Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

So is 2 the number at CB if Black goes our way? Only took 1 corner last cycle (Muhammad) and 2 in 2022 (Brooks and Austin Jordan, Guilbeau seems destined for nickel). We have added a few transfers during that time period.

3 would be the ideal - don't forget Mack.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Clemson mods were always 1000% confident on Gipson. When IT started hedging, I knew it was over. 

In hindsight, it was so obvious. When Roach puts his nuts up on the table, we should have known he had legit intel. 

Just now, SuckitKevin said:

Pretty sure he has been.

Gotcha. Just seems to be extra doomsday-y but if we have a more important option liking us…don’t think it’s a devastating loss. I only say this because sometimes, not you know who level, but sometimes I get worried when we lose someone very important. 

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

So is 2 the number at CB if Black goes our way? Only took 1 corner last cycle (Muhammad) and 2 in 2022 (Brooks and Austin Jordan, Guilbeau seems destined for nickel). We have added a few transfers during that time period.

It’s looking like 

CB-  Black

CB-  Mack (Gerry says Mack like UF but family may prefer Texas and LSU is also on the mix.  Not sure Texas leads in this one).

Star/Nickel-  Wilson

S:  JJR

S:  Probably Josh Lair.

Just now, victory88 said:

It’s looking like 

CB-  Black

CB-  Mack (Gerry says Mack like UF but family may prefer Texas and LSU is also on the mix.  Not sure Texas leads in this one).

Star/Nickel-  Wilson

On paper that is a very good secondary class. Safety maybe a tad lacking but after getting Roberson and Williams last cycle it is a fine follow up class. Will be interested to see how JJR looks as a senior because there are some ranking disagreements about him between services.

9 minutes ago, victory88 said:

It’s looking like 

CB-  Black

Star/Nickel-  Wilson

Wilson looks pretty damn good at CB on film IMO.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Just a reminder: Nahlin is the guy with the 90% confidence Simmons to Texas RPM.

That’s just mean, man. 

6 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Nothing like acting like a petty cunt right before you are proven wrong. Nahlin is already in midsession form. 

It’s just “the form” at this point. 

Just now, TommyGufano said:

Anybody know what they have going on with life after football?

Jesus has them on a sweet NIL deal. Promoting never ending loaves of bread (this was before Olive Garden) and wine, plus shoes that walk on water, something even Phil Knight hasn’t figured out. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

It seems to be a cutout of a much older man, I’m guessing a family member who may have passed or couldn’t otherwise attend.

Ah, you’d think with such an ornate throne, a hologram might have been in order.

7 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Should this go in the non-Texas recruiting thread?

hamilton-awesome-wow.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

If that was your deciding factor, Texas should win out every single time. Feel bad for the kid. He really screwed that one up.

Eh, Clemson takes care of their players. If you don't have grand business plans it's just fine for that.

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Eh, Clemson takes care of their players. If you don't have grand business plans it's just fine for that.

Eh, what sort of care would that be, exactly?  Insurance agent in bum fuck Egypt?  It's a serious question, I'm curious as to where Clemson's post-graduate prosperity resides.

I'm not that mad about it. I wanted him but I had written him off for awhile when it was first reported he was a heavy Clemson lean. Then IT comes swinging in saying its Texas, it was a nice surprise but we still have Black and Mack on deck. Definitely makes Mack that much more important though.

4 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Eh, what sort of care would that be, exactly?  Insurance agent in bum fuck Egypt?  It's a serious question, I'm curious as to where Clemson's post-graduate prosperity resides.

Underestimate the booming economic metropolis of Charleston, Columbia and North Charleston at your peril sir.

Not a better market to run AirBnB’s for Waspy bachelorette parties in the entire South Atlantic coastal region. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Underestimate the booming economic metropolis of Charleston, Columbia and North Charleston at your peril sir.

Not a better market to run AirBnB’s for Waspy bachelorette parties in the entire South Atlantic coastal region. 

I have to tell you, I spent 3 days in Charleston earlier this month with my wife and kids, and it was fucking great. I had there once before and enjoyed that time as well. The amount of hot ass from 18-55 was fucking staggering. Food and sights were great as well. 

Not that your point wasn’t valid or funny. Just wanted to give the shout out. 

• Hook 'Em 8

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have to tell you, I spent 3 days in Charleston earlier this month with my wife and kids, and it was fucking great. I had there once before and enjoyed that time as well. The amount of hot ass from 18-55 was fucking staggering. Food and sights were great as well. 

Not that your point wasn’t valid or funny. Just wanted to give the shout out. 

One of my oldest - since pre-teen years - and closest friends lives in Charleston.  It is a gem of a place, aside from the traffic.  So many people are moving there I fear the natives are going to feel like long-time Austinites.  And I know you didn't address Clemson, but it is in the middle of nowhere.  They're closer to Atlanta than Charleston, I believe.  Not sure how much juice Dabo carries in the ATL.

11 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’d circle back on Bridges. Especially if the staff isn’t 100% sure they’re getting Mack. 

Did the staff cool on Bridges? I do remember the early tea leaves being positive and then he committed to Arky kind of out of the blue (at least to me). 

53 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Shark Tank Writing GIF

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The amount of hot ass from 18-55 was fucking staggering.

Shark Tank Mark GIF by ABC Network Shark Tank Mark GIF by ABC Network Shark Tank Mark GIF by ABC Network

Edited by Getafix

Not to beat a dead horse, but if any of you have ever talked to Nahlin irl, then you know it doesn't take long to see how much of a blowhard he is.  That he would handle something like a tit-bag when proven to be wrong, is the least surprising thing to come from this.

1 hour ago, NevaLost said:

Did the staff cool on Bridges? I do remember the early tea leaves being positive and then he committed to Arky kind of out of the blue (at least to me). 

I believe the story was the staff liked him, but his OV was thrown off by coming in late due to 7 v 7 and was just okay and Texas just liked him while Arkansas was saying he would be the #1 CB in their class.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls