Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

There are some great Texas HS mascot names out there.

Mason Punchers that play in the Puncherdome is probably my favorite.

The best paired name is Winters Blizzards.

Fuck Texas City, their mascot killed Steve Irwin :(

The Texas City Stingerees! My sophomore year on varsity, we were down 34-7 against them and came back and won it. We were down by 11 in the fourth quarter my junior year and came back and won it. My senior year I caught 9 passes for over 200 yards and 2 tds and we lost by 20. Last game of competitive football I ever played. Good times.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Texas City Stingerees! My sophomore year on varsity, we were down 34-7 against them and came back and won it. We were down by 11 in the fourth quarter my junior year and came back and won it. My senior year I caught 9 passes for over 200 yards and 2 tds and we lost by 20. Last game of competitive football I ever played. Good times.

you are from around this area?  I live in Texas City/La Marque (Lago Mar subdivision next to the outlet and buccees). As I drive around and get to know the area better, love seeing the water towers bearing the state championship wins (Texas City/La Marque/Dickinson).  My high school in Austin that I attended, were never close to competing for one (Crockett).

4 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

you are from around this area?  I live in Texas City/La Marque (Lago Mar subdivision next to the outlet and buccees). As I drive around and get to know the area better, love seeing the water towers bearing the state championship wins (Texas City/La Marque/Dickinson).  My high school in Austin that I attended, were never close to competing for one (Crockett).

I am indeed from that area, generally speaking. Used to walk off the edge of the coast near the dike with my buddies on afternoons after school and wade out towards Dollar Point and catch whatever we could catch. Had a house in Galveston for 8 years up until recently and was driving by that area to get there all of the time. Miss it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Oh, believe it. My freshman year at their field, our dipshit QB threw a fucking pick 6. I came from behind and caught the db from 25 yards down the field and tackled him inside the 5 and the refs gave him a TD. The QB's dad filmed the game and the QB is one of my best friends and business partners. We still have the footage. He loves the tape because there's also a play where he drops a dime from about 30 yards out to me in the back of the end zone, but as I'm diving for the ball, the fucking football goes through my hands and hits my facemask, bouncing up in the air like 20 feet and going out of bounds. It's fucking wonderful in slomo. I caught a TD on the same play next play, but no one remembers that part, just the ball ricocheting off of my face into the dark night.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Oh, believe it. My freshman year at their field, our dipshit QB threw a fucking pick 6. I came from behind and caught the db from 25 yards down the field and tackled him inside the 5 and the refs gave him a TD. The QB's dad filmed the game and the QB is one of my best friends and business partners. We still have the footage. He loves the tape because there's also a play where he drops a dime from about 30 yards out to me in the back of the end zone, but as I'm diving for the ball, the fucking football goes through my hands and hits my facemask, bouncing up in the air like 20 feet and going out of bounds. It's fucking wonderful in slomo. I caught a TD on the same play next play, but no one remembers that part, just the ball ricocheting off of my face into the dark night.

That's a lot of specific information. You're cool with people figuring out who you are?  (assuming you're not just making shit up...)

11 minutes ago, RabidM said:

That's a lot of specific information. You're cool with people figuring out who you are?  (assuming you're not just making shit up...)

Ha. You think there's a lot of data out there about a freshman football game from decades ago regarding a dropped end zone pass and a db getting caught from behind? I feel like that's pretty damned obscure. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. You think there's a lot of data out there about a freshman football game from decades ago regarding a dropped end zone pass and a db getting caught from behind? I feel like that's pretty damned obscure. 

yeah, this dude could never get doxxed.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The 1990 Texas City vs Pasadena game is the only game I could find in which Texas City scored 34 or more points, and lost (I only went back to 1980).

If somebody wants to dig up old newspaper articles about that game, then I think y'all might be able to get confirmation.

http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?action=schedule&T=1506&S=1990&GUID=3868637085

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Guess you were throwing to yourself. Didn't you play QB at Port Neches in the 60s followed by a stint at Mcneese State?

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Wait, Freshman football game? I thought it was sophomore varsity.

5 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

The 1990 Texas City vs Pasadena game is the only game I could find in which Texas City scored 34 or more points, and lost (I only went back to 1980).

If somebody wants to dig up old newspaper articles about that game, then I think y'all might be able to get confirmation.

http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?action=schedule&T=1506&S=1990&GUID=3868637085

They don't write in the newspaper about JV games

4 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

yeah, this dude could never get doxxed.

Once you have been kissed by the fire, you make some sort of peace with all of the bullshit or you disappear.

4 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Incorrect. Maybe it was 33 points or something, I don't have a clipping.

3 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Guess you were throwing to yourself. Didn't you play QB at Port Neches in the 60s, followed by a stint at Mcneese State?

Well done.

3 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Wait, Freshman football game? I thought it was sophomore varsity.

I was explicit with both posts. 

Some of you guys are too serious. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Ah. The 1991 T.C. team lost to Pasadena Rayburn with 33 points. Perhaps that's the one.

Oh, I misread. Thought it was the same game.

I got the impression he was doing the mission after being in college a year as a tactic to placate and get away from super mom/mormon. Then just not do it once he was here. 

But i guess mom wins. 

Shades of Bryce Foster. Mom gets what she wants.  And kids dreams?  Not so much. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There's enough information out there for Brian Perroni to claim he saw the game in person, or better yet, that he was the QB in that scenario. "Best pass I ever threw and this idiot WR bounced it off his facemask. Of course he went on to go to school at Texas."

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Once you have been kissed by the fire, you make some sort of peace with all of the bullshit or you disappear.

Well done.

Some of you guys are too serious. 

I've had lunch with you.  The only serious thing that came out of that was your blood sugar levels after I watched you consume 5 20oz Arnold Palmers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Is losing by 20 really competitive?

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls