Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Interested to hear what they think about Dubose.  Injured last year.  Loves Texas but I was under the impression that he was in the 2nd group of WRs.  

Injured but came back and did really well in track at state. Looks perfectly healthy in offseason workouts. I believe he will have an incredible year this season and the way he played the 1st game before injury, he would have been much higher ranked by now.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Post Oak said:

Interested to hear what they think about Dubose.  Injured last year.  Loves Texas but I was under the impression that he was in the 2nd group of WRs.  

Here you go - lots of positive Freddie Dubose content.

image.thumb.png.e2563215428c794f8bea36747159df52.png

image.thumb.png.c4f05b1a83fa98c8d0a7b5492b4bc3ec.png

image.thumb.png.1e3c85f17967eeae03ee2c54ad160597.png

user generated

user generated

• Hook 'Em 4

30 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Gekyle Baker is getting a run of TCU picks.  Don't think he's scheduled an OV here.

59 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Gerry loves Brooks at IOL.

A class of Cruz, Brooks, Saina, and 2/3 of Baker, Daniels, or Calhoun would be incredible.

Yeah I forgot where, but some site was talking about how Brooks dominated a recent camp.

Also, don't forget about the other Mater Dei OL, Carter.  He's taking an OV in September.

Baker would be Banks replacement in two years.

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So the WR haul is probably Livingstone, Dubose, and hopefully Hudson?  With someone like Wingo being a take no matter what?

Wingo and Bussey are both takes no matter what. 5 WRs may be the number when you look at Whittington, Worthy, Mitchell, and Neyor leaving after this season. Leaving a room of Cook, Nibblett (had to be talked out of decommitting late in the process), Moore, and Cain. 

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Wingo and Bussey are both takes no matter what. 5 WRs may be the number when you look at Whittington, Worthy, Mitchell, and Neyor leaving after this season. Leaving a room of Cook, Nibblett, Moore, and Cain.

Portal 1-2.  you dont take more than 4 no matter what, but hopefully no more than 3. 

Gerry has said multiple times, it will be hard to get top Margin Hooks guys in back to back years. Cook in 23 and Hudson in 24 are both Hooks guys. If thats the case then give me D. Moore in 2025 along with Ryan Williams. 

3 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Portal 1-2.  you dont take more than 4 no matter what, but hopefully no more than 3. 

Gerry has said multiple times, it will be hard to get top Margin Hooks guys in back to back years. Cook in 23 and Hudson in 24 are both Hooks guys. If thats the case then give me D. Moore in 2025 along with Ryan Williams. 

I guess you make that decision when you see what is in the portal around signing day. You have 3-4 different WR positions in Sarkisian's offense. To say that Cook and Hudson would not play at the same time is interesting.

Edited by HtownHorn

13 hours ago, TheContractor said:

That’s not what Gerry says. There’s a difference taking guys in back to back years and taking guys who play the same position in back to back years. Not all of the guys that Hooks trains play the same WR role

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That’s not what Gerry says. There’s a difference taking guys in back to back years and taking guys who play the same position in back to back years. Not all of the guys that Hooks trains play the same WR role

This, there are 3 starting roles and two of those can be very similar dudes at outside wr.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Do Hudson and Cook play the same role/position?

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Like all time or recently? He’s on an official to tech this weekend isn’t he?

He is

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Like all time or recently? He’s on an official to tech this weekend isn’t he?

He is but some of these likes go back over a month ago. A ton of Tech content. Not much Texas. And nothing from around the time of his unofficial visit.

Again, read into it what you will.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Suchomel and Fat Ketch just forecasted Joshua Lair to Texas.  Little surprised if true, figure staff would see what Black, Bridges, Rubell, and Gipson do.

https://247sports.com/player/joshua-lair-46131044/

I'd be more than a little surprised if true given that it's Fat Ketch making a prediction.

35 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Suchomel and Fat Ketch just forecasted Joshua Lair to Texas.  Little surprised if true, figure staff would see what Black, Bridges, Rubell, and Gipson do.

https://247sports.com/player/joshua-lair-46131044/

He hits like a linebacker. I wonder what his true measurements are - I have seen from 6' 1/2" 185lbs to 6'2" 195lbs.

24 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That gives it away.

Yeah. I'm not a big fan, though. Hopefully, he can add weight. Right now he looks like a tweener - He blocks like a wr and plays split out half the time. Looking at On3, it seems that is the profile that it likes, though. Most of the guys are light and few are solid blockers.

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/industry-player/football/2024/?position=te

Edited by Bevo

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls