jpeg.9907710d6b43f4b4f20fac791945e025.jpeg

14 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

What do you do?

I’m retired.

What did you do?

Welder.

Acetylene? Mig? Tig?

Any of it. If it can be welded, I can weld it.

Cast iron?

Yeah.

I don’t mean braze.

I didn’t say braze.

Pot metal?

What did I say?

An old friend years ago was a damn good welder,  machinest  and character. Could make anything out of metal. When asked if he could weld, his response was, "I can weld a pigs ass to linoleum".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

In a similar vein, my late father was a recovering alcoholic for the last 30 years of his life. He and Mom had retired to Walden, so he went to meetings in Conroe. Back then, the attendees were mostly blue collar but not all. 

One guy at a meeting, a move-in like Dad, got off on a tangent about how God had come in to his life to help with this and other things. At one point well into his overlong speech, he began  describing how his car had broken down on the road, but he prayed and God made the car go again.

A voice from the back of the room, likely a local, rumbles to life, "God don't pick up no wrenches."

Excellent. Dad loved the line, and I never forgot the story.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

For the football related one I’d say Wilson or Okoye

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Clark.  Maybe Hills?

Could be two of those. Nahlin put one yesterday too 

Edited by OB3

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls