Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

3 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Sorry, who was Ossai's recruiter and coach? If not OG, that guy was pretty good. We haven't had that kind of an EDGE player for a few years now. OG developed some good DTs here also.

already answered

Edited by Davis Lane

15 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Awww, someone is feeling himself again. I missed the peacocking that preceded 5- and 6-win seasons  

On 5/18/2020 at 7:09 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

the problem is not recruiting kids like this, the problem is development of all your players.

witness when it comes to 5 star players...

9755207.png?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320

Developing 5 star players to the NFL

if you’re having a problem developing 5s, it’s a problem developing 3s. it’s why we completely revamped our entire program top to bottom 3 years ago down to the smallest detail, and it’s paid off with our recent season as well as the draft. consider that CEH was a 3 star, JJ was a 2 star and Adrian Magee literally had no stars and zero offers out of HS, went JUCO and ended up a 3rd round pick. That’s not counting the 12 others who were drafted and the 5 additional who were UDFAs.

we recognized an issue and employed technology and other metrics and upgraded our facilities and nutrition center to maximize potential. it leads to enhanced development.

this is our weight room tech, the only P5 school to have it to date outside of Duke.

http:// https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/lsu-is-winning-the-weight-room-arms-race-with-real-time-data-11575460957

that’s how you maximum abilities. coupled with our own site nutrition center tailor-made to each athletes requirements and dietary needs, pods, etc., we’re able to make up the difference in developing athletes that other programs cannot.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Did he actually post that?

Absolutely. There are probably a few others where he was feeling himself even moreso, but for whatever reason the mention of Duke as the other program equipped with the technology to lap the rest of cfb just makes me chuckle.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dammit I meant Angel Reese.

FtcCR13aYAMIwh2.jpg:large

Yup, I knew who you meant 🙂  But those are women and since we're talking about college football, we have the top On3 NIL valuation:

image.thumb.png.9048393d089c1e90f54fb5b5d0e443d1.png

not to mention Quinn and X at #13 and #15.  LSU doesn't break into the list until #40: https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/college/football/

• Hook 'Em 3

I know a national writer for one of the large 9.95ers (not Rivals). He has a history with UT athletics and has covered UT football in prior work. I asked him today if it’ll be Texas or LSU for Simmons. Without hesitation, he said LSU. 

I hope he’s wrong, but he’s been spot on in past conversations. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Rage+1 4

44 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I know a national writer for one of the large 9.95ers (not Rivals). He has a history with UT athletics and has covered UT football in prior work. I asked him today if it’ll be Texas or LSU for Simmons. Without hesitation, he said LSU. 

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

there it is. 

37 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I hate to say this in my first post but I expect LSU as well. I don’t have inside sources and rarely have info the 9.95ers don’t have. This is one of those rare times where his name randomly came up and what I heard was sufficient to convince me. I expect the picks to start rolling in for LSU soon. Still plenty of time before signing day and I still expect Sark to bring in a great class.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, DZX158 said:

I hate to say this in my first post but I expect LSU as well. I don’t have inside sources and rarely have info the 9.95ers don’t have. This is one of those rare times where his name randomly came up and what I heard was sufficient to convince me. I expect the picks to start rolling in for LSU soon. Still plenty of time before signing day and I still expect Sark to bring in a great class.

And for your second post, why don't you share what you heard that convinced you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Don’t forget getting your ass handed to you by 4-7 aggy around 8 months ago. 

Are  there really motherfuckers on this board trying to use A&M wins to dunk on another program ? Weak. Fucking. Sauce.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 4

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls